Plix
13 posters

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010

Plix
    Plix

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Empty Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010

Post by Plix June 10th 2010, 7:53 pm

http://www.sega.com/news/?n=4317

http://www.sega.com/games/sonic-adventure/
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep26

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Empty Re: Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010

Post by Auflodern June 10th 2010, 7:55 pm

guess who would buy that?

The idiots who purchased SA and SA2 for Dreamcast and SADX and SA2:Battle for Gamecube as well
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 56qtD

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep16

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Empty Re: Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010

Post by Super Racer Z June 10th 2010, 10:30 pm

Considering the games will have leaderboards, updated visuals(Hopefully better than the "updated visuals" on the Gamecube), and surround sound, plus a price of 20$ or less most likely, I disagree.

At the same time though, I gave my gamecube away as a birthday present since I got a Wii which could play them. Of course, you have to use the wiimote to navigate to the game, after you put the lightbar sensor into place, just so you can switch to the Gamecube controller again. That, and my Gamecube controllers are worn the hell out. My Dreamcast and the games I have for it still work, but the controllers for that are a bit worn (although they're in better condition than the newer Gamecube controllers, sadly enough) and the game discs for a few of my games are a bit damaged (Since I wasn't very good with CDs when I was that young. Hell, I accidentally killed a cartridge or 2 when I was even younger).
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Imagee10

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalg10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 10th 2010, 10:52 pm

Why does Crapii always get the short end of the stick?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 10th 2010, 11:02 pm

Schnicky Hushimo wrote:Why does Crapii always get the short end of the stick?

I don't know, but I am sorry that Nintendo never thought to implement a hard drive, online on par with the others, and graphics on par with the others. I mean, they could have at least made it capable of playing music and movies...
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Blackr10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalg10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 11th 2010, 1:32 am

The Facist Fighter wrote:guess who would buy that?

The idiots who purchased SA and SA2 for Dreamcast and SADX and SA2:Battle for Gamecube as well
    I don't really hook up my old systems that much anymore, having it on Arcade would be much more convenient.
    Most companies would rather make games for current generation systems.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 11th 2010, 2:26 pm

It's too bad it's not the Dreamcast version.... -_-
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom June 11th 2010, 2:28 pm

I still have a perfectly capable (er, well...kinda) Dreamcast. Unless there's something really special in this new SA (maybe a few new levels or challenges), then I might pass.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 12th 2010, 3:28 am

The Justice Striker wrote:It's too bad it's not the Dreamcast version.... -_-

LONDON & SAN FRANCISCO (June 10, 2010) – SEGA®️ Europe Ltd. and SEGA®️ of America, Inc. today announced plans to bring classic titles from its popular Dreamcast™️ console to Xbox LIVE Arcade for the Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PlayStation®️Network later this year. Sonic Adventure™️ and Crazy Taxi™️ will be the first two classics made available, with Sonic leading the pack in Fall 2010 for the 11th anniversary of the launch of the Dreamcast in the United States.

Sounds like it's the Dreamcast version being updated to me. Even then, why would you want the Dreamcast version? I want the XBLA version, not the old versions. If there's nothing at all new, there won't be much reason to get it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 ZtZYh

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Blackr10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 12th 2010, 8:23 am

Super Racer Z wrote:

I don't know, but I am sorry that Nintendo never thought to implement a hard drive, online on par with the others, and graphics on par with the others. I mean, they could have at least made it capable of playing music and movies...
    Not that they really need it. The Wii has high sales, the best games by Nintendo have high sales, and the best games look great, play great, and are tons of fun. Sure maybe it could play music and movies, but why? When I get a console, I just want to play games. I already have a DVD player and MP3 player and Youtube. Why should I pay extra for stuff that I don't need, especially if it'll probably just lower the console's lifespan watching movies and such on it?
    But that's another story.
    Yeah, I wouldn't get this even if I got. SADX is the best. coolguy
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 12th 2010, 10:21 am

There's not much point in getting Sonic Adventure if you have DX or the original, but if they're bringing out Jet Grind Radio for people who never got it, that's another story.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 12th 2010, 12:39 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:

Not that they really need it. The Wii has high sales, the best games by Nintendo have high sales, and the best games look great, play great, and are tons of fun. Sure maybe it could play music and movies, but why? When I get a console, I just want to play games. I already have a DVD player and MP3 player and Youtube. Why should I pay extra for stuff that I don't need, especially if it'll probably just lower the console's lifespan watching movies and such on it?

