Zez
Chaos_Overlord
Phantom
17 posters

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled

sykog
    sykog

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Imagee10

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled

Post by sykog February 4th 2010, 9:27 pm

Hives wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how good it is that it's going to be on the Wii.

I'm glad I'm not on the Sega boards right now because I can see a huge fanboy war going on right now.

That's cool, but I don't have Wi-Fi, so I still can't play it.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 4th 2010, 9:29 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Hives wrote:I'm surprised that no one has mentioned how good it is that it's going to be on the Wii.

I'm glad I'm not on the Sega boards right now because I can see a huge fanboy war going on right now.

Oh that sucks.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog February 4th 2010, 9:31 pm

Hives wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

Oh that sucks.
    I tried to get it a while ago, but the wireless thing broke down after 20 minutes. I managed to download Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, though.
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Mobius 1 February 4th 2010, 9:50 pm

Well, it at least looks hopeful.

I'll play it but I'll still be looking for a 3D Sonic game that will appeal to moi.

BTW, anyone know the E-mail address for Sonic team?

I need to send them hate mail, death threats, a marriage proposal and my game pitch.
    Independence76

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 GOMM8

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 February 4th 2010, 10:04 pm

Don't we already have this game?

I believe it's called Sonic Advance...
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog February 4th 2010, 11:17 pm

Independence76 wrote:Don't we already have this game?

Sonic Advance is an excellent game.
    Independence76

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 February 5th 2010, 12:07 am

sykog77 wrote:

Yeah....there's no point in getting another one for our consoles.....
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog February 5th 2010, 12:11 am

Independence76 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

It's not the same game though. It's like saying Sonic 2 is the same game as Sonic 1
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 February 5th 2010, 12:17 am

sykog77 wrote:
    It's not the same game though. It's like saying Sonic 2 is the same game as Sonic 1

Actually, it kinda is.

However, there were radically different backgrounds and music. Despite it being a difference, by today's standards, it's nothing.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 ZtZYh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 5th 2010, 1:25 am

Independence76 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

Other than to have more fun levels to run through.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 VOZLn

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom February 5th 2010, 5:00 pm

From my thread on the Sega boards:

It pains me to see people riled up over games that are "EPIC FAIL," when nobody is wondering what could have been done to fix things, nobody is being constructive. Are we really so desensitized that nothing will ever impress us anymore? Do we expect all of our most far-out whims to be fulfilled by people half the world over with a job to do? Do we take our games for granted in a way that after years of planning and developing a game, it only takes a few seconds for us to rip it apart and call those hard-working devs lazy or incompetent? Are we so hung up on the most minute details (e.g. Sonic's character model not being the short and pudgy character from the Genesis games) that we lose sight of the big picture?

I will give this game a chance--what about you?
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 5th 2010, 5:24 pm

I didn't say anything about giving up on them. I also didn't say anything about not giving them a chance, or them being lazy or incompetent for that matter. I didn't say it was bad, or horrible or it should be destroyed. I didn't tear it limb from limb and go to every ridiculous unnecessary detail as to why it didn't fulfill my fantasy. For that matter I didn't say one insult or degrading comment towards the employees, company or product itself. I simply gave a criticism based on what I saw and how it could have been improved. If your definition of constructive criticism is to point out the negatives and offer suggestions for improvement, that's what I did. I also did not label the entirety of this project as a failure or a waste of time based on those two criticisms. I simply pointed out two things I disliked and at the turn gave examples of how I would have liked it better. I was looking forward to project, and with some information revealed, I still am. Criticisms are meant to be used for improvement, not debasement and abashment. I did not say what I said for the sake of saying it didn't meet whatever expectations I may have had. The fact is I had no real expectations seeing as how I knew next to nothing about it. Upon learning more about it I found some items I'd rather would have been changed. Does that mean I can't accept it as a whole? No. I simply didn't accept the two concepts I criticized. In all likelihood I will buy this game, and I most likely will enjoy it.

I can understand how there are many people out there who give out "criticisms" left and right. I can also understand how nowadays there are so many people who simply can not be pleased. I'm saying that I'm overall am pleased with this, but felt like pointing out what disappointed me.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 5th 2010, 7:41 pm

So, fans are still complaining?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 56qtD

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z February 5th 2010, 7:44 pm

Hives wrote:So, fans are still complaining?

