Plix
15 posters

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary

Plix
    Plix

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Empty 3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary

Post by Plix December 3rd 2010, 12:00 am

http://www.housewareslive.net/products/product.asp?id=1143&title=Spearmark+International+Picks+Up+Sonic

Speculation?

Sonic 3DS is confirmed, Sonic 4: Ep. 2 is a given, and there's a 20th anniversary game confirmed, probably an HD console game like Colo(u)rs.

Also, SA2 is more than likely going to come to XBLA/PSN before 2011 is over. It's pretty much a given.

Anybody disagree?
    Shade
    Shade

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Zigzag103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep2

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Empty Re: 3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary

Post by Shade December 3rd 2010, 9:48 am

SEGA Dude wrote:http://www.housewareslive.net/products/product.asp?id=1143&title=Spearmark+International+Picks+Up+Sonic

Speculation?

Sonic 3DS is confirmed, Sonic 4: Ep. 2 is a given, and there's a 20th anniversary game confirmed, probably an HD console game like Colo(u)rs.

Also, SA2 is more than likely going to come to XBLA/PSN before 2011 is over. It's pretty much a given.

Anybody disagree?

Not really. And I'm really excited about the Sonic 3DS. Sonic will look really awesome in 3D, I think.
    Phantom
    Phantom

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep11

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Empty Re: 3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary

Post by Phantom December 4th 2010, 2:26 am

Hopefully Sonic Team has enough people (with enough energy) to make three games in time.
    sykog
    sykog

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Imagee10

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Blackr103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalg103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Zigzag103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 10th 2010, 2:54 am

Hmm, that sounds pretty cool.
    Zez
    Zez

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Blackr103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Zigzag103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 1st 2011, 8:14 pm

If, (and it should) Sonic Adventure 2 makes an online comeback release, then that would make 4 titles.

However, I'm wondering if SEGA has been discouraged with the rather negatively received Sonic Adventure re-release.
    Link451
    Link451

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 January 2nd 2011, 1:07 pm

I'm interested in seeing the 3DS game. Hopefully I can buy it. I'm not sure about the other two though. They sound interesting but I do hope Episode 2 makes improvements and that the 20th anniversary isn't just nothing but a remake.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 2nd 2011, 3:39 pm

I heard Mario and Sonic may be having a game together (let's hope that's not the case because I don't see a single franchise of Sonic and Mario together working out).

I hope for Sonic Adventure 3 (a real SA3). But that likely won't happen.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Blackr103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Zigzag103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary White103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal133 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 2nd 2011, 6:09 pm

Why do I have to register to see this?
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by fantanoice January 5th 2011, 7:16 am

I heard a rumour that a third Mario and Sonic game was going to be released, so perhaps that could be the anniversary title (though I find it unlikely). Has anybody heard about that, or know of a source?

I did find this:
    Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics.
    Shade
    Shade

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Zigzag103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade January 5th 2011, 11:54 am

fantanoice wrote:I heard a rumour that a third Mario and Sonic game was going to be released, so perhaps that could be the anniversary title (though I find it unlikely). Has anybody heard about that, or know of a source?

I did find this:
    Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics.

Mario and SOnic and the London Olympics?

It sounds like a good game. I'm intrigued, I must say.
    MD Gamer
    MD Gamer

Rep0

Post by MD Gamer January 9th 2011, 10:38 pm

Sonic 4: Ep2...
    Mario and Sonic, that's gonna be either an Olympics game or a Party/Shuffle game from what I hear, I haven't got any confirmation for that though.
    20th Anniversary, there's some talk on the internetz that it could be a sidescroller.

Looking forward to hearing more about that mystery game.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 11th 2011, 8:20 pm

It could also be another Sonic storybook game, though I hope not.
    The Cunning Condor
    The Cunning Condor

Rep0

Post by The Cunning Condor January 19th 2011, 7:55 am

I'm not looking forward to Sonic 3DS. You just know they're gonna show off the 3D in some corny way. I think it's cool that you'll be able to see 3D without glasses but still. I'm hoping for something like a Sonic Adventure 3 (but not titled that) to celebrate his 20th.
    Jmh
    Jmh

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary White103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 19th 2011, 4:52 pm

According to ShadiWulf on the SEGA forums Sonic Adventure 3 is coming out.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary 56qtD

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z January 19th 2011, 6:45 pm

They could make a Sonic Adventure 3, but that might be a better title for his 25th anniversary or something. Maybe they'll port Sonic Colors to the Xbox 360? Hmm, maybe they'll release an entirely separate game on the Xbox 360 and PS3 which they've been working on beside the development team of SC. I hope they've been working on it that long if they plan to release by Sonic's 20th anniversary.

