14 posters

If There Ever Was....

Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

If There Ever Was.... VOZLn

If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

If There Ever Was.... Empty If There Ever Was....

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 11th 2010, 8:23 pm

THIS IS THE ONLY WEREHOG FANFICTION I AM GOING TO WRITE, SO DO NOT BASH AS I WILL NOT WRITE ANY MORE. I AM STILL COMPLETELY AGAINST THE IDEA, BUT IF YOU GUYS ARE GOING TO NAG ME THEN I'LL SHOW YOU MY OPINION!!!

Sonic had not become a werehog in the normal way. A transformation due to Eggman's terrible experiments were the cause of this mayhem, and though many people think the transformations are painful, they really aren't. The shaking that most people assume is from pain is just part of the transformation, as all his extra hairs push their way out.
    Ashley the Hedgehog--or in this case, Ash the Cat--had no idea of what had happened to her brother. She had walked out to the desert, only yards away from the city limits of the city she lived in, to stay out of the spotlight when she went off on her own. The night before, she had felt sick and her attitude had began to change, and she knew that the night after would be the full moon, without even looking out the window to see the almost-full moon.
    Her brother had nodded, knowing what would happen, and then a low thudding on the ground had caught his attention. Knowing that it was a robot, he left, and his little sister was alone in their apartment.
    Ash's brother had not returned the day, nor the night, and she was almost worried that something had happened. However, it was quite common for him to be away for slightly more than a day while fighting--there were times when he was held hostage, going on rescue missions, etc.--so she went out to the desert.
    Her friend, Comet, who could see into the future in a unique way, had warned them about a riddle saying, "the world was about to part." They had no idea whether it meant something physical or emotional, so they all decided to stay together--but they wouldn't make Ash stay in the city, in a closed area with no place to move.
    Her friends set up a tent with her already inside, napping quietly as her hair grew out and her fur turned darker. When she finally opened her eyes, they had already changed to yellow.
    "Come here, kitty. You need to be groomed," Will teased, and she rolled her luminescent eyes.
    "I wonder where Sonic is," Ash said absentmindedly.
    "I can't hear him," Will said nervously. "He probably passed out, or is thinking too much for me to get in."
    Ash nodded, and stretched herself out. She smiled at the group, which surprisingly was missing Tails, and took off. In less than a second, they couldn't see where she was.

Tails and Sonic the Werehog were in the plane, flying to the desert, which their friends had already informed them would be their meeting point. Sonic spotted Ash, at least a mile from the others, and told Tails to stay put while he went down.

A loud thud behind her alerted Ash's cat senses, and she turned around in a flash. The seemingly mutant stranger behind her tried to smile, and she screeched.
    "Relax, relax," the stranger said, and a shiver ran down her spine: this stranger had the same voice as her brother.
    "Um, hi," Ash said.
    "Hi," the stranger replied, and another chill ran down Ash's spine.
    "Well, what are you waiting for? Say something," Ash taunted.
    "...Are you alone?" he asked.
    Ash hissed. "What are you trying to do, flirt?"
    "That...would be scary," the stranger said with a smile.
    Ash growled. "Who are you?"
    "There is no way that you're going to believe me," the stranger said with a sad smile, "but it's me, Sonic."
    Ash did believe him.
    A look of horror struck her face.
    "Wait, wait!" Sonic tried to stop her, but she was already running at an extremely high feline speed.

Last edited by Ash The Hedgehog on March 7th 2010, 12:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

If There Ever Was.... ZtZYh

If There Ever Was.... Blackr10If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Zigzag10If There Ever Was.... White10If There Ever Was.... Medal13If There Ever Was.... 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

If There Ever Was.... Empty Re: If There Ever Was....

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 11th 2010, 8:37 pm

Wait...why does Ash turn into a cat? It's good and all, but that confused me.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Medalg10If There Ever Was.... Medal13If There Ever Was.... 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 11th 2010, 10:44 pm

OH TEH NOES!!!

