SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? Medal13

: Male
     Rep12

Ideas, anybody? Empty Ideas, anybody?

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 5th 2011, 5:08 pm

Alrighty, so does anyone have any ideas on how to "spice" up the site to make it more exciting and hopefully more well-known? So far, I've been thinking of events, adverts, etc. These are, of course, just general ideas, but in the more specific matters, for example, the time we had a banner contest was pretty fun. The awards were also pretty cool. We could bring those events back. So, does anybody have any ideas, specific or in general?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? White10Ideas, anybody? Medal13

Rep26

Ideas, anybody? Empty Re: Ideas, anybody?

Post by Auflodern March 5th 2011, 6:06 pm

Lemonade stand?

Yard sale where we sell off our members to other sites?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? White10Ideas, anybody? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 5th 2011, 6:21 pm

Gosh we're as desperate as SEGA right now when they tried to give out free Dreamcasts.
    James Prower
    James Prower

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by James Prower March 5th 2011, 7:01 pm

Jmh wrote:Gosh we're as desperate as SEGA right now when they tried to give out free Dreamcasts.
    But still, Sega survived the game race, so can we
    James Prower
    James Prower

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by James Prower March 5th 2011, 7:11 pm

1.) Fan-art contest
    2.) Free moderator status for a week (optional)
    3.) More arcade games
    4.) Best arcade gamer contest
    5.) A person who "spices" this site every week at least (maybe me)
    6.) A roleplaying room
    Miles24
    Miles24

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? White10Ideas, anybody? Medal13Ideas, anybody? 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 March 5th 2011, 11:01 pm

I'm currently thinking of a few ideas such as new advertizement banners and even an advertizement video, but it will take some time before I can completely develop the ideas.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? White10Ideas, anybody? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 5th 2011, 11:03 pm

I still like my idea of a lemonade stand
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! March 6th 2011, 7:00 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Alrighty, so does anyone have any ideas on how to "spice" up the site to make it more exciting and hopefully more well-known? So far, I've been thinking of events, adverts, etc. These are, of course, just general ideas, but in the more specific matters, for example, the time we had a banner contest was pretty fun. The awards were also pretty cool. We could bring those events back. So, does anybody have any ideas, specific or in general?

Here are a few suggestion, I am saying this from years of forum experience and the fact my tips has worked on my forum...

Here we go.

First, you guys got outstanding member count here
    1,000 members? Nice accomplishment.

I have made a long return here because this is the one thing that TSC lacks.
    Quality content.

Now you can bash, flame or deny it, but some of the quality content in both threads and Sonic discussion is poor.

I could point a couple I have encountered, but regardless, I gave my full input and quality post in the threads.

Secondly, you need to expand your Sonic forums.
    I mean expand Sonic discussion wise, because off topic and non-Sonic gaming discussion forums still dominate over the Sonic forums.
    For example,
    There are Only 3 Sonic Forums and 9 Non-Sonic Forums? Why is that?

I am a pure Sonic fan here for some quality and decent discussion. I mean if chatting on Sonic is limited then I will most likely not bother coming to this forum, which has happened 2 times and when I suggest this, you guys bash and basically tell me GTFO then.

Well, you guys are now asking for help/suggestions and this is what I feel should be focus before you even think about starting events on the forum.

Fix up the forums and quality first, then worry events. If you need idea on what I mean in forum expansion, check out my forum layout and you'll get the idea of where I am coming from.

More Sonic Forums = More room for threads to breathe and expand on = More Sonic Activity for TSC
    Trust me, fixing this will make a big difference. Saying from experience.

If you disagree with my suggestion, it's understood and respected. Just thought to give my 2 cents of advice to help out. No intentions of offending, flaming, advertising or trolling intended. (As some people can wrongly respond or take this the wrong way)
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 6th 2011, 7:12 pm

that's the thing most of us don't really play Sonic anymore. We just go here for the community
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! March 6th 2011, 7:18 pm

I've heard that excuse many times.
    Including the one "People can't come up with Sonic discussion all of the time"

Well my forum proved that wrong, as my activity is 85% Sonic focus with just as much daily (maybe more as I notice my forum is outranking TSC on forumotion a bit).

I purposely blocked off topic forums for high ranked users at who has 100 posts or more.

Now how I do it?
    Forums.
    I know it's simple, but if you have the right forum structure and keep the Sonic spirit happy and going, trust me, I think the forum can do as well in the Sonic side

I mean this is a Sonic forum.

It's like me coming to Burger restaurant and asking for a burger, but you guys tell me "Oh, we got tired of serving burgers, so we now serve chicken", ftw, I came here specifically for a burger, not chicken!!

Same metaphor idea applies here.

Last edited by SonicFreak! on March 6th 2011, 7:30 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 6th 2011, 7:24 pm

SonicFreak! wrote:
    Auflodern wrote:that's the thing most of us don't really play Sonic anymore. We just go here for the community

Well my forum proved that wrong, as my activity is 85% Sonic focus with just as much daily (maybe more as I notice my forum is outranking TSC on forumotion a bit).

I purposely blocked off topic forums for high ranked users at who has 100 posts or more.

Now how I do it?
    Forums.
    I know it's simple, but if you have the right forum structure and keep the Sonic spirit happy and going, trust me, I think the forum can do as well in the Sonic side

It's like me coming to Burger restaurant and asking for a burger, but you guys tell me "Oh, we got tired of serving burgers, so we now serve chicken", ftw, I came here specifically for a burger, not chicken!!