Yep, especially the petty things.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom February 5th 2010, 7:47 pm

They're complaining about (a) the Homing Attack, and (b) the newer Sonic model as opposed to the "classic" Sonic, short and pudgy with solid black eyes (and we've had this version of Sonic for how long now?). Some people just can't be appeased or reasoned with.

That's why I wrote that post on the Sega boards; to state my perspective on what's going on. I apologize to Zezima; it's fine to have legitimate critiques, but there are those who take it that far.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 56qtD

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z February 5th 2010, 7:52 pm

Phantom wrote:They're complaining about (a) the Homing Attack, and (b) the newer Sonic model as opposed to the "classic" Sonic, short and pudgy with solid black eyes (and we've had this version of Sonic for how long now?). Some people just can't be appeased or reasoned with.

That's why I wrote that post on the Sega boards; to state my perspective on what's going on. I apologize to Zezima; it's fine to have legitimate critiques, but there are those who take it that far.

I will say that they aren't completely in the petty zone for being cautious about the homing attack. I'm a little legitimately worried about how that will be implemented myself as well.
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 February 5th 2010, 7:52 pm

It's not that the game isn't good - it's the fact that it's absolutely nothing new.

Sure, it's supposed to be a classic, but it looks almost exactly the same as a little Game Boy Advance card I have in a drawer somewhere. I'm not paying $15 for something I've already got.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 ZtZYh

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 5th 2010, 8:37 pm

Independence76 wrote:It's not that the game isn't good - it's the fact that it's absolutely nothing new.

Sure, it's supposed to be a classic, but it looks almost exactly the same as a little Game Boy Advance card I have in a drawer somewhere. I'm not paying $15 for something I've already got.
    It's completely new: new graphics, new music, new levels, new story, and even new gameplay elements. Yes, the gameplay is similar; it may even turn out almost a mirror of the old games. Either way, it's very new, even if the most important feature is similar or even near the same.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 5th 2010, 11:49 pm

YAY
    This reminds me of the first game I played...
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2...
    I'ts 2-D, it is much talked about, and it's DLC on Xbox Live. What's the difference?

STILL ALOT MORE!!!
    YAY
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 February 6th 2010, 12:14 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    It's completely new: new graphics, new music, new levels, new story, and even new gameplay elements. Yes, the gameplay is similar; it may even turn out almost a mirror of the old games. Either way, it's very new, even if the most important feature is similar or even near the same.

Graphics looks almost the same, music isn't all too different, stories in 2D games aren't always relavent (in such a game as this), and if anything, less gameplay elements.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 6th 2010, 4:08 pm

Independence76 wrote:It's not that the game isn't good - it's the fact that it's absolutely nothing new.

Yes, and it might actually be a good game!
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 February 6th 2010, 7:22 pm

I honestly could care less about this.
    MilesElmerPrower
    MilesElmerPrower

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by MilesElmerPrower February 6th 2010, 7:30 pm

The graphics seem awesome.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 White10Sonic the Hedgehog 4 unveiled - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 February 6th 2010, 8:58 pm

Independence76 wrote:

Graphics looks almost the same, music isn't all too different, stories in 2D games aren't always relevant (in such a game as this), and if anything, less gameplay elements.

By the way, how could you possibly know any of this?

Either way, people have been buying the same game for almost every single franchise for years to come now (at least going by what you're saying here) so I'm not seeing much problem.

Soon there will be Guitar Hero 400, Super Mario Bros. 78, Halo 2089 and Grand theft Auto: Houston, Texas.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog February 7th 2010, 11:20 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:

Graphics looks almost the same, music isn't all too different, stories in 2D games aren't always relevant (in such a game as this), and if anything, less gameplay elements.

By the way, how could you possibly know any of this?

Either way, people have been buying the same game for almost every single franchise for years to come now (at least going by what you're saying here) so I'm not seeing much problem.

Soon there will be Guitar Hero 400, Super Mario Bros. 78, Halo 2089 and Grand theft Auto: Houston, Texas.
    No, you mean Grand theft Auto: Zimbabwe.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content