Good for the Werehog/Horror/Unhappy Endings sections.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 12th 2010, 11:15 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Wait...why does Ash turn into a cat? It's good and all, but that confused me.

you'll figure out pretty soon; it's not going to be what you think it is.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 12th 2010, 12:48 pm

Is Ash a cat or a hedgehog??? Sorry, I'm confused too.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 12th 2010, 1:20 pm

"Que sera, sera," Ash sang quietly, reciting the familiar line that had played a great deal in her life.
    Since earlier years in her life, she had become fluent in many languages.  Due to experimentation and modifications to her body and brain in the past, she only had to hear a word of a language to become fluent in it. 
    She remembered back to the one day that had changed her life. 
    Before drinking the liquid, she was an average two year old with grammatical problems and a permanent lisp.  
    "Open up and drink this," the experimenter ordered, holding the cup in his hand. 
    He was the nicest, and the one who felt sorry for Ash but couldn't do anything. 
    At first Ash didn't want to drink the purple liquid, but they told her it tasted good and she opened her tiny jaw. 
    She swallowed the awkward medicine, and then smiled as a warm, tingling sensation spread throughout her body. Ash heard a boom, and the door collapsed inwards. 
    In the doorway, her parents stood with Sonic in between them. 
    Ash jumped off the seat, ran up to her mom and dad, and locked her arms around her older brother. 
    "Mama, Daddy, you're back!"
    Her parents were shocked with her perfect grammar and lack of unclear speech. 
    "You left me with a different doctor than normal, but these people were nice," she said, blabbering on. 
    Her parents were horrified. 
    Since that day on, Ash's thoughts had always been in the voice she spoke with when she was two years old—after that fateful day.      

Last edited by Ash The Hedgehog on February 16th 2010, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 12th 2010, 1:23 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Is Ash a cat or a hedgehog??? Sorry, I'm confused too.

I told you, you'll see. First, look at my username. Second, reread what happened in the desert, at the beginning of the night. I'm not trying to throw you a red herring—just try to reread until you understand. If you don't after that, it's going to be revealed soon, anyway.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 12th 2010, 2:10 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Is Ash a cat or a hedgehog??? Sorry, I'm confused too.

I told you, you'll see. First, look at my username. Second, reread what happened in the desert, at the beginning of the night. I'm not trying to throw you a red herring—just try to reread until you understand. If you don't after that, it's going to be revealed soon, anyway.

Wait, so in THIS story she is a cat?
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Medalg10If There Ever Was.... Medal13If There Ever Was.... 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 12th 2010, 9:21 pm

Listen: Stop questioning this good piece of work. I like the story.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 13th 2010, 1:55 pm

Ash tried to return her confused mind to the problem at hand, but every time she tried to come up with a reasonable explanation she failed.
    A pit of toxic waste? she tried to convince herself for the millionth time, and her mind's voice sent a jolt of pain down her back.
    The cat knew she would have to go back and see for herself, hear the story with her own ears, but she couldn't bring herself to turn around. She knew that Sonic was probably following her, chasing her down so he could explain, but even if he was there Ash would only listen. She didn't want to see the end result of her brother's mutation, at all.
    A crash in the south east direction alerted her, and she stopped momentarily to see what had happened. Even with night vision on her side, she couldn't see the miles ahead of her. She sped back, and saw the collapsed tent covering her friends inside, them all laughing.
    "What happened?" Ash asked, pulling the closest corner to her up.
    "I leaned on one of the poles, and the whole thing crashed!" a familiar voice laughed from the corner of the tent. Tails had joined them, she realized, noticing the plane parked a couple yards away.
    "Too bad I wasn't here," Ash said, trying to return to her usually playful self. "Have any of you guys seen Sonic?"
    "He's off in the forest, probably picking a good tree to sleep in," Amy said. "I can't believe what happened to him. Did you hear his story?"
    "I...was scared," Ash admitted.
    "Don't be," Will said. "He's the same person, he just looks different."
    "Well, if he's the same person, I'll talk to him in my own way," Ash said stubbornly.
    "Ash, you're not going to be able to spend the rest of your life not talking to me," Sonic's voice said from behind her. She screamed in a high, feminine tone, and shot herself into the tent.
    "Turn around," Sonic ordered. "The sun's already rising."
    Ash turned around, and was shocked to see her brother standing there, looking as normal as he ever was. She stood up and hugged him.
    "Will this happen again?" Ash asked.
    "I hope not, but I think so," Sonic said. "I've become a werewolf now, I think."
    "Well then," you'll be just like me...well, kind of. I still look better," Ash teased.
    Sonic ruffled her dark fur. "I also think you like to be pet more, too," he said, as Ash purred happily.