It's not an excuse, we don't play Sonic 24/7, we play everything else more often than Sonic. (e.g. Battlefield, Gran Turismo, Forza...) As in, we don't go here for the Sonic discussion mate.
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! March 6th 2011, 7:31 pm

Auflodern wrote:
    SonicFreak! wrote:

Now how I do it?
    Forums.

It's not an excuse, we don't play Sonic 24/7, we play everything else more often than Sonic. (e.g. Battlefield, Gran Turismo, Forza...) As in, we don't go here for the Sonic discussion mate.

Alright, well lemme tell you this.

The key to avoid "I don't play Sonic games as much anymore" is to generate the feel and experience in the Sonic franchise, keep it alive with quality content everyone would enjoy, like Sonic Game of the week, whatever you can make use out of the Sonic franchise.

I am about to host Sonic TV episode clips soon and adding a forum movie theater.
    I think it's the matter of forum creativity, but still..
    Make use out of your Sonic sources and keep the Sonic spirit alive and going.

That's what's TSC is lacking.
    The proper Sonic motivation and Sonic spirit. That's your guy's main problem. If you aren't meant for Sonic Discussion, this shouldn't be called Sonic Community, but instead, Gaming Community
    Sonamy43
    Sonamy43

Ideas, anybody? 3qll2

: Female
     Rep3

Post by Sonamy43 March 6th 2011, 8:12 pm

I don't know if there's one here already or not, 'cause I haven't seen one, but I think there should be a role play section. :D
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 6th 2011, 8:14 pm

Sonamy43 wrote:I don't know if there's one here already or not, 'cause I haven't seen one, but I think there should be a role play section. :D

that's pretty much the fan fiction section
    SonicFreak!
    SonicFreak!

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by SonicFreak! March 6th 2011, 9:06 pm

Fan Fiction shouldn't be clustered with Role Playing.
    That's 2 completely different subjects as Role Playing is actually interaction while Fan Fiction is just literature.

I actually second to have a Role Play Forum added.
    Like I said, you gotta expand and can't just have a cluster of topics thrown in a single forum.

Shade
    Shade

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade March 7th 2011, 11:38 am

SonicFreak! wrote:Fan Fiction shouldn't be clustered with Role Playing.
    That's 2 completely different subjects as Role Playing is actually interaction while Fan Fiction is just literature.

I actually second to have a Role Play Forum added.
    Like I said, you gotta expand and can't just have a cluster of topics thrown in a single forum.

Actually, a RolePlay Forum would be cool!

It should be like ours at SP, shouldn't it, SF?

(Explanation: Over at SP we have different forums for RP and Fanfics, it keeps the threads nice and organised, I think).
    Sonamy43
    Sonamy43

Ideas, anybody? 3qll2

: Female
     Rep3

Post by Sonamy43 March 7th 2011, 7:08 pm

Yeah, I mean, role playing is really fun. ^.^

And like Sonic Freak said, fan fictions and role plays are two different things. Fan fictions are just stories, while role playing is pretty much a game and a story at the same time...

...I don't think that made much sense. :P
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon March 7th 2011, 7:39 pm

Get more active members....that aren't weenies.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 7th 2011, 8:08 pm

Yioibon wrote:Get more active members....that aren't weenies.
    You callin' me a weenie?!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 7th 2011, 9:22 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Yioibon wrote:Get more active members....that aren't weenies.
    You callin' me a weenie?!

Ideas, anybody? HaveYouSeenMyWiener598

it responds to JMH
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 7th 2011, 9:38 pm

... All your wieners are belong to us.
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Ideas, anybody? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Schismatist March 7th 2011, 10:05 pm

I'm willing to make more topics. But they might be a bit controversial. That's expected from a fanbase as divided as ours though.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 8th 2011, 4:34 pm

Schismatist wrote:I'm willing to make more topics. But they might be a bit controversial. That's expected from a fanbase as divided as ours though.
    Don't worry, the majority here is cool and laid back. They won't get offended by your opinions.
    Plix
    Plix

Ideas, anybody? VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix March 9th 2011, 12:41 am

1000 members in three years is not really incredibly hard to achieve. Yes, the fact that this place has active members after that long is good, but I bet at least a hundred of our members never posted, posted less than ten times, or are multiple accounts. Think of that.

I still think we should be asking ourselves a bigger question, since this debate over more Sonic or less Sonic has been going on ever since the very, very first consolidation of the forums I pushed for, which was the dissolution of the specific character boards (Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, etc.). That bigger question is: Are we even a Sonic forum anymore? Yes, we have Sonic fans, and a Sonic theme, and Sonic avatars and stuff...but what if we expanded and chose a new topic to center TSC around, and gave the forum a HUGE revamp? As in, new forum, new name, new theme/skin, and all of the members could come to the new place and we could all start anew. This place is dying...and the advertisement push could focus more on TSC merging with/growing into another forum.

Some will always disagree...but doesn't it excite you at least a bit? Packing up and moving to a bigger, different place?
    Miles24
    Miles24

Ideas, anybody? Imagee10

Ideas, anybody? Blackr10Ideas, anybody? Medalw11Ideas, anybody? White10Ideas, anybody? Medal13Ideas, anybody? 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 March 9th 2011, 4:03 pm

I actually strongly disagree with the such. If we were to change the topic that TSC surrounds, not only can we lose possible new members, but we could bring in members that could cause harm to the community. The fact that it is a Sonic site is not the issue. Outside of the community and the design, there really isn't anything that differentiates us from any other Sonic forum. If we were to add something as a web-comic, commentary team, or even contests with actual prizes, then we could easily bring in new members without having to completely overhaul the site and jeopardize what the site has already established.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content