The ancient lands.

+2
Shade
codeorange
6 posters

Codeorange Update

codeorange

Codeorange Update GOMM8

Codeorange Update Medalg10Codeorange Update White10Codeorange Update Medal13

: Male
     Rep6

Codeorange Update Empty Codeorange Update

Post by codeorange August 21st 2010, 11:12 pm

I apologize in advance if this isn't the right spot for me to post this, but I just wanted to let you guys know what I've been up to as of late. Number one, no, I'm not dead. Otherwise, I wouldn't even be typing this right now. lol Okay, more seriously, number two, my free time has decreased dramatically since the last time you've seen me be an active member on these forums or on any other forums for that matter, and why is this? Well, it's because of the fact that I finally got the job that I have been looking for a long time. I got a job working at a well-known store. (I won't disclose the name here. You'll have to PM me if you want to know the store.) For these past couple weeks, I've been getting used to having to be part of the morning stock crew and doing other things that involve heavy lifting, which was something that I really wanted all this time. I've had to adjust to getting up very, very early in the morning to get to work (How does 4 AM sound?) and be alert during the few hours that I've been in the store. For obvious reasons, I cannot disclose too much of what goes on in this store because that would be a no-no when it comes to an agreement I made with this company, so yeah. Needless to say, I feel very content and confident about this whole thing. I'm making progress with my life in this area and I'm happy about that.

Also, I've been away from many of my once normal internet activities because of the fact that I'm pursuing different things. I have some interests that I want to tackle, and since I am in my 20's in age, there really isn't a better time for me to get going with my pursuit. I hope that's understandable with you guys because pursuing your interests can pretty much be time consuming and all that jazz. For one thing, I have been working on writing scripts that are aimed towards hopefully getting made into storylines for video games, although if my stuff is accepted for any other media, then I would gladly allow it. I'm not gonna lie when I tell you guys this, but I have like a few stacks of material already written down for my scriptwritten stories, such as character bios, game proposal documents and the scripts themselves. The stuff piles up after a while. I'm hoping to find a way to submit my work to some company but I'm having trouble there. If any of you guys know how I can submit my scripts, by way of internet or just the old fahsioned way, then please let me know because I want to start submitting things.

Plus, I believe I briefly talked about this with Zezima one time in the old chatbox, but I have also developed a legitimate interest in trying to train to become a professional wrestler one day. Yeah, say what you will about the pro wrestling business in general, that it's fake and uninteresting, but to me, I find venturing into the pro wrestling business an interesting journey and challenge, and I would love to take this route. I have been a wrestling fan off and on ever since probably 1999 so I pretty much know what the general feeling of pro wrestling is. To me, I consider pro wrestling to be scripted as in the outcomes of the matches are pre-deteremined, but the moves that are performed and the risks that the wrestlers take are real and painful. Most of the injuries they get during shows are real, unless planned beforehand to be a part of a storyline, so I know that in that sense, it won't be a walk in the park to just break into the business at the snap of a finger. I know it'll be hard but I would like to try. Physically, I believe I have to be in probably the best shape that I've ever been in my life so far. I'm ripped for a guy who's 5'8" and I exercise pretty frequently, and definitely enough that could get me ripped. If I do happen to train for pro wrestling and I end up doing a good job initially, then I don't see why I shouldn't keep rolling with it. I need to know whether or not I'm meant to do something like this.

