The ancient lands.

3 posters

Reflections (Fan Fiction)

supersonic703
    supersonic703

Reflections (Fan Fiction) WFmvl

Rep0

Reflections (Fan Fiction) Empty Reflections (Fan Fiction)

Post by supersonic703 February 26th 2009, 3:12 am

A work-in-progress-still story that I've been writing back on the SEGA boards, yet lost track of time since both Architecture and Animation projects take up most of my time. Anyway, I'll start off slowly (a chapter a day for all the chapters I have finished so far) then continue on from there.
    Prologue – A New Plan

Our past is what we cherish most about our life. So many things within the past help make us who we are today. Our past consists of very important things; things most dear to our hearts. Things such as our first steps, our first words, first day of schooling, achievements, rewards, first job, and, most importantly, our first kiss. These, as well as many other facets, mold us into the person we are of today. And it helps decide what our future is destined to be.

However, the question arises. Can the past of a person possibly be taken away from them? Would someone so devilish just so happen to find a way to the past and stop your very existence, let alone the rest of humankind? The idea sounds very foolish. We have yet to find out the very essence of time travel. Nevertheless, with brilliant minds come brilliant possibilities. And sometimes, brilliant minds can just so happen to be within the head of a madman.

This brings us to a lone old hedgehog, isolating himself in his royal throne chamber, sitting on his golden yellow throne. His was slouched while he sat there, his fingertips against each other. His eyes kept staring towards them, seeming to be contemplating a mere sinister plot like he was usually doing. His thoughts began to rush in his mind. “Why does Melodie...an Aeon...allow herself to get attached to a mere pathetic mortal instead of myself?!” he pondered furiously. “I...am a demi-god! A man much more powerful than that mortal fool! This just doesn't add up!!”
    He began to squint a bit. “No matter what my advances are, she just won't get the message! Her and that brat always come and, somehow, defeat me at my game!! There's got to be a way to stop them!”
    He slowly closed his eyes. He began to reflect on his past memories when Mel was a little child, always coming to see him when her father came to visit. Everytime, Mel would have a platter of cookies in her hands to give to him. She was very beautiful to Wyvern, and one day, when she became old enough, he planned on marrying her to have his rightful place as the Lord of the Aeons.
    However, that seemed to be hopeless now. She wouldn't want to see even his shadow coming close to her. “I knew you were trouble, Mel...For one, I should've destroyed you once you rejected me the first time!”
    Then, his eyes opened wide and he sat up straight. “Wait a minute. That's it! I'll do just that! I'll head to the past and destroy her when I get the chance. Surely, I would find another Aeon who would come in her place to be my wife...”
    He placed his hand on his chin. “But wait....then there's that Murdoch boy...her lover...He'll probably find out and try to stop that from happening to her...So I better take care of him first!”
    He got up from his throne and held his fist up in the air. “This time, I'll prevail! I'll show you what happens when you mess with a demi-god!! Ahahahaha!!” he gloated, laughing maniacally as he turned and walked down the stairway corridor leading to his main lab.
    Though, unbeknownst to him, a small figure was spying on him. “This can't be good...I better warn them both before it's too late...” it said, then immediately left the lair.

End of Prologue.
    Zez
    Zez

Reflections (Fan Fiction) VOZLn

Reflections (Fan Fiction) Blackr10Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medalw11Reflections (Fan Fiction) Zigzag10Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

Reflections (Fan Fiction) Empty Re: Reflections (Fan Fiction)

Post by Zez February 26th 2009, 3:21 am

I like the element of the spy right at the very end, though the plot is overall a dark shade, at the end you change pace just enough to change it from a horror story to an adventure story. Very good work on how you placed the story elements, and pretty natural dialogue. I liked the introduction also, really reeled me in. Nice job, so far. I'm working on a fan fic my self. :Wink Wink:
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medalw11Reflections (Fan Fiction) White10Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 February 26th 2009, 10:44 am

I love this story. I'm glad you've decided to revive it.
    supersonic703
    supersonic703

