: Male
     Rep11

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Empty Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled

Post by Chaos_Overlord February 4th 2010, 8:30 am

Page Not Found
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled VOZLn

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 4th 2010, 8:42 am

404 - Page Not Found
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled 56qtD

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z February 4th 2010, 12:44 pm

God damn 404...

Anyways, here is the actual link:
    http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/projectneedlemouse/news.html?sid=6249445&tag=topslot;img;1&mode=previews

Once I watch it, I'll discuss it.

Edit: It could be great, but I still don't like the Mario way they are about to employ. Although they said this was basically just another way to experience Sonic, and that console outings would also still be made(hopefully well thought through, with three years of time working on it, instead of being rushed into two, and using the Hedgehog engine). Also, the comments sicken me. At least those blind dumb l finally got what they want. My one last nitpick is, I also hate buying MS points for a nonphysical game that I have to download again if the console red rings, and will not be able to download again on a new console for another year, so if the new console red rings, you are screwed.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Imagee10

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed February 4th 2010, 1:10 pm

Like I said before, this game will just be a little distraction so I can wait for the next Sonic Unleashed-style game.

But I guess this looks to be at least an enjoyable distraction.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom February 4th 2010, 3:30 pm

Personally, I think that downloadable games and episodic games will be the new wave of the future, as it's now possible to reach players anywhere and with consistent content. I know there's always the risk of the Red Rings of Death, but that's a risk that is always taken with any downloadable title (and I hear the new Jasper boards in the latest batch of Xboxes alleviate the problem).

What do I say about this game? I say that this is just what I have been waiting for, and just what I needed. A mighty flood of nostalgia broke over me, and I knew that this would be special for me on a personal level. Though as with all games, I will reserve final judgment for when I actually play this thing, but for now all I can say is that yes, it appeals to me. I wish the best of luck to everyone on the production team.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 4th 2010, 5:29 pm

The action animations looked like they tried too hard. They look floppy, and unnatural. His profile view also looks disproportionate as compared to his earlier renderings. His head looks more than the one third apples design they employed before. He looks so clumsy and top-heavy with that massively designed head. Something that doesn't help when you're trying to convey that the character is a lithe and agile being. I may be wrong, so even if his head is proportionately accurate according to height, I'm certain that it's not proportionate in terms of width. I realize that his spines have gotten longer, but again, it does nothing to help the illusion that he's fast, especially during gameplay. As for the last part I must whine about, is the one that gets me the most. His running animation. His legs appear to be too short, for one, something that would hinder him from being as fast as he should be. Another thing are his stride lengths. He's swinging each leg only so far, and it looks like he's speed walking, or skipping along much more than he's putting effort into running. Maybe if they had him lean into it like they did before, or show his spines fluttering in the wind, it would help in some way. But he's not even leaning, he's standing up straight, making it seem like he's at the most, jogging. With the way his spines extend so far back to the left on his head in profile view, it would make sense to have him to lean forward so it would off-set that appearance of imbalance.

Also, I don't really agree with the idea of calling them episodes. For one, they never did that before, and it's just sudden and makes no sense. At least with Star Wars they always called them episodes. Calling a game an episode would imply a sequel of the same name, just a different number. There's not even a name to go along with the title of episode, just that it's an episode. Again, with Star Wars, it wasn't Star Wars Episode I. It was Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace. With this, it just seems like laziness on their part, whether they are being lazy or not with that concept. Now with the implications of a sequel and lack of an episodic name, we'll probably get; Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II. Then, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode III. When you put it in that kind of format, it also seems much more like a show or movie than it is a game. It gives you thoughts of watching something, not playing it.

But other than that, it looks fine.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 4th 2010, 6:16 pm

SEGA once again I'm disappointed
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed February 4th 2010, 6:44 pm

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled My_Reaction_to_Sonic_Fanboys_by_XNinjaRed
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z February 4th 2010, 6:47 pm

XNinjaRed wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled My_Reaction_to_Sonic_Fanboys_by_XNinjaRed

That comic is absolutely hilarious XNinja.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 4th 2010, 7:02 pm

XNinjaRed wrote:Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled My_Reaction_to_Sonic_Fanboys_by_XNinjaRed
    Sonic Fans in a nutshell
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 4th 2010, 7:11 pm

I don't give a s what everyone else is saying.