Extra cost my a. The Wii in it's current state is perfectly capable of reading DVD movies and music CDs hardware wise. The only thing that would have been needed would have been programming the software required for it during development.

That, and lifespan would be the same regardless of the option being available. You'd just be using the lifespan towards a different form of media, or not use it and leave the feature for those who don't have a DVD player.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 12th 2010, 3:02 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:why would you want the Dreamcast version?
    Because it looks like the best version and I don't have a Dreamcast.
    Caper the Fox
    Caper the Fox

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Caper the Fox June 13th 2010, 10:30 am

FINALLY the rumor was true now looking forward to getting this version
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Blackr10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Zigzag10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 13th 2010, 12:26 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:

Extra cost my a. The Wii in it's current state is perfectly capable of reading DVD movies and music CDs hardware wise. The only thing that would have been needed would have been programming the software required for it during development.

That, and lifespan would be the same regardless of the option being available. You'd just be using the lifespan towards a different form of media, or not use it and leave the feature for those who don't have a DVD player.
    Well of course. But that would still cost extra. That would still be a cost for Nintendo, and thus they would increase the price. So yes, extra cost.
    Yes, but you're lowering the lifespan, and thus have less time to play games on it.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Blackr10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalw11Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medalg10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 White10Sonic Adventure officially announced for XBLA/PSN, fall 2010 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor June 13th 2010, 8:33 pm

If it's cheap, maybe I'll consider getting it. Anything above 1000 MS points is a scam.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 14th 2010, 4:16 am

Super Racer Z wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:

Well of course. But that would still cost extra. That would still be a cost for Nintendo, and thus they would increase the price. So yes, extra cost.
    Yes, but you're lowering the lifespan, and thus have less time to play games on it.

But the Wii's hardware cost compared to the final retail price is already a huge ripoff. If they would have done the necessary programming, it would have been slightly less of a ripoff, and I cannot emphasize slightly enough.

And as I said, it would not lower the lifespan one bit if you chose to use it as you do now. It'd just give others the option.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 14th 2010, 9:22 am

Super Racer Z wrote:But the Wii's hardware cost compared to the final retail price is already a huge ripoff. If they would have done the necessary programming, it would have been slightly less of a ripoff, and I cannot emphasize slightly enough.

And as I said, it would not lower the lifespan one bit if you chose to use it as you do now. It'd just give others the option.
    I'm not saying it's not. I'm saying it's just going to go up in price.
    I know, that's why I said you.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 14th 2010, 10:32 am

You know, the Wii actually is fully capable of playing DVD's, they just don't allow it. If you hack your Wii, even without adding any additional hardware, it can play non-HD movies just fine.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 14th 2010, 2:44 pm

Roterblitz wrote:You know, the Wii actually is fully capable of playing DVD's, they just don't allow it. If you hack your Wii, even without adding any additional hardware, it can play non-HD movies just fine.
    I wouldn't be surprised. But this is a company. And companies love to make money. So yeah.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 15th 2010, 12:26 am

Roterblitz wrote:You know, the Wii actually is fully capable of playing DVD's, they just don't allow it. If you hack your Wii, even without adding any additional hardware, it can play non-HD movies just fine.
    I wouldn't be surprised. But this is a company. And companies love to make money. So yeah.

That's what I'm saying. How would this lower the ability for them to make money in any way?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 15th 2010, 8:51 am

Super Racer Z wrote:

That's what I'm saying. How would this lower the ability for them to make money in any way?
    It wouldn't. But it's still a cost to do that so it can play movies. So if they didn't raise the price, they'd make less money.
    merzitar
    merzitar

Rep0

Post by merzitar June 15th 2010, 11:39 am

I'm buying this FOR SURE! I hope it sells well so that they will consider remaking Sonic Adventure 2 BATTLE.
    legionfan44
    legionfan44

Rep0

Post by legionfan44 June 29th 2010, 10:33 pm

Adventure is my Alltime favorite Sonic Game (for Consel's anyway) I can't wait to download it to my PS3!

ahh between this, sonic 4 & Colors...this may be the best year for sonic in quite some time!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content