Last edited by Ash The Hedgehog on February 16th 2010, 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 13th 2010, 2:54 pm

All I can say to this chapter is :3 (Kitten face)
    Zez
    Zez

If There Ever Was.... Blackr10If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Zigzag10If There Ever Was.... Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez February 13th 2010, 3:12 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:All I can say to this chapter is :3 (Kitten face)

English. Do you speak it?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

If There Ever Was.... ZtZYh

If There Ever Was.... Blackr10If There Ever Was.... Medalw11If There Ever Was.... Zigzag10If There Ever Was.... White10If There Ever Was.... Medal13If There Ever Was.... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 13th 2010, 3:18 pm

Aww, quite cute. Especially with Sonic petting Ash affectionately.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 13th 2010, 8:03 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:Ash tried to return her confused mind to the problem at hand, but every time she tried to come up with a reasonable explanation she failed.
    A pit of toxic waste? she tried to convince herself for the millionth time, and her mind's voice sent a jolt of pain down her back.
    The cat knew she would have to go back and see for herself, hear the story with her own ears, but she couldn't bring herself to turn around. She knew that Sonic was probably following her, chasing her down so he could explain, but even if he was there Ash would only listen. She didn't want to see the end result of her brother's mutation, at all.
    A crash in the south east direction alerted her, and she stopped momentarily to see what had happened. Even with night vision on her side, she couldn't see the miles ahead of her. She sped back, and saw the collapsed tent covering her friends inside, them all laughing.
    "What happened?" Ash asked, pulling the closest corner to her up.
    "I leaned on one of the poles, and the whole thing crashed!" a familiar voice laughed from the corner of the tent. Tails had joined them, she realized, noticing the plane parked a couple yards away.
    "Too bad I wasn't here," Ash said, trying to return to her usually playful self. "Have any of you guys seen Sonic?"
    "He's off in the forest, probably picking a good tree to sleep in," Amy said. "I can't believe what happened to him. Did you hear his story?"
    "I...was scared," Ash admitted.
    "Don't be," Will said. "He's the same person, he just looks different."
    "Well, if he's the same person, I'll talk to him in my own way," Ash said stubbornly.
    "Ash, you're not going to be able to spend the rest of your life not talking to me," Sonic's voice said from behind her. She screamed in a high, feminine tone, and shot herself into the tent.
    "Turn around," Sonic ordered. "The sun's already rising."
    Ash turned around, and was shocked to see her brother standing there, looking as normal as he ever was. She stood up and hugged him.
    "Will this happen again?" Ash asked.
    "I hope not, but I think so," Sonic said. "I've become a werewolf now, I think."
    "Well then," you'll be just like me...well, kind of. I still look better," Ash teased.
    Sonic ruffled her dark fur. "I also think you like to be pet more, too," he said, as Ash purred happily.

I'm still confused as to whether she's a cat or a hedgehog. *Scratches head*
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 13th 2010, 8:03 pm

It'll be clear very, very soon.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 2:19 pm

With her brother's arm around her back, Ash pulled off her gloves and Sonic held them for her as she stretched out her little kitten paws. While she was a domestic house cat for now, being a Mobian, she still had opposable thumbs. Sonic continued to pet her head, and she continued to purr.
    While the day seemed much more perfect than the night had been, Ash couldn't help but to think that it would be that hectic every full moon. Once, or even twice a month seemed too soon for her.
    They returned to the apartment complex, glad that they hadn't been separated from their home or even the rest of the city.
    Sonic fell asleep immediately after having laid down in his bed, obviously tired from last night's events, and Ash sat by the window in his room, the end of her tail flicking impatiently as she listened to her brother's breathing.

