Techimo
Chaos_Overlord
Nnoitra Hushimo
14 posters

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters

Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters 56qtD

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Empty Sonic the Hedgehog side characters

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 27th 2011, 7:20 am

What do you think about all the side characters in the Sonic series (Shadow, Silver, Knuckles, Amy, Rouge etc.)? Some people say they hate them and that they need to go back to the classic days of just Sonic and Tails, but I think that they just make the Sonic games better and more enjoyable, especially Shadow and Knuckles :D.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters VOZLn

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13

Rep11

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Empty Re: Sonic the Hedgehog side characters

Post by Chaos_Overlord October 27th 2011, 8:14 am

The side characters add something extra to the series in my opinion. Shadow and Knuckles are awesome.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo October 27th 2011, 9:04 am

SEGA treat the side characters like nothing. For the last few years no characters have been useful to the story.
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters 56qtD

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo October 27th 2011, 7:31 pm

But hey, at least that'll change when Sonic Generations comes out :D
    IceClaw
    IceClaw

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by IceClaw November 13th 2011, 2:19 am

I don't see why people would hate them, though some are a bit overrated.
    I don't mind the side-characters at all.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters ZtZYh

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters White10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter November 14th 2011, 5:20 pm

Tech Man 753 wrote:SEGA treat the side characters like nothing. For the last few years no characters have been useful to the story.
    No they don't...let's go over the games ignoring Generation due to spoilers.

Colors - Tails helps translate, Orbot and Cubot help capture Wisps and give Eggman someone to talk to.
    Free Riders - All characters are either rivals or allies in the story.
    Black Knight - Each knight gives perspective on who King Arthur is, how the kingdom is run, and even insight on the characters portraying them. Nimue gives further insight into Sonic's personality and gives logic and reason to the story.
    Unleashed - Tails flies them around and gives them knowledge about their progress and next destination, as does Professor Pickle. Amy adds further insight into Sonic's character and emotions during his transformation, and Orbot gives Eggman someone to bounce off of.

Those are all the side characters of the last few years, and only Free Riders would be slightly slacking.
    TrueSonicBlue
    TrueSonicBlue

Rep0

Post by TrueSonicBlue November 15th 2011, 6:50 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Tech Man 753 wrote:SEGA treat the side characters like nothing. For the last few years no characters have been useful to the story.

Colors - Tails helps translate, Orbot and Cubot help capture Wisps and give Eggman someone to talk to.
    Black Knight - Each knight gives perspective on who King Arthur is, how the kingdom is run, and even insight on the characters portraying them. Nimue gives further insight into Sonic's personality and gives logic and reason to the story.
    Unleashed - Tails flies them around and gives them knowledge about their progress and next destination, as does Professor Pickle. Amy adds further insight into Sonic's character and emotions during his transformation, and Orbot gives Eggman someone to bounce off of.

Those are all the side characters of the last few years, and only Free Riders would be slightly slacking.
    I agree 100% the side character help to both translate and give a deeper meaning to the universe and world of Sonic.
    Link451
    Link451

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Kz2PK

Rep11

Post by Link451 November 15th 2011, 11:25 pm

I think Silver, Shadow, Knuckles, Tails and Rouge add good elements and additions to the story. Everyone else though, I can't get that into.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13

Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo November 16th 2011, 1:17 am

I think we could go without Rouge and Amy. The Sonic games need some new girls with different and less sexist attitudes. I mean, Rouge acts like a hooker and Amy is a stalker with a crush. I feel like the other side characters, however, kind of complete the games, and in games like Sonic Chronicles the game is truly impossible without them.
    Techimo
    Techimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo November 16th 2011, 1:03 pm

Dang. You win the argument TFF. I need to remmember things more.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters GOMM8

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo December 1st 2011, 8:20 pm

Depends which side characters we're talking about. Some play a more significant role than others.

Still, at least Sega can acknowledge that they ignore some of them.

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters MightyRayHiRes
    5hadow
    5hadow

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Kz2PK

Rep2

Post by 5hadow December 7th 2011, 5:09 pm

I love Shadow ♥
    TheDemon155
    TheDemon155

Rep0

Post by TheDemon155 January 9th 2012, 10:37 pm

5hadow wrote:I love Shadow ♥️
    ohh really i couldnt tell lol :D

But anyone noticed that omega is missing D:?

Last edited by The Freedom Fighter on January 11th 2012, 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eliminating double posting)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters ZtZYh

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters White10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13Sonic the Hedgehog side characters 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 11th 2012, 4:26 am

Yeah, which is too bad, I really would like to see his gameplay expanded, I think he'd be super fun to play as if done right.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran January 22nd 2012, 8:10 am

Ashley Hushimo wrote:I think we could go without Rouge and Amy. The Sonic games need some new girls with different and less sexist attitudes. I mean, Rouge acts like a hooker and Amy is a stalker with a crush. I feel like the other side characters, however, kind of complete the games, and in games like Sonic Chronicles the game is truly impossible without them.
    Amy's mentally 12 and physically 15(?). Of course she's crazy, her brain's at least 3 years behind the rest of her body, which would probably cause problems with anyone, male or female.

As for Rouge, there are older people who play the games and she's the obligatory fan-service girl. Plus she's not nearly as bad as some of the stuff you'd find elsewhere.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez January 22nd 2012, 1:31 pm

Hey, at least we have Marine the Raccoon.
    Hybrid_Thing
    Hybrid_Thing

Rep0

Post by Hybrid_Thing January 28th 2012, 8:07 pm

What about Knuckles? Tails and Amy remain important characters, but he's been relegated to the background. Shadow's more of an important character nowadays. A shame, considering Knuckles' one of the most interesting fellas out of the entire Sonic cast.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Blackr10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medalw11Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Zigzag10Sonic the Hedgehog side characters Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 8th 2012, 1:47 am

Everybody Hates Mighty. Coming this fall.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content