Zez
Miles24
Lunacara
26 posters

The Random Hotel

Miles24
    Miles24

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Imagee10

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 White10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 2 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep2

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Empty Re: The Random Hotel

Post by Miles24 October 24th 2008, 7:41 pm

*Looks behind*
    Wow! Look at the size of that Telescope! I wonder how well you can see Alpha Centauri with this?
    Lunacara

The Random Hotel - Page 2 WFmvl

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Lunacara October 24th 2008, 9:20 pm

Forget Alpha Centauri. I can see the Tau Seti System, the Vesuvi System, the Endriarch 41 System (Vulcan), the Cardassia System, and the Bajor System... all perfectly.
    Miles24
    Miles24

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 White10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 October 24th 2008, 9:30 pm

Before I study the further areas of space, I would like to get the chance to study some of the closer stars and systems, like Alpha Sentauri, or Canis Major.
    Lunacara

Rep0

Post by Lunacara October 24th 2008, 9:42 pm

Alpha Centauri, also known as Rigil Kentaurus, Rigil Kent, or Toliman.

Constellation: Centaurus
    Distance from Sol: 1.34 Parsecs (4.37 Light-years//Approximately 41.34 trillion kilometeres).
    Spectral Type: G2V/K2IV
    Apparant Magnatude: -0.01/+1.33
    Absolute Magnitude: 4.38/5.71

Approximate Age: 4.85 Billion Years Old
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 October 24th 2008, 9:49 pm

Lunacara wrote:Alpha Centauri, also known as Rigil Kentaurus, Rigil Kent, or Toliman.

Constellation: Centaurus
    Distance from Sol: 1.34 Parsecs (4.37 Light-years//Approximately 41.34 trillion kilometeres).
    Spectral Type: G2V/K2IV
    Apparant Magnatude: -0.01/+1.33
    Absolute Magnitude: 4.38/5.71

Approximate Age: 4.85 Billion Years Old

Is it a medium size star by any chance?
    Lunacara

Rep0

Post by Lunacara October 25th 2008, 12:54 am

Its actually two types of classification. You have to remember, Alpha Centauri is a binary star, meaning that there is two stars rather than one.

Alpha Centauri A is a Class G star, just like Sol. Alpha Centauri B is a Class K star, which is slightly smaller. Now Proxima Centauri, which is also known as Alpha Centauri C, is a Class M star, which resembles something of a red dwarf. So technically, Alpha Centauri A or B is NOT the closest star to Sol, it is Alpha Centauri C (or Proxima Centauri) which is 1.3009 parsecs from Sol.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 October 25th 2008, 7:29 pm

Lunacara wrote:Its actually two types of classification. You have to remember, Alpha Centauri is a binary star, meaning that there is two stars rather than one.

Alpha Centauri A is a Class G star, just like Sol. Alpha Centauri B is a Class K star, which is slightly smaller. Now Proxima Centauri, which is also known as Alpha Centauri C, is a Class M star, which resembles something of a red dwarf. So technically, Alpha Centauri A or B is NOT the closest star to Sol, it is Alpha Centauri C (or Proxima Centauri) which is 1.3009 parsecs from Sol.

If Proxima Centauri is a Red Dwarf, wouldn't that mean that it has nearly completed its cycle? and if it explodes into a nova (Correct me if I'm wrong), could it possibly have an impact on our Solar System when it does come to the end?
    Lunacara

Rep0

Post by Lunacara October 28th 2008, 10:46 pm

Allow me to present today's Astronomy Class. *Class goes "YAY!*

We now return to the topic of stars and their life cycle. We can simply explain that there are certain types of stars that go nova at the end of their cycle, and others just swell up and shrink into a red dwarf, and continue reducing itself to a white dwarf before fading out. One example of a star that will swell up billions of years from now is the Alpha Centauri binary star and the Sol Star. These two stars will swell up at the end of their life cycles into a red giant. After that phase, it begins to shrink down into a red dwarf, and continuing into the as-before-mentioned white dwarf, thus estingiushing itself.

Larger stars, including Super Giants end their lives in a much more spectacular manner. These stars are only in existance for hundreds of millions of years, rather than the tens of billions their smaller counterparts are. When their life-cycle reaches an end, the star itself becomes dangerously unstable and explodes, in the terminology, it would be best referred as going nova. After the final cycle is complete, the remains of the star, that of the core, becomes a pulsar, rotating billions upon billions times a second, and have an extreme gravity pull. When a star goes nova, it does not alter the gravitational forces of the Universe. Everything else outside the regular star system goes virtually untouched. It is said that there is one star going nova every century.

And lastly, the third life-cycle of a star is a Super Giant, which only lasts a few million years. These stars are so large, their entire life cycle is severely unstable and could go at any moment. At the end of their life cycle, these stars go Super Nova, but the process is so violent, that the explosion itself is said to be so powerful, that it collapses beyond the pulsar, which is also known as a neutron star, into a black hole...

So, to recap...

Nebula > Regular Star > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Swelling > Shrinking into Red Dwarf > Cooling into White Dwarf = Continues cooling into nothing.