Thirteen years ago on that day, her parents had been fighting another one of Eggman's monstrous robots in the center of town. When the robot approached the two young parents' kids, they told them to go inside to the nearest building. They ran into the doctor's office, as did most of the other people by them. In the swarming mass of dozens of people, a kind looking man pulled the twins into a back room.
    "You'll be safe here," he said, soothingly.
    "Happy Vawentine'th Day," Ash said to the man and her brother, remembering the date.
    "Happy Valentine's Day to you as well," the man said in a clear voice, with such a word choice that made Ash envy him for his ability to communicate.
    "Come sit up here," the man said, pulling the twins up onto a doctor's chair. At that moment, the kids' parents pushed through the door and grabbed Sonic, and as James reached for his daughter, another man grabbed Ash from behind and ran into another room, her squirming and kicking and screaming in his arms.
    "Shh...." a woman's voice said, taking her from the man's arms and placing her calmly onto the bench. "You're just at the doctor's," she said, and suddenly Ash believed it. She hadn't known that, this woman, was capable of hypnosis and mind reading like her boyfriend was, present day.
    "Now open up, we need to check your teeth," the woman said, turning on the lamp overhead.
    "Do I need to thay 'ahh?'" Ash said, her lisp getting in the way of correctly pronouncing, "say."
    "No, I don't believe so," the woman said.
    Ash opened her mouth, and the world went black.

Last edited by Ash The Hedgehog on February 16th 2010, 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 5:00 pm

Ash stood up quietly, and walked out of Sonic's room. On her way out, she flicked out the lights and closed the door. 
    Cooking had always been her refuge from stress, and there was almost always someone willing to eat it if she didn't want to. With everyone over at her house, discussing what they would need to do to get Sonic back to normal and Ash out of such a depressed state, she doubted that no one would want to eat at sone point. 
    She passed the others, and tried to smile as she walked by. They weren't really expecting her to, but it wouldve lightened the mood a bit. 
    Ash entered the kitchen, and debated what to make. 
    "Is anyone hungry?" she asked. 
    Half hungry and half knowing that cooking would make her feel better, almost everyone said "yes."
    Another voice chorused in, and Ash realized her brother was awake. He shuffled out of his room, yawning, andstood in the kitchen next to her where he played with her whiskers.  
    "You like being in cat form, right?" Sonic asked.  She nodded in response.
    "Then don't be a hypocrite," he said, chuckling.
    "It's not like that," Ash said, adding a growl to her message.
    "Sorry, that's how it seems to me," Sonic responsed. "I actually find it kind of cool."
    "THEN BE THAT WAY!" Ash screamed, storming out of the room.        
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker February 14th 2010, 6:32 pm

So... this is Ash's history, right? Because I'm getting a bit confused here... :S
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 6:38 pm

TheShadowWalker wrote:So... this is Ash's history, right? Because I'm getting a bit confused here... :S

Yes, this story is back and forth between the werehog dilemna and Ash's past.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 14th 2010, 11:14 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:
    TheShadowWalker wrote:So... this is Ash's history, right? Because I'm getting a bit confused here... :S

Is she....still a cat?
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 11:30 pm

Ash sat on her large windowsill, where her mattress lay. She tucked her legs in, her arms wrapped around them.
    She remembered back to the first time she'd ever passed out.
    When she had woken up, she suddenly saw everything in a clearer vision. The people walking around her were in a much calmer manner, and she suddenly remembered the exact paths which they had walked across the room with. From then on, she had one of the best memories on the planet.
    "Come here, Ash, is it?" the man that had brought her into the back said.
    Ash nodded, and jumped agily off the chair. The man smiled, for he knew that it was the first part of the test: she walked faster, was more graceful, and jumped so gracefully from a high surface without a flinch.
    He had her stand there for a moment, and walked out of the room. Before leaving, he told her, "don't move."
    She heard a beep, but continued to stay absolutely still. When he walked back in, he was reviewing a video on a PDA. He smiled in approval, noticing that she hadn't even blinked when he told her to stay still.
    "Okay, I need you to walk around the room for me," he said, and she nodded.
    He pulled the female doctor into the room, showing her how Ash walked in a completely straight line without faltering a bit. She walked in a completely perfect line with the perimeter of the room, and when she reached the doctors again.
    There was a small beeping coming from the out cove between the two rooms, and suddenly they threw Ash back up on the chair. Any normal two year old would have been screaming in pain, but she didn't seem to notice.
    The beeping had been her parents entering the building. They had no time to check everything else, and from there they'd given her the liquid and her parents had taken her.
    While they didn't test all of them, they made so many adjustments, some Ash had discovered already, others she hadn't even found yet.
    Her life had been hectic ever since, and sometimes she wished the day hadn't come. Other times, she just wishes they had done more.
    Her life had been anything but perfect, she reminded herself as she uncurled herself and fell asleep.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 11:30 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    Ash The Hedgehog wrote:

Is she....still a cat?