Rep0

Post by supersonic703 February 26th 2009, 7:10 pm

Thanks for the input you guys. ^^

Chapter 1 – Lazy Days

“In other news, local resident Murdoch the Hedgehog has yet again saved the day, this time driving out the last of the Dark Abyss from the Central City metroplex. Witnesses say it was only a matter of time before the creatures stormed in on City Hall, yet Murdoch stepped in and drove them back, back into the pits of darkness. When our crew arrived on the scene, he left, just before we were about to get an interview of him. That is yet to be our goal sometime in the near future, to finally get a chance to talk to our city's savior. Only time will tell when it'll happen. On a side note, Son-” the announcer was cut off with the click of the off button for the TV.
    A young Aeon woman held a recently-washed plate, drying it with a blue-and-white checkered handtowel, sighing a bit as she looked towards the turned-off television. She shook her head very gently, her light yellow bangs dance in front her glistening, sky blue eyes, letting a small, cute smile grace her face pleasantly. “Oh, Murdoch...At it again like always...” she mused playfully.
    She continued to focus onto her task, just about done drying the plates. Her mind reflected on the news story. Murdoch seemed so busy in his life, saving Central City day after day, all on his own. No one to help him on his side. While he fought the hordes of darkness, Anna would fight the pressures of parenthood, Sticks battles near-to-impossible scientific achievements, and Melodie would combat the legion of dirt and dust. It just didn't seem right. She wanted to help Murdoch so badly, yet she was always met with the same words, “I don't want you to get hurt, I'll take care of it.”
    Time and time again, even though Murdoch would say it differently, the meaning still lingers. However, she knew it to be best. After all, she was taught under Murdoch in the arts of the Aeon, even though he had no knowledge of them to begin with. Still, she managed to become what many other Aeons thought was impossible, and for that she was grateful to him and trusted him completely in what he knew was right.
    “But what good is it to become the True Aeon,” she thought, “if I can't actually use it for the better good like Murdoch? I mean, that was what I was focused on the entire time, to become stronger for the time to protect this planet for good. Yet, Murdoch hinders me from doing so...I trust him to do this, but does he not trust me entirely yet on my strength?”
    She let out a sigh as she placed the last dried plate back in the cupboard hanging from the kitchen ceiling. She couldn't really complain much, however. She lives with friends in a spacious...spaceship called the Zephyr, created by Sticks himself. It was his most proudest invention stealing two years of his time away to complete. This was her home, a home where much of her past was created; where her life seemed to continue forever, and it couldn't of been possible without the aid of her friends, especially Murdoch. It felt great to know for her that he was going to stay with them, once his sister Anna and Sticks tied the knot years before. She was getting closer and closer to him ever since then, and feels that the bond between them will continue to something even greater.

Walking into the living room, she glanced at a small, bounded notebook resting on the middle couch cushion. The cover was black, with a touch of pigskin, with the words “Journal” embroidered in gold, positioned near the top. She smiled and sat herself on the couch, picking up the book and turning to an empty page. Many of the pages were filled. About a quarter towards the end of the book, she came down halfway on a page to notice where the final entry stopped. Reaching for her pencil in the clip attached to the inside cover, she wrote down the date for the present day then beginning her entry into the flimsy pages of her history. She always enjoyed writing in her journal; before, it was her only place of solitude. It was a gateway into serenity, a road to peace, a friend she could always talk to whenever the need arises. Minutes would turn to hours, yet she would keep on jotting down her memories when the time called for it. Her sense of reality, what makes the world tick, would be set aside for once so her reflections would take vision in her mind, then onto paper, transformed into letters, words, sentences, and paragraphs. “Is it any wonder that Murdoch would show up on the news again today? It doesn't surprise me much anymore. He's just doing his job. I just can't wait until there will be that time when he'll settle down and start a life...with me! I just know it'll happen, I just know it! He's waiting to ask that question, and I'm just waiting to give him that answer. ^-^” she wrote, adding little doddles of them together.
    One was of them giving a good punch into the face of Ocumaru, King of the Shadow Dragons and Murdoch's sworn enemy. Another had her and Murdoch holding hands, sitting on a stick drawing of a bench, while another picture showed them kissing affectionately, her face scribbled over with pencil to depict how much she would blush. She giggled like a childish girl as she meditated on it, then continued on her entry, until she concluded it with, “So as long as I have the past to reflect on, I'll be happy. Those were the best years of my life. Well, gotta go! Talk to ya, tomorrow!”

