Bliz
Erazor
The Freedom Fighter
12 posters

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas'

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' ZtZYh

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Empty Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas'

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 4th 2010, 12:17 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/03/02/google.kansas.topeka/
    Erazor
    Erazor

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Imagee10

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep22

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Empty Re: Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas'

Post by Erazor March 4th 2010, 3:47 pm

Wow. That's pathetic. I pray for their deaths. Every last one of them.
    Bliz
    Bliz

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep1

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Empty Re: Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas'

Post by Bliz March 4th 2010, 5:08 pm

I would you love to tell someone "I live in Google."
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' VOZLn

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 4th 2010, 5:34 pm

It's true! Google is taking over the world!
    sykog
    sykog

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 4th 2010, 7:01 pm

Wow, seriously? That's pathetic.
    Zez
    Zez

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 4th 2010, 7:45 pm

It's only for a month.

The Mayor of Topeka wrote:But Bunten laughed at the idea that he might make the name switch permanent if Google decides to invest in his 123,400-person city's Internet network.

"Oh, heavens no, Topeka?" he said during a phone interview. "We are very proud of our city and Topeka is an Indian word which means 'a good place to grow potatoes.' We're not going to change that."
    Erazor
    Erazor

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 4th 2010, 9:15 pm

Zezima wrote:It's only for a month.

The Mayor of Topeka wrote:But Bunten laughed at the idea that he might make the name switch permanent if Google decides to invest in his 123,400-person city's Internet network.

"Oh, heavens no, Topeka?" he said during a phone interview. "We are very proud of our city and Topeka is an Indian word which means 'a good place to grow potatoes.' We're not going to change that."
    No matter how long they plan on doing it, this is nothing to take lightly.
    codeorange

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' GOMM8

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange March 4th 2010, 9:41 pm

Is Big Brother on the prowl again? This idea is beyond pathetic IMO. It doesn't matter if it's only for one month. Who's to say Topeka won't rename itself Google permenantly in the future? When it comes to excessive amounts of advertising just to make money for companies, this is one idea that takes the cake.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 4th 2010, 11:06 pm

They DID call it ToPikachu one time. Laughing

It's just for giggles, I'm sure. The mayor seems ecstatic for Google, Kansas.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix March 5th 2010, 12:40 am

Erazor wrote:Wow. That's pathetic. I pray for their deaths. Every last one of them.

I ask that you don't wish death to anyone/anything on here. I would hope you'd know better, and especially for something so trivial?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' 56qtD

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z March 5th 2010, 1:02 am

First, ToPikachu, Kansas, and now Google, Kansas? What the hell?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 5th 2010, 3:28 pm

does this mean i can find "anything" in Google?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 5th 2010, 3:33 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:
    Erazor wrote:Wow. That's pathetic. I pray for their deaths. Every last one of them.

I ask that you don't wish death to anyone/anything on here. I would hope you'd know better, and especially for something so trivial?
    What's going to happen? Is the mayor of Retard, Kansas going to send me a nasty e-mail?
    Bliz
    Bliz

Rep1

Post by Bliz March 5th 2010, 4:01 pm

Erazor wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

What's going to happen? Is the mayor of Retard, Kansas going to send me a nasty e-mail?
    Stop being so melodramatic and hateful for no good reason.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' 56qtD

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z March 5th 2010, 4:12 pm

Erazor wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

No, but we don't need bitter overreactions towards people over pretentious things. If it turns out they keep the name, or become a paid slave of Google, it might be a bit more called for, but wishing death upon anyone who isn't doing absolutely immoral things seems a bit harsh.

Last edited by Super Racer Z on March 5th 2010, 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 5th 2010, 4:12 pm

FlyingCupcake wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

Treating a town willing to change it's name to that of a giant corporation (even for a short period of time) like the idiots they are isn't being melodramatic. And I've always been a hateful person.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' ZtZYh

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' White10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 5th 2010, 4:48 pm

That assumes that the people actually agreed to it. It seems more like they weren't in on the decision. Plus, if it works, and Google does take an interest in their town, and thus boosts them up, it may be worth it. Besides, they already changed it to ToPikachu. It's not like Google's worse, and at least this time it may have benefits.
    ProTagOnist wrote:does this mean i can find "anything" in Google?
    Laughing
    Bliz
    Bliz

Rep1

Post by Bliz March 5th 2010, 5:31 pm

Erazor wrote:
    FlyingCupcake wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

Treating a town willing to change it's name to that of a giant corporation (even for a short period of time) like the idiots they are isn't being melodramatic. And I've always been a hateful person.
    You want them all to die because of a town's name change? That is just past the bar, acting like a horrible person for a name change isn't excusable.
    sykog
    sykog

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Blackr10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalw11Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medalg10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Zigzag10Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 5th 2010, 9:48 pm

This topic is amusing
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix March 5th 2010, 10:59 pm

Erazor wrote:
    FlyingCupcake wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

I don't care. Drop it.
    Mario94
    Mario94

Topeka 'renames' itself 'Google, Kansas' 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 March 6th 2010, 5:45 pm

That is pathetic. What was the mayor on when he did this?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content