Furthermore, I have been known to write fan fics in the past, and while I do enjoy writing fan fics and I find writing these stories great challenges like scriptwriting, I believe that fan fics need to take a back seat at this time. I tried to get going with my most recent story Rhetoric Rotunda: The Hero, but to be quite honest, it wouldn't surprise me if I don't get done with that story until some time next year because my decreased free time has pretty much shafted a lot of these internet activities, but that doesn't bother me. To be honest with you guys, I really have no idea why I felt so motivated to write all those fan fics that some of you may have read back on the Sega of America forums, but I guess I pressed on for as long as I did because of the fact that I have this feeling that Miles "Tails" Prower has got to be one of the most underappreciated, underused, misused, underestimated, and dare I say "shafted" video game characters of all time. Tails does have a strong and loyal fanbase, and that everyone can agree on, but his purpose in the Sonic series was that he was a young kid who had a lot of potential and dreams, and simply put, with the way things are going with the Sonic series right now, no matter what happens, it seems to me like Tails will never really reach the expectations that he set out for himself, which is truly a shame because while Sega/Sonic Team may never see Tails' potential (or willingly may not want to see his potential), I have some idea of his potential down the road in the future and I believe if that potential is realized, then I believe that Tails has a bright future. I just feel like Tails' character goes through a neverending loop of sorts such as whenever he gets to the pinnacle of doing something great and special on his own, he always gets bumped all the way back down to Sonic's unconfident sidekick who's afraid of lightning. Well, what do you expect out of an 8-year-old fox boy who's been at that same age for God knows how long? In truth, if I ever had enough money to buy the rights to Tails away from Sega, I'd do it in a heartbeat, and I have no regrets saying that. This isn't a knock on his current voice actress Kate Higgins, whose work I do respect and like, and I find Kate to be a nice lady who will help Tails' image out some, but the big picture isn't really seen here. This may be a series targeted towards children, even though it originally aimed towards teens back in the day, but how many more excuses will Sega/Sonic Team come up with say 10-15-20 years from now when there isn't much development to these Sonic characters still, especially to characters like Tails? Hence, that's why I mentioned the neverending loop thing. But anyway, with my stories, I've aimed to provide myself closure to Sonic and his world for whenever I do leave the Sonic fanbase as an active gamer, and I guess that's one of the core reasons why I wrote those fan fics in the first place. Hopefully, this part will be understandable for you guys as well. This is just how I truly feel. No sugar-coating.

So yeah, I'll cut it off there and say that if I get enough free time to be active on the internet just to post frequently again, then I will. Take care, guys. I'm always thinking of you, my friends!

This is codeorange signing out!

:ftw:

Last edited by codeorange on September 24th 2011, 10:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Shade
    Shade

Codeorange Update VOZLn

Codeorange Update Medalw11Codeorange Update Zigzag10Codeorange Update Medal13

Rep2

Codeorange Update Empty Re: Codeorange Update

Post by Shade August 21st 2010, 11:21 pm

What can I say, codeorange?

First up is congratulations, I suppose. Congratulations on getting that job you wanted.

Second up, Good luck. I wish you the best with the scriptwriting and pro-wrestling stuff, and I hope you can do it. So, best of luck with that..

And third, you were an awesome moderator. Also, I hope you get the time to come on here more often, on top of the other stuff.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 22nd 2010, 4:14 am

If I could say tl;dr a quadrillion times it wouldn't be enough to explain to you how little I or anyone of importance cares about you and this update.
    Duck King
    Duck King

Codeorange Update 3qll2

Rep1

Post by Duck King August 22nd 2010, 11:58 am

I just got here and now...this? sad
    Shade
    Shade

Codeorange Update VOZLn

Codeorange Update Medalw11Codeorange Update Zigzag10Codeorange Update Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade August 22nd 2010, 12:04 pm

Duck King wrote:I just got here and now...this? sad

Don't worry, he's not going off completely, I'm sure it just means he'll be online less often.
    codeorange

Codeorange Update GOMM8

Codeorange Update Medalg10Codeorange Update White10Codeorange Update Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange August 22nd 2010, 12:36 pm

Fatum Cruelis wrote:If I could say tl;dr a quadrillion times it wouldn't be enough to explain to you how little I or anyone of importance cares about you and this update.

