+2
TheShadowWalker
Erazor
6 posters

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN

Erazor
    Erazor

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Imagee10

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Blackr10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalg10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN White10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

: Male
     Rep22

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Empty DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 12:04 am

According to posts I've read on YouChew and Sega, if you sign in to PSN all of your trophy information will be deleted. And Xbox fanboys, before you start fapping to the idea of PSN issues, just remember that your console only has one year to live.

If you still want to play:
    - if you use an ethernet cable, disconnect it
    - if you use wireless, power off your router

I'll post any updates on the stuation. Anyone else with extra information should do the same.

EDIT: Engadget says they're going to be keeping updated on the situation so check in on them regularly.
    http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/28/playstation-network-down-so-are-lots-of-ps3s/

EDIT 2:
    Update 2: Given that issues started to appear as February 28th became March 1st, it's being speculated that the PSN woes are related to an improper handling of leap years. Similar to the issue that bricked those Zunes back in 2008. Sorry, manually setting your date doesn't help, we tried.
    I'm not turning my PS3 on at all for the time being.

EDIT 3: Gamespot's take on the situation.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252582.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN VOZLn

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalg10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN 2hygec

Rep3

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Empty Re: DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN

Post by TheShadowWalker March 1st 2010, 4:44 pm

I've had enough with Xbox problems and PS3 not having anything on there rep, but I'm glad PS3 will go down with it.
    Back to the Wii!
    Zez
    Zez

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Blackr10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Zigzag10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 1st 2010, 5:38 pm

I'm avoiding all PS3's at the moment.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Zigzag10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN White10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 1st 2010, 7:35 pm

I still haven't had ANY problems neither my friend. I'm sorry this information has failed me once more.
    Erazor
    Erazor

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Blackr10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalg10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN White10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 7:52 pm

Soviet Soldier wrote:I still haven't had ANY problems neither my friend. I'm sorry this information has failed me once more.
    Do you have a slim PS3 or a fat one?
    Jmh
    Jmh

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN White10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 1st 2010, 7:59 pm

Ouch.

Also, 360 only has only one year left?
    sykog
    sykog

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Blackr10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalg10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Zigzag10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 1st 2010, 9:08 pm

That's strange. Huh.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 10:32 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6252630.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

According to Gamespot, the PS3s are no longer crashing and games with trophies are playable. However, no one is positive what may happen to trophy data still so if you actually care about trophies (like me) then don't sign in until Sony officially addresses the trophy concerns.
    sykog
    sykog

DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Blackr10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalw11DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medalg10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Zigzag10DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 1st 2010, 10:37 pm

What do the trophies do?Or are they just a sign of achievement, and that's it?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 10:44 pm

sykog77 wrote:What do the trophies do?Or are they just a sign of achievement, and that's it?
    They're the same as Xbox 360's achievements. The last thing I want is to have to play through Eat Lead on Maximum Hazard again. I think I'd pop a blood vessel.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 1st 2010, 10:49 pm

Erazor wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:What do the trophies do?Or are they just a sign of achievement, and that's it?
    They're the same as Xbox 360's achievements. The last thing I want is to have to play through Eat Lead on Maximum Hazard again. I think I'd pop a blood vessel.
    Yes, and? I don't know what those do either.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 10:53 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Yes, and? I don't know what those do either.
    This looks like a job for the Xbox 360 kid
    DO NOT SIGN IN TO PSN Xbawks2
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 1st 2010, 11:24 pm

The crisis is over.

Gamespot wrote:Around 6 p.m. Sony declared the PlayStation Network was fully operational and gamers could resume playing as normal. A spokesperson also revealed the exact problem which led to the nearly day-long outage.

Thank you Sony for not charging me for your own mistakes. Mods, lock up when you can.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content