The ancient lands.

3 posters

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made...

BlasterForceXtreme
    BlasterForceXtreme

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep0

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Empty List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made...

Post by BlasterForceXtreme March 11th 2010, 5:10 pm

Starting with SA1 and SADX. The graphics, in my personal opinion, look better on SA1 than in SADX. SA1's just look so much cooler to me. In SADX, they're nice, but uglier. There are also differences in framerate in the versions, with SADX version going more at 60 Frames Per Second in the game. However, there is far more noticeable framerate drops because of this whereas in the DC version, the framerate is at a consistent 30 frames per second. Framerate is generally all the same to me when it's at least a solid 30 frames per second, which the DC version has, running smooth enough to be on par.

The DC version of Sonic Adventure 1 is also a more stable game. The glitches are funner to see and never really get in the way of the enjoyment. In SADX, some glitches could do the opposite more often, which is just questionable. And the DC controller is far more comfortable than the GC controller. Not only that, but the DC version controls smoother whereas the GC version controls stiffer.

So, yeah, other than a playable Metal Sonic, the DX version is not very noteworthy. Mission Mode is easily countered by the DC version's Internet Features and GameGear minigames simply don't count... because those are OTHER games. The DC version is better.

SA2 and SA2B, while being more like ports instead of remakes, are fairly different as well. The graphics in DC version are sharper, more colorful, and more detailed. The graphics in the GC version are notably not as colorful and not as detailed. Sure, the GC version is smoothened... but that actually adds to it dryness here. And furthermore, SA2 is a game that looked better the way it did on Dreamcast. And we get a playable Big The Cat in Multiplayer! ☮ Sure, Dark Chao Walker is cool, but Big The Cat is way cooler. Also, there are plenty of comical cameos by everybody's favorite fat cat, which is awesome. The other unlockable multiplayer characters play more like skins of their counterparts which play better than how they were in SA2B. Also, all multiplayer character mainly play the same anyway.

There are some more playable multiplayer stages in the GameCube version... but it's just multiplayer. It makes sense for multiplayer to have fewer stages, and the GameCube did not add all of the stages... and if you were going to add that much, then why not throw all of them in? And while the framerate runs at 60 frames per second at the multiplayer in the GameCube version, lower framerate in multiplayer modes added to the suspense of the DC version of SA2.

And with the various Internet, Visual Memory Unit, and a bunch of other Dreamcast exclusive features, the DC versions dominate. Also, why were they just ported to GCN? I mean, the XBOX is a closer console to the Dreamcast. I wouldn't have really minded a PS2 port as well.

So yeah, the DC versions are the best.

So yeah, the DC versions are the best. ☮

Last edited by BlasterForceXtreme on March 12th 2010, 10:12 am; edited 3 times in total
    Jmh
    Jmh

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Imagee10

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Medalw11List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... White10List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Medal13

Rep67

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Empty Re: List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made...

Post by Jmh March 11th 2010, 8:11 pm

And in the DC version of SA2 big the cat make a cameo!
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Imagee10

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... White10List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Medalg10List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Medal13List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Medalw11

Rep34

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Empty Re: List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made...

Post by Schnickelfritz March 11th 2010, 8:16 pm

SA2 obviously wins, because Big was in it. 'nuff said.
    BlasterForceXtreme
    BlasterForceXtreme

List of SA1/SADX/SA2/SA2B differences I made... Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by BlasterForceXtreme March 11th 2010, 8:20 pm

Yeah big was beast

more info added! ☮

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content