:mrgreen: LOL

Typical Mly always coming up with short responses that have little to no substance at all when it comes to the grand scheme of things. You'd probably think that the entire universe revolves around you and that the words you say carry so much power that I have to respect them and react to them in the most negative way possible, being angry and upset, but in truth, I couldn't have been anymore amused by this response of yours, even though it wasn't intended to be anything amusing at all. I see many people who are of your type very often, and if anything, I do get a big kick out of what people like you say because you people are always trying to use insults and negative things to say just to get a response, just to rattle people and to rub them the wrong way. You probably assume that everyone cares about you and what you have to say as if you're preaching your own Gospel or something. Oh wait, you don't believe in God at all so you probably believe that no spiritual rules apply to you whatsoever and that you're exempt from any bit of God's wrath. When you stand before God on the day of your judgement, and you will because you cannot escape God no matter how much you believe otherwise, I wonder what you would answer to God when it comes to all of the mistakes that you've made in your life. Ignorance is bliss? Ignorance can sometimes be a posion to people and I believe you're a prime example of ignorance being a posion.

Now why am I going on this huge rant to begin with? Why would I spend time talking about you, Mly? Am I upset at you? Am I angry? No. There's nothing that you can do to break my spirit, Mly. You're younger than me and most assuredly you are less educated than me when it comes to certain topics, and lest we forget, you're nowhere near my level when it comes to maturity and common sense, but it's not like I can do a single thing to change who you are and what you're about because you've made your choice. I don't wish to change you because it's not my place. You want to blend in with the crowd and accept everything that corrupt systems such as the U.S. Government feed you every single day. You want to be just like everyone else because apparently it's the cool thing to do. Yeah, how does that work out for people exactly? Joining secret societies such as the illuminati/free masons makes a huge difference, doesn't it? A cult religion designed to get people to hate each other and to take advantage of each other, manipulating minds and crushing spirits each and every day surely works out for people just like you, Mly, right? You'll be just fine in their big system because they know that they have you under their thumb and that they can twist and turn you around any which way they want. They can use you like a pawn in Chess and they know they can get away with it. They're everywhere. In case people didn't notice, I am a conspiracy theorist and I'm proud to be one. Not all conspiracy theories are true but there are some floating around that do have actual value to them and this sceret socity thing happens to carry such value. There are only two kinds of religion in this world, aside from popular opinion.

There's Christianty, and then there's everything else.

Of course, Mly, you have attacked my religion before in the past, and with that arrogant attitude of yours, you felt the need to insult my intelligence along the way and tell me that everything that I believed in happened to be false and pathetic. You tried to tell me how I should be a Christian even though you're the type who doesn't even read the Holy Bible on a consistent (enough) basis. After I posted that my dog of 14 years of age died due to old age last year, you proceeded to basically play this event down as if this shouldn't even had mattered to me. You know...emotions play a big part in who we are and how we become better people in general, and if you don't have a heart, you're not going to get anywhere in life. When my dog Sadie died, I was emotional. I cried my eyes out last year because I felt the need to mourn. I needed my space to mourn for the loss of a member of my family. So what did you do as a response to the thread that I posted? You tried to come in with your own holier than thou nonsense and basically tried to make things about yourself. Yeah, it takes a really kind and generous person to do that. It takes heart to play something down and to not comfort the person who is in mourning. Yeah, that helped me out a great bit, Mly. You know what? How about you adopt a dog who's just few days away from being put to sleep in a kennel and you help extend that dog's life for about 7 years, and then you watch it die of old age, and then you try to gather up the nerve to tell me that it wouldn't emotionally hurt you in the grand scheme of things. "Oh, it's just a dog. We're just talking about a dog dying. What about me? I have feelings! I'm in need! Help me!"

If the boot fits, Mly. If the boot fits.

So, you still believe that normal one line posts will make you stand out to be such an informal poster and that your opinions carry so much more weight than previously thought? I never expected you to care about me anyway, and it's not like you would ever have the guts to talk to me in person because I know I would expose you for who you truly are. I know you don't have the guts to share your side of the story to me in person because deep down inside, you need a safe haven like the internet to do what you do. If you just hide behind a computer, everything will be just fine for you. To be honest, the feeling is mutual from here. You don't care about me and I don't care about you. It would make no sense at all to continually have Christian/Atheist debates when one side will refuse to let the other side speak and basically not hear what the other side has to say. I could just as easily say the exact same thing about you. I don't have enough words to explain just how little I or anyone of importance from my side of the fence cares about you, the rants you make, the insults you make, and whatever updates that you have in store just to impress the masses.