And on the topic of SA's negative reception on the XBLA, it makes sense when they don't even take the time to make it 16:9 compatible (many people have HDTVs now) and only do minor graphical updates. Why not just play it on the Gamecube? Or better yet, the Dreamcast? They're porting it in the same way as they did for the Gamecube even though the consoles have so much more power now. It just seems so lazy.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 19th 2011, 7:36 pm

Jmh wrote:According to ShadiWulf on the SEGA forums Sonic Adventure 3 is coming out.
    Proof please?
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 19th 2011, 7:50 pm

Shadiwulf is the biggest troll on those forums, bar me.

Anyway, Sonic 3DS is going to be on both 3DS and Wii, this was confirmed by IGN at a press conference.

Unless the whining fanbase made sega kill off sonic 4, that much is obvious.

the 20th anniversary thing is most likely a lie.
    The Cunning Condor
    The Cunning Condor

Rep0

Post by The Cunning Condor January 19th 2011, 8:48 pm

Jmh wrote:According to ShadiWulf on the SEGA forums Sonic Adventure 3 is coming out.

Awesome!
    Stranger
    Stranger

Rep1

Post by Stranger January 20th 2011, 11:28 am

Yeah but that's Shadiwulf. I'll agree with him about Iizuka being a fool, but I highly doubt Sonic Team would regress to making an Adventure 3. Especially since they've pretty much been focusing on perfecting the 3D to 2D gameplay of solo Sonic as of late.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 20th 2011, 2:33 pm

^I also agree. Sonic Team is trying to make Sonic "good" again. Keyword trying. This doesn't include an SA3. I hope for it, but I don't see it happening the way we'd like it (even if it does happen).
    Jmh
    Jmh

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary White103 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh January 20th 2011, 6:40 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:^I also agree. Sonic Team is trying to make Sonic "good" again. Keyword trying. This doesn't include an SA3. I hope for it, but I don't see it happening the way we'd like it (even if it does happen).
    Sonic Colors and Unleashed were pretty good games man.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 20th 2011, 10:06 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:^I also agree. Sonic Team is trying to make Sonic "good" again. Keyword trying. This doesn't include an SA3. I hope for it, but I don't see it happening the way we'd like it (even if it does happen).
    Sonic Colors and Unleashed were pretty good games man.
    They weren't bad, but they weren't my taste (But I still disliked the werehog a lot). I prefer SA2, not a 2D/3D game based off complete speed. Despite what I want, you're right, they are pretty good games. But for an Adventure fan, I'd want more platforming, all 3D, and not solely based off speed.

So yes, I agree with you. I just don't personalize or like Unleashed too much. Never played Colors, but I'm assuming the results are much the same as Unleashed.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle January 20th 2011, 10:46 pm

Go play freakin' Mario, then.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary 56qtD

3 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medalw113 Sonic titles to celebrate 20th anniversary Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z January 21st 2011, 2:50 am

Mario is still much slower than Sonic in everything except maybe Sonic 06. Preferring the more platform and combat oriented gameplay of SA2(at least Sonic's and Shadow's gameplay modes) is completely different from preferring Mario's gameplay style.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 January 21st 2011, 6:29 am

Suspicious Bush wrote:Go play freakin' Mario, then.
    Super racer Z has an excellent point! I played Sonic for fun, not for speed.

You mean me? Mario's even worse than Sonic. If you see me lightly bash Sonic, don't get me started on Mario's money-making repetitiveness.

I want Sonic to be good. If I were running Sonic Team, things would be a lot better. since Yuji Naka left, the Sonic that once was is now gone. I am one of those who long to bring back the glory days.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content