Superdoodleman
Jmh
BlasterForceXtreme
17 posters

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64

Poll

What better?

[ 11 ]
    Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_le1161%Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [61%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_le1133%Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [33%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_le116%Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_le110%Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [0%] 

Total Votes: 18
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Imagee10

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64

Post by sykog March 12th 2010, 9:09 pm

wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    BlasterForceXtreme wrote:Actually the controller was pretty badass.
    No, it was terrible. I don't have 3 hands.
    Which is why you don't ned to use the far left one but in a couple of games.
    It still is a stupid design though.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 VOZLn

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep12

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 12th 2010, 9:15 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    BlasterForceXtreme wrote:Actually the controller was pretty badass.

It was a bit odd of a design. But you have to admit, at least it wasn't as bad as the alien PS3 controller.
    sykog
    sykog

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 12th 2010, 9:17 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:

It was a bit odd of a design. But you have to admit, at least it wasn't as bad as the alien PS3 controller.
    Well, that's why they didn't use it. Nintendo did.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Blackr10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 White10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 12th 2010, 10:24 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:

Nothing tops the N64 controller in overall crappy design.
    Mighty
    Mighty

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep-2

Post by Mighty March 15th 2010, 3:02 am

Mario 64. No competition. It's a better designed game that is still just as solid today as it was in 1996. While the genre has progressed, it's essentially the core of most 3d platformers to follow it. 14 years later and it's still hard to find platformers that rival the game, and the only one I can honestly think of that may of surpassed it is Mario Galaxy.

Outside the Sonic fandom, Adventure 1 isn't held up nearly as much as an endearing title and, to be honest, it hasn't aged nearly as well as 64.

Btw, I don't know where all of this N64 controller hate is coming from. It's an relatively unique design in comparison to other controllers, but there's not really wrong with it. No n64 game I have ever played ever required you to use both the dpad and the analog, and I don't think I ever had a problem with the control of any n64 game (Except the original Mario Party, but that was more in part due to the game)
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 15th 2010, 4:38 pm

Mighty wrote:Mario 64. No competition. It's a better designed game that is still just as solid today as it was in 1996. While the genre has progressed, it's essentially the core of most 3d platformers to follow it. 14 years later and it's still hard to find platformers that rival the game, and the only one I can honestly think of that may of surpassed it is Mario Galaxy.

Outside the Sonic fandom, Adventure 1 isn't held up nearly as much as an endearing title and, to be honest, it hasn't aged nearly as well as 64.

Btw, I don't know where all of this N64 controller hate is coming from. It's an relatively unique design in comparison to other controllers, but there's not really wrong with it. No n64 game I have ever played ever required you to use both the dpad and the analog, and I don't think I ever had a problem with the control of any n64 game (Except the original Mario Party, but that was more in part due to the game)

I actually liked using it at my cousin's house. Sorta hard with my little hands at the time, though.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix March 17th 2010, 9:59 pm

BlasterForceXtreme wrote:Sonic Adventure 1 is better.
    Super Mario 64 is cool, but not as cool.

Agreed. Adventure also had the better level designs and pace as well.
    Superdoodleman

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 GOMM8

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman March 18th 2010, 9:10 am

SupaSEGA wrote:

How were the level designs better? They were boring. You could only go one way and that was to the exit. You could at least explore a bit in 64.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 White10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalg10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz March 18th 2010, 10:32 am

I can't decide. I think I like both equally, they both had their pros and cons....
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 18th 2010, 1:19 pm

wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

How were the level designs better? They were boring. You could only go one way and that was to the exit. You could at least explore a bit in 64.

I think they were both good for what they were made to do. Joe, that was the point of the stage. You were supposed to get to the end of the stage. In Mario 64, it was open for you to explore so you could fight the boss and do all these other quests. I found the other quests as chores, personally. I mean, in that ice mountain, you were supposed to find the right penguin baby for that penguin mother for that star that you could basically pop from the ice, but can't since the mother is there. In Emerald Coast, you were there to save Tails from the plane crash.
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy
    Sweet_Savannah_Charmy

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Kz2PK

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sweet_Savannah_Charmy March 24th 2010, 12:47 pm

Sonic Adventure, by far. And I found that game to be only slightly above average, Super Mario 64 was just terrible!
    LockerKnot
    LockerKnot

Rep0

Post by LockerKnot March 29th 2010, 2:31 pm

Erazor wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    wrote:

Nothing tops the N64 controller in overall crappy design.

Nah, from what I have played, the DUKE XBOX controller had the least good design. It may not look it, but trying to play with that is just hard and not very comfortable.
    Hako The Lion

Rep0

Post by Hako The Lion April 5th 2010, 5:11 am

I never could pick between the Blue Blurr and the Plumber love them both.
    Shade
    Shade

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 5th 2010, 7:00 am

Superdoodleman wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

Joe has a point; I think that Sonic Adventure 1 needed to have a slightly bigger environment, so that exploration of the environment would be possible.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 5th 2010, 9:34 am

Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Superdoodleman wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

Joe has a point; I think that Sonic Adventure 1 needed to have a slightly bigger environment, so that exploration of the environment would be possible.

The levels in each game were fantastic. While I enjoyed SA1 more, both games were great in their own way. Mario's levels were made to be a big open world for missions, while Sonic's levels were made to speed right through. All in all, they did great in what their respective goals were.
    Superdoodleman

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep0

Post by Superdoodleman April 5th 2010, 9:35 am

SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:
    Superdoodleman wrote:
    SupaSEGA wrote:

The levels in each game were fantastic. While I enjoyed SA1 more, both games were great in their own way. Mario's levels were made to be a big open world for missions, while Sonic's levels were made to speed right through. All in all, they did great in what their respective goals were.
    Which is why I could speed through a sonic game in 6 hours and then never want to play it again.
    Shade
    Shade

Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medalw11Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure 1 vs. Super Mario 64 - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade April 5th 2010, 9:58 am

You have a point; the levels were quite good. It's just that they needed a larger environment.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz April 15th 2010, 9:06 pm

I choose Super Mario 64. It's more challening, and an easier game to get sucked into. Plus it has a longer gameplay length.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade April 16th 2010, 1:49 am

T@ilz wrote:I choose Super Mario 64. It's more challening, and an easier game to get sucked into. Plus it has a longer gameplay length.

Those are quite good reasons to choose a game.
    supersonicspeed2010
    supersonicspeed2010

Rep0

Post by supersonicspeed2010 April 20th 2010, 8:14 pm

Sonic all the way =P. never been a fan of mario.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content