I'm buying this darn it!!!!!
    Miles24
    Miles24

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 February 4th 2010, 7:27 pm

I must agree with this comic. The older fans of the Sonic series have been given exactly what they wanted, yet they still complain that it does not meet their standards or specifications. From what has been shown, the game uses similar physics and gameplay style from the older Sonic games, while giving it a fresh 3-Dimensional feel. Even though it is made to be an almost perfect sequel, yet because the Sonic model is different, or the addition of the Homing Attack, the older Sonic fans still continue to complain. I understand that Human Nature always causes us to ask for more once we have seen what will be given to us, but this is a bit too much.
    codeorange

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled GOMM8

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange February 4th 2010, 7:39 pm

Personally, I'm pretty excited about this. I'd buy this if I had the money, but I'm low on cash now. I don't want to nitpick so much on the details because if the gameplay will be similar to the way the games were back in the day, then why should there be a negative uproar? I'm just fine with the graphics and design. The only thing that I would comment on would be the downloading part. I believe it would be nice to have actual disks of the game.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 4th 2010, 7:53 pm

I wonder how much it's going to cost.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom February 4th 2010, 8:04 pm

Hives wrote:I wonder how much it's going to cost.

Considerably less than a physical copy of a game, I should hope.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 4th 2010, 8:09 pm

Phantom wrote:

Yeah...
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z February 4th 2010, 8:45 pm

Hives wrote:
    Phantom wrote:

Yeah...
    Ditto. I'd probably guess 1600-2000 MS points myself, AKA $20 to $25.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled ZtZYh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 4th 2010, 8:48 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:
    Hives wrote:
    Phantom wrote:

Yeah...
    Ditto. I'd probably guess 1600-2000 MS points myself, AKA $20 to $25.
    That's fine, assuming we get a proper amount of acts.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog February 4th 2010, 8:51 pm

Sonic fans are absolutely unpleasable. Laughing

Well, the rumors are true. Too bad I can't play it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 4th 2010, 9:05 pm

Zezima wrote:The action animations looked like they tried too hard. They look floppy, and unnatural. His profile view also looks disproportionate as compared to his earlier renderings. His head looks more than the one third apples design they employed before. He looks so clumsy and top-heavy with that massively designed head. Something that doesn't help when you're trying to convey that the character is a lithe and agile being. I may be wrong, so even if his head is proportionately accurate according to height, I'm certain that it's not proportionate in terms of width. I realize that his spines have gotten longer, but again, it does nothing to help the illusion that he's fast, especially during gameplay. As for the last part I must whine about, is the one that gets me the most. His running animation. His legs appear to be too short, for one, something that would hinder him from being as fast as he should be. Another thing are his stride lengths. He's swinging each leg only so far, and it looks like he's speed walking, or skipping along much more than he's putting effort into running. Maybe if they had him lean into it like they did before, or show his spines fluttering in the wind, it would help in some way. But he's not even leaning, he's standing up straight, making it seem like he's at the most, jogging. With the way his spines extend so far back to the left on his head in profile view, it would make sense to have him to lean forward so it would off-set that appearance of imbalance.

Also, I don't really agree with the idea of calling them episodes. For one, they never did that before, and it's just sudden and makes no sense. At least with Star Wars they always called them episodes. Calling a game an episode would imply a sequel of the same name, just a different number. There's not even a name to go along with the title of episode, just that it's an episode. Again, with Star Wars, it wasn't Star Wars Episode I. It was Star Wars Episode I, The Phantom Menace. With this, it just seems like laziness on their part, whether they are being lazy or not with that concept. Now with the implications of a sequel and lack of an episodic name, we'll probably get; Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II. Then, Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode III. When you put it in that kind of format, it also seems much more like a show or movie than it is a game. It gives you thoughts of watching something, not playing it.

But other than that, it looks fine.
    Yeah, good points. Episodes does seem kinda random; I'd rather have Sonic 5 and 6, but whatever.

Last edited by The Freedom Fighter on February 4th 2010, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 4th 2010, 9:07 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:Sonic fans are absolutely unpleasable. Laughing
    I'm pleased, and I'm a fan. :Neutralness:
    By that logic you are not a Sonic fan
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog February 4th 2010, 9:08 pm

Sonic fans in general.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 4th 2010, 9:09 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Sonic fans in general.
    And most fans I've met are pleasable too. Are you sure these aren't fans who are just on the other side?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 4th 2010, 9:26 pm

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how good it is that it's going to be on the Wii.

I'm glad I'm not on the Sega boards right now because I can see a huge fanboy war going on right now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content