For God's sakes, it'll come clear in the next post.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo February 14th 2010, 11:50 pm

Ash woke up at one in the morning, the next day.
    Relieved, she jumped off of her bed to check that her brother was sleeping peacefully, normally, in the next room.
    She was halfway to the door when she had a major craving for fish.
    "Oh, fudge," she said wearily. Ash dashed to her window, and peeled apart the curtains.
    A full moon.
    A flash of blue in the trees, the leaves swaying gently with the breeze outside.
    Ash shot out her claws, almost ripping her bed sheets, then as quickly as pulling them out, retracted them.
    She let a growl rise from her throat, and she pushed open the window and stuck her head out. Purr as she did as the air ruffled her fur, she jumped out onto the small sill jutting out to the world below, closed the window, and jumped into the trees and let the forest take her in its magic world.
    Since as long as she could remember, the full moon had been her cat day. On every other day of the month, she was a hedgehog, but on full moons she was completely different.
    The first people to have her powers were domesticated house cats. From them and their many descendants, including herself and her mother, she had inherited their powers. The ancient calendar of their people had been a lunar calendar, meaning that birthdays, holidays, and rituals were held on certain moon phases at different times of the year. Ash had been born on a full moon, so one moon cycle later, or one "ancient month" later, it was the full moon and time for her to go into cat form. She had been confused with a werecat many times in the past by her friends, but after listening to the explanation they stopped bugging her with mythology questions and other annoying statements. She could have turned on any other day of the month, but she happened to be born on a full moon. Sometimes, she wished it otherwise, others not.
    Back in her brain, she became one with the trees that she climbed and touched and connected with. She tried to imagine herself in a place without werewolves, without impostors, and without the worries that she would never spend another Saturday night with her brother again.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 February 14th 2010, 11:53 pm

Ash The Hedgehog wrote:Ash woke up at one in the morning, the next day.
    Relieved, she jumped off of her bed to check that her brother was sleeping peacefully, normally, in the next room.
    She was halfway to the door when she had a major craving for fish.
    "Oh, fudge," she said wearily. Ash dashed to her window, and peeled apart the curtains.
    A full moon.
    A flash of blue in the trees, the leaves swaying gently with the breeze outside.
    Ash shot out her claws, almost ripping her bed sheets, then as quickly as pulling them out, retracted them.
    She let a growl rise from her throat, and she pushed open the window and stuck her head out. Purr as she did as the air ruffled her fur, she jumped out onto the small sill jutting out to the world below, closed the window, and jumped into the trees and let the forest take her in its magic world.
    Since as long as she could remember, the full moon had been her cat day. On every other day of the month, she was a hedgehog, but on full moons she was completely different.
    The first people to have her powers were domesticated house cats. From them and their many descendants, including herself and her mother, she had inherited their powers. The ancient calendar of their people had been a lunar calendar, meaning that birthdays, holidays, and rituals were held on certain moon phases at different times of the year. Ash had been born on a full moon, so one moon cycle later, or one "ancient month" later, it was the full moon and time for her to go into cat form. She had been confused with a werecat many times in the past by her friends, but after listening to the explanation they stopped bugging her with mythology questions and other annoying statements. She could have turned on any other day of the month, but she happened to be born on a full moon. Sometimes, she wished it otherwise, others not.
    Back in her brain, she became one with the trees that she climbed and touched and connected with. She tried to imagine herself in a place without werewolves, without impostors, and without the worries that she would never spend another Saturday night with her brother again.

Oh.......so she's a cat.........This is getting interesting.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

If There Ever Was.... Imagee10

If There Ever Was.... White10If There Ever Was.... Medalg10If There Ever Was.... Medal13If There Ever Was.... Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz February 15th 2010, 12:49 am

So...... she's a .... werecat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content