Placing a bookmark where she left off, she closed the book, then glanced over at the hanging wall clock, realizing she's been writing for about a half-hour. “Wow, thirty minutes? New record for 'shortest time to write in my diary',” she giggled, setting her journal on the end table and lounging on the couch. Today seemed really lazy for some reason. Anna and Sticks took their kids out on a vacation and Murdoch must've been still out and about in town, maybe saving more lives like always. She got up and walked upstairs. There was nothing she could do around the ship. Everything was clean and orderly. Even the arrangement of photos and paintings that graced the wall along the staircase were dusted throughly. Everyone's rooms were spotless and neat. “Man, where's Kinopei when you needed her...” she thought.
    Kinopei was sort of like their robotic maid, and before she helped Mel out a lot with chores around the ship. However, once Sticks deactivated her before he left, Mel took on all the chores as a one-woman-army. It was tough, but she managed to finish the job, and with about a few weeks until he, Anna, and the kids return from vacation, she would have to continue that job.
    She entered her room, closing the door behind her, and plopped onto her soft bed. Her room was decorated with minute visual aids, like some posters and pictures the little kids would draw of her. She adored them with a passion, wishing that if she were to have a family, she would wish to have kids like them. Looking at the wall opposite of her door hung her trusted staff, the Aminion Relic, a fine symbol and reminder of what she achieved over her years under Murdoch, nearby the double pane windows that were partially covered by near-transparent white lace curtains. Her desk was cluttered with various books and ideas of different spells she practiced at, some still needing improvements. Amidst through the mess lay her favorite amulet given to her by her long-lost love, Salo. A twelve-karat-gold chain that held a double heart pendant with her picture inside. She loved that amulet; it was the only piece of him she has left. At times, especially when she would go out for dinner on her own, she would wear the amulet around her neck, leaving her the impression that Salo was with her always, every time she wore that piece of jewelry. Her dresser was neatly kept, with a large vanity mirror looming over it that reflected her laying on her bed. Both were made entirely of pine and painted a holy white. In fact, her entire room was adorned in either shade of white; it was one of her favorite colors. The one thing that was left untouched by her cleaning power was her bed, yet she always thought that an unmade bed always made a better invitation to sleep than one neatly made. Her bed was a queen-size, with two maplewood end tables, with a small pullstring bed lamp on the surface, on both sides. There was no footboard, but her headboard had an elegant feel within the curves of gold metal that made such a luxurious feel within the whole room. Her comforter was tossed to the right side, thin flannel sheets exposed on the left with small wrinkles and creases to indicate where she lay that night. She inched closer into her bed, letting her head rest onto her feather pillows, covered with white pillowcases with lace shams. She kept four of them decorated on her bed, which were now scattered about either on her bed or on the floor around her. At times she moves around in her sleep, making her comforter drape off her bed along with her unused pillows. She didn't care much; it made her know she was having a great night sleep.
    With her sleepy head snuggled deeply into one pillow, and another held in the loving embrace of her arms, her eyes stopped halfway down. She reached over towards the comforter and draped it over her, returned her hand into her embraced pillow. Once that was done, her eyelids restarted their trek down until those tired eyes of hers were hidden away, taking a short nap to replenish a little energy before making dinner, while the afternoon sun, starting to begin its descent, began shoving rays of light through the window, leaving the room a somewhat quiet and peaceful retreat one could only dream.

End of Chapter One
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medalw11Reflections (Fan Fiction) White10Reflections (Fan Fiction) Medal13

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 February 27th 2009, 4:33 pm

Continue please.
    supersonic703
    supersonic703

Rep0

Post by supersonic703 March 19th 2009, 8:05 pm

Chapter 2 – Mundane Pleasures

An alarm rings out of a federal bank. Glass double-doors shatter while a group of masked foxes and hawks rush out, quickly navigating down the steps and heading towards the rendezvous point, a parking garage two city blocks to the west. “Guys, you got all the money in the safe?” a hooded echidna announced to them, waiting nearby a large cargo van. It seemed obvious he was the ringleader, dressed in a flashy suit, a tilted top hat graced his head, and a cigar in his mouth, puffs of smoke indicating it was already lit.
    “Sure did, boss. Everything's all accounted for. We were long gone before the coppers showed up!” a fox bandit replied, tossing the duffel bags of money into the cargo space.
    “Good...good...Now let's get out of here,” the echidna ordered, walking towards the cabin area, sitting in the driver's seat and starting up the truck. Yet, something was a miss. The engine never fired. “C'mon you lousy piece of junk! Start up already!!”
    Another turn of the ignition and still the same response. He looked towards one of his hawk bandits. “Mike, go take a look, will ya?”
    “Right sir,” he nodded and stepped out, coming up towards the front of the truck, and eyed it suspiciously, then slowly crouched down. “Boss! You better come look at this!” he motioned.
    “Aye, aye, aye...What is it now?!”
    He, too, stepped out of the vehicle, then the rest of his crew, to investigate. What they saw startled them. The grille of the van was torn into, a few sparks flaring here and there inside. Mike opened the hood and noticed the engine was gone! “What the hell! Someone's gonna pay big for messin' with us!”
    “How much would you like from me?” a voice called from behind the van, a ways off in the distance, about a few yards. They looked at him and finally identified who they were dealing with. “Boss, it's that hero guy, Murdoch the Hedgehog!”

