Batman 3

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Batman 3 VOZLn

Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Medalg10Batman 3 Zigzag10Batman 3 Medal13

Rep2

Batman 3 Empty Batman 3

Post by Gamma The Great March 18th 2010, 1:00 pm

David Goyer is now writing the next Batman installment with Chris Nolan's brother Jonah. No plot details, villains or cast have been announced. However, Riddler is obviously teased.

sykog
    sykog

Batman 3 Imagee10

Batman 3 Blackr10Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Medalg10Batman 3 Zigzag10Batman 3 Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Batman 3 Empty Re: Batman 3

Post by sykog March 18th 2010, 6:22 pm

I knew they would make another one.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Batman 3 Imagee10

Batman 3 Blackr10Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Medalg10Batman 3 White10Batman 3 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 18th 2010, 11:07 pm

Riddler is just the fallback when they have no Joker, which makes sense since he's just a lame Joker wannabe. Why not Clayface or Mr. Freeze? Anyone but the Riddler.
    Shade
    Shade

Batman 3 VOZLn

Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Zigzag10Batman 3 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 19th 2010, 4:27 pm

You mean to say that Batman 3 will shortly be released?

This is good news indeed; I particularly enjoyed the Dark Knight.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Batman 3 VOZLn

Batman 3 Blackr10Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Medalg10Batman 3 White10Batman 3 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 19th 2010, 9:54 pm

Erazor wrote:Riddler is just the fallback when they have no Joker, which makes sense since he's just a lame Joker wannabe. Why not Clayface or Mr. Freeze? Anyone but the Riddler.
    You'd be surprised, they've made some really good stories with the Riddler, better than what they usually do with Clayface and Freeze in my opinion.

Depending on the writer, he can be an otherwise sane criminal mastermind who's intelligence surpasses Batman himself but, due to the trauma of his strict upbringing, is mentally incapable of committing any guilty act without giving his pursuer at least a chance at deducing his plans, and who's clues really do take a Sherlock-esque detective genius like Batman to solve.

Or this guy, it depends...
    Phantom
    Phantom

Batman 3 VOZLn

Batman 3 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom March 20th 2010, 12:36 am

"The Dark Knight" set the standard astronomically high, so there's no way to tell what can come next. There's still a slew of villains to go through, but for a lot of them like the Riddler, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Bane, or whoever else is left, how would they look and act in Nolan's Gotham?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 1:23 pm

Phantom wrote:"The Dark Knight" set the standard astronomically high, so there's no way to tell what can come next. There's still a slew of villains to go through, but for a lot of them like the Riddler, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Bane, or whoever else is left, how would they look and act in Nolan's Gotham?
    As I said, the Riddler could work, but for the rest, he's trying to avoid using superpowers in his universe.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Batman 3 VOZLn

Batman 3 Medalw11Batman 3 Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 21st 2010, 1:36 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome if they put in more than one villain per movie? I mean, first it was Ra's al Ghul, and then the Joker, so why not a group of villains like Riddler, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 1:48 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if they put in more than one villain per movie? I mean, first it was Ra's al Ghul, and then the Joker, so why not a group of villains like Riddler, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze?
    Because it's not a cartoon.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 21st 2010, 3:30 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Wouldn't it be awesome if they put in more than one villain per movie? I mean, first it was Ra's al Ghul, and then the Joker, so why not a group of villains like Riddler, Penguin, and Mr. Freeze?
    Because it's not a cartoon.

Eh, I'm still on that idea. It could be like a group of villains who've gone and lost against Batman before who try to take revenge as a group. And it was my mistake. The first movie had 2 villains: Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. Same goes for the second: Joker and Two- Face.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz March 21st 2010, 4:36 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Eh, I'm still on that idea. It could be like a group of villains who've gone and lost against Batman before who try to take revenge as a group. And it was my mistake. The first movie had 2 villains: Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. Same goes for the second: Joker and Two- Face.
    It's not the number, it's who they are. Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Joker,Two-Face, and Riddler are at least somewhat believable, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Penguin are just too unrealistic for Nolan's movies.
    Shade
    Shade

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade March 21st 2010, 4:49 pm

That seems like a good idea. However, there is the possibility that the focus would detract from the main villain, if several major villains were introduced. A better layout would be to have one main villain, and for the main villain to have several cohorts, so that the focus is still centred on the main villain.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 21st 2010, 5:21 pm

Aediliel Mithraisyr wrote:

That seems like a good idea. However, there is the possibility that the focus would detract from the main villain, if several major villains were introduced. A better layout would be to have one main villain, and for the main villain to have several cohorts, so that the focus is still centred on the main villain.

There's been 2 villians per movie.

Roterblitz wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Eh, I'm still on that idea. It could be like a group of villains who've gone and lost against Batman before who try to take revenge as a group. And it was my mistake. The first movie had 2 villains: Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul. Same goes for the second: Joker and Two- Face.
    It's not the number, it's who they are. Scarecrow, Ra's al Ghul, Joker,Two-Face, and Riddler are at least somewhat believable, Mr. Freeze, Bane, Clayface, Poison Ivy, and Penguin are just too unrealistic for Nolan's movies.

Bane, Poison Ivy, and Clayface are too unrealistic, I agree. However, I find Mr. Freeze and Penguin realistic enough.
    Shade
    Shade

Batman 3 VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade March 21st 2010, 5:25 pm

There's been 2 villians per movie.

Ah, I understand now. Thank you.

Sponsored content