Giant Nebula > Giant Star > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Instability > Nova = Collapses into Neutron Star (a.k.a. Pulsar).

Super Giant Nebula > Super Giant Star > Constant Instability > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Extreme instability > Super Nova > Collapses beyond the Neutron Star = Black Hole

Remember class, when a star's life cycle ends, it goes through a series of changes. These changes will only affect what is in a star system and will not have any impact on any star systems.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 October 29th 2008, 7:36 pm

Lunacara wrote:Allow me to present today's Astronomy Class. *Class goes "YAY!*

We now return to the topic of stars and their life cycle. We can simply explain that there are certain types of stars that go nova at the end of their cycle, and others just swell up and shrink into a red dwarf, and continue reducing itself to a white dwarf before fading out. One example of a star that will swell up billions of years from now is the Alpha Centauri binary star and the Sol Star. These two stars will swell up at the end of their life cycles into a red giant. After that phase, it begins to shrink down into a red dwarf, and continuing into the as-before-mentioned white dwarf, thus estingiushing itself.

Larger stars, including Super Giants end their lives in a much more spectacular manner. These stars are only in existance for hundreds of millions of years, rather than the tens of billions their smaller counterparts are. When their life-cycle reaches an end, the star itself becomes dangerously unstable and explodes, in the terminology, it would be best referred as going nova. After the final cycle is complete, the remains of the star, that of the core, becomes a pulsar, rotating billions upon billions times a second, and have an extreme gravity pull. When a star goes nova, it does not alter the gravitational forces of the Universe. Everything else outside the regular star system goes virtually untouched. It is said that there is one star going nova every century.

And lastly, the third life-cycle of a star is a Super Giant, which only lasts a few million years. These stars are so large, their entire life cycle is severely unstable and could go at any moment. At the end of their life cycle, these stars go Super Nova, but the process is so violent, that the explosion itself is said to be so powerful, that it collapses beyond the pulsar, which is also known as a neutron star, into a black hole...

So, to recap...

Nebula > Regular Star > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Swelling > Shrinking into Red Dwarf > Cooling into White Dwarf = Continues cooling into nothing.

Giant Nebula > Giant Star > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Instability > Nova = Collapses into Neutron Star (a.k.a. Pulsar).

Super Giant Nebula > Super Giant Star > Constant Instability > Life Cycle Ends - Iron now used as fuel > Extreme instability > Super Nova > Collapses beyond the Neutron Star = Black Hole

Remember class, when a star's life cycle ends, it goes through a series of changes. These changes will only affect what is in a star system and will not have any impact on any star systems.

Thank you for posting this. Unfortunately, I'm a little rusty on my Astronomy. If only there was a way that I could take part within more science at the moment. I don't think I can wait until January to continue learning the subject.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 Zigzag10The Random Hotel - Page 2 White10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic November 7th 2008, 3:53 pm

Did joeoflula got banned?
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 November 7th 2008, 4:01 pm

I don't know. You should talk to Zezima if you want to know the answer.
    sykog
    sykog

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalg10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Zigzag10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog November 7th 2008, 4:35 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Did joeoflula got banned?
    Ok, nobody banned him according to his profile, he is an active user. But for some reason, when he logs on, he can onlt see the banner and it says, "you have been banned from this forum" even though he isnt really. I dont know why that is happening though.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 November 7th 2008, 4:39 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Ok, nobody banned him according to his profile, he is an active user. But for some reason, when he logs on, he can onlt see the banner and it says, "you have been banned from this forum" even though he isnt really. I dont know why that is happening though.

I saw that as well. Could it be because of a problem with the Administrator Panel?
    sykog
    sykog

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalg10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Zigzag10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog November 7th 2008, 4:42 pm

Miles24 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

I saw that as well. Could it be because of a problem with the Administrator Panel?
    i dont know.... wait, Ive got an Idea! :Mr. Green:
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog November 7th 2008, 4:52 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Miles24 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

i dont know.... wait, Ive got an Idea! :Mr. Green:
    It worked! I win I win I win! :D 💍 💍 💍 💍 💍 💍
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The Random Hotel - Page 2 Blackr10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalw11The Random Hotel - Page 2 Zigzag10The Random Hotel - Page 2 White10The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medal13The Random Hotel - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2008, 4:22 pm

Question:If you try to go back into Sega of America forums and they find out that you're you do they instant ban you?
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 16th 2008, 7:01 pm

I wouldn't know. It may happen, but I can't give you an exact answer.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2008, 7:38 pm

Well could you ask them?
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 16th 2008, 7:52 pm

First of all, why exactly are you asking this?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2008, 9:16 pm

Because...
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 16th 2008, 9:45 pm

You were banned from the SEGA of America foruma?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic December 16th 2008, 9:48 pm

GET OUT OF MY MIND!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest December 16th 2008, 10:29 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:Question:If you try to go back into Sega of America forums and they find out that you're you do they instant ban you?
    well, as soon as they found out i was me i was bannned.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog December 17th 2008, 3:18 pm

You got banned? That sucks. :silent:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest December 17th 2008, 9:48 pm

he was on for the 5 hours i was on. XD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content