Brainwashing can be such fun, no? Being the conspiracy theorist that I am, I happen to believe that in some way, the government is out to get us. They use the media to manipulate our feelings and they try so hard to cleverly fool us into believing that they work for us somehow. They are not out for "We, the people." The government cares about themselves and what they can do to get ahead. They want to bring in a New World Order so that they can enslave the people of not just here in the U.S., but also throughout the entire world just so that they can be in control. The illuminati/free masons have had a firm grip on the White House ever since the assassination of JFK and even before then, back in the times of the founding of our country, free masons were running around spreading their junk. It has caught my attention that the signs of the illuminati being here are more obvious than ever before. You just need to look around, folks. Don't overlook too many details in anything you see, such as video games, movies, TV shows, comic books, regular books, etc. In fact, one game made by SEGA, called The Conduit, is a prime example of pro-illuminati propoganda. This has been confirmed to be true by plenty of sources. One hint that I can give you people would be the hands. Look at the hand gestures people make on a daily basis and tell me that there's no coincidence there. The peace sign, hook 'em horns, hang ten, the middle finger, live long and prosper...I could go on. Plus, the handshakes are equally as deceiving. Thumbs pressing down during a handshake are big clues as well.

So yeah, Mly, be bold enough to tell me that I'm not educated enough to know what I'm talking about and just come back to me with just a one line post saying how irrelevant everything I just said really is. Yeah, if and when I become a World Heavyweight Champion for a big time pro wrestling promotion, I would be more than glad to talk about that accomplishment right here and I do hope that you'll still be posting somewhat at that time, because unlike you, I dare to be different than everyone else. I desire to be my own guy and I'm determined to have my own voice be heard. I want development and closure to many things, and I will see to it that I have it one way or another, regardless of whether or not you approve of these views, Mly, because ultimately, you do not matter in the choices that I make. I have no reason to be angry at you because you can do nothing to me. I am true to my word and I try to be honest with everybody I know.

So yeah, keep on doing what you've been doing. Keep up the good work! I'll see you at the finish line! *whistles a random tune*

Wink :ftw:
    sykog
    sykog

Codeorange Update Imagee10

Codeorange Update Blackr10Codeorange Update Medalw11Codeorange Update Medalg10Codeorange Update Zigzag10Codeorange Update Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog August 22nd 2010, 12:49 pm

Holy crap, dude, you aren't too busy to post that right now. Good for you getting a job though, I don't have one yet.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest August 22nd 2010, 12:51 pm

Wait. You actually expect me to read all of that? I'm flattered that you wasted all that time and effort to put together the best response your feeble intellect can manage just for me, really, but no. I'm not reading your crap.
    Duck King
    Duck King

Codeorange Update 3qll2

Rep1

Post by Duck King August 22nd 2010, 1:05 pm

Im not reading that...impossible unless its not on the computer.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Codeorange Update Imagee10

Codeorange Update Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy August 25th 2010, 1:48 pm

You will be missed codeorange.
    Good luck pursuing your dreams :)
    And congratulations on the new job. About the scripts, some channels might accept them... you can write character bios for T.V series... who knows. (It doesn't have to be games, if you don't mind, I guess xD)
    Personally I do not post a lot on TSC, but I do read most, if not all the posts that I miss. And I know for sure that you of all, are one of the best members on site. You will forever be remembered. (and like Sweet Silence said, hopefully you'll come check in every now and then :D)
    Above all, you were an awesome staff member, and a great contributor to the site.
    Good luck again. I wish you the best.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Codeorange Update VOZLn

Codeorange Update Medalw11Codeorange Update Medalg10Codeorange Update Zigzag10Codeorange Update Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great September 22nd 2010, 8:56 pm

Ignore the ignorant.

Either decision made is supported by me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content