There he stood, Murdoch the Hedgehog, Central City's savior, his fists clenched as his arms hung from his shoulders. He stepped towards the right, thus revealing the missing engine behind him, damaged and reduced to a rather nifty paperweight. “I guess you're looking for this, aren't ya?” he mocked.
    The echidna walked out from the front side of the van and eyed him evilly. “You're very foolish to try and stop us here, boy! No one stops me and my men from getting what we want. For trying to stop our getaway, you've earned yourself a nice trip to oblivion.”
    As soon as he completed his sentence, his bandit men drew out photon assault rifles, ready and aimed towards Murdoch, yet he stayed cool. His piercing yellow eyes scanned around him the immediate threat, then focused back onto the ringleader. “How well do you trust these guys in actually killing me?” he asked, folding his arms.
    “I bet my life that you'll be nothing more than a lump of dust once my men finish you off!”
    Gunfire immediately ensued, sending photon bullets at deadly speeds at Murdoch. There was an large cloud of smoke where he stood that seemed to grow ever more darker and thicker. Minutes later, the onslaught stopped, the leader raising his hand up to halt his bandits. The dust cloud still existed, leaving a smug smirk on the echidna's face.
    However, once the cloud cleared, Murdoch still stood, without a scratch or abrasion to be seen. “Now, if you're quite done...It's my turn...” he called out, charging with blinding speed towards them. A hail of bullets started again, but they always missed their target. A fox bandit attempted to use the butt of his rifle as a means to stagger the hero, however missing to his left and open enough for Murdoch to knee in the stomach and thrust his forearm onto the back of his neck, dropping him to the ground. Pushing him aside, another fox threw his weapon at him to make him lose balance, yet that failed, too. Murdoch grabbed his neck and threw a punishing jab to his face, sending about a tooth or two flying out. Hawks charged in, unsheathing samurai swords and rushing to battle. Their nature made them very quick and very deadly. Murdoch anticipated something along the lines of such tactics, issuing out through the holes of his blue knuckle-gloves purple, claw-like photon blades. The hawks swiped down their blades with great power, however his blades halted progress. They continued applying force down on his photon blades, Murdoch dropping to one knee and trying his best to get some ground on them. He noticed then that his fists were in a position where he could open his palms and send a little rumble blast to disorient them. With a grin he did just so, the hawk swordsman struggling to find their footing. Murdoch prepped himself, lunging up and grabbed both their heads. He knocked them out quickly by colliding both heads into each other with great force. “That'll be one headache to forget, that's for sure...” Murdoch joked, then coming up against the echidna.
    Suddenly, the doors leading into the cargo space flung open, revealing a large photon Gatling gun with Mike the Hawk at the helm. “And this'll be one mistake you'll regret!”
    Pressing the trigger, the barrel began slowly turning. Once it was starting to gain optimal speed, photon bullets began showering heavily onto Murdoch, who quickly encased himself into his own fire shield. It was sturdy enough to hold off the firefight, alright, but he knew it wasn't going to be enough to withstand entirely. He was a sitting duck if this keeps up. With some time running out for him, he thought up a quick plan. It meant him getting a little bit dirty, but what job didn't require that? For what seemed like time seemed to slow to a crawl, the shield dissipated, photon bullets finally come through, however Murdoch lunged up towards Mike, hands behind him preparing to ready some sort of blast. The gun was raised up to try and meet the bullets into the abode of Murdoch's body. Some made an impact onto his lower left knee and foot, but Murdoch, with a fire bomb set to go, flung his conjured weapon at him, sending the van into a smoking wreck, hundred dollar bills fluttering in the still air with tail ends on fire. Mike lay in the cargo space, still and lifeless. Then, he focus shifted to where the echidna was, only to find that during the debacle, he fled. Echoing down a floor where hustling footsteps. He walked over and looked down the ramp. Sure enough, there he was, running as fast as he could out from the garage. He looked up and outside, in the direction the ringleader was going. Without giving a second thought, he ran towards the half-wall and jumped out, sending himself feet first towards the ground level. Police sirens were blaring out in the city streets as the fugitive kept in flight, only to be met with the crushing weight that was Murdoch from above, leaving a little impression onto the public sidewalk. Bystanders quickly stepped away from the scene while cruisers stormed in on all sides, jumping out of their vehicles and rushing in to apprehend the suspect. He was knocked out cold from the collision so the arrest was pretty quick. Few officers rushed into the parking garage to get the others.
    Moments later, Murdoch sat on the edge of the sidewalk, looking over his wounds on his left leg. “Man, Mel might have a fit when I get back. She might have that whole place spotless and I'll be coming in and have some blood of mine accidentally dripping on the carpet...Man is she going to flip...” he thought.
    Looking up, he began walking off slowly, then once he was far away from the group, quickened his pace to head for home. “Let's just hope this blood dries up quickly before I get there!” he said to himself.

A hour passed and he finally got back to the Zephyr, noticing his wound hadn't completely dried up yet. “That's no good...”
    He opened the front door. “Hello? Mel, are you here? Awake?” he called out.
    There was no answer. “Oh well, she might be asleep. That's good. Better head for the downstairs shower and get cleaned up!” he thought, holding his wound and then hopping, on one foot, towards the nearest bathroom that had a bathtub.

End of Chapter 2
    Shadow122
    Shadow122

Rep1

Post by Shadow122 March 21st 2009, 6:20 am

WOOTAGE must have more 0.o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content