The ancient lands.

Sonic CD: Desert DLC?

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic CD: Desert DLC? VOZLn

Sonic CD: Desert DLC? Medalw11Sonic CD: Desert DLC? Medalg10Sonic CD: Desert DLC? Zigzag10Sonic CD: Desert DLC? Medal13

Rep2

Sonic CD: Desert DLC? Empty Sonic CD: Desert DLC?

Post by Gamma The Great

Sonic CD: Desert DLC? 29n8491

Some fans have gone so deep into the game (Sonic CD), they found a little extra peek at something ultimately cut from the final release:

"It" is called Desert Dazzle zone, according to developer Christian Whitehead. Speaking about it on the Sonic Retro forums, Whitehead said it was part of a planned extra level for the game, but never made it:

Christian Whitehead wrote:Basically, earlier on in the remake’s development there were 2 new levels: Desert Dazzle & Final Fever (another boss)

Neither level was fully complete, and we had to make the call whether or not to go ahead and finalize them. Sonic Team felt the game should not deviate too far from it’s original form, and in retrospect it was for the best since we had a lot of other work to do anyway.

I left this image in since it’s quite a groovy looking Zone, and it also serves as a way for you to get to the stage select as Tails.

Already, there are calls to add the Dust Hill inspired stage down the road as paid DLC.
    Share this post on: reddit

The Freedom Fighter

Post December 24th 2011, 6:47 pm by The Freedom Fighter

It doesn't make much sense to me why they decided to make extra levels. Unless...they wanted to work with Classic Sonic sprites. Now it all makes sense...
    Hushimo

Post December 24th 2011, 7:28 pm by Hushimo

Christian Whitehead wrote:...and in retrospect it was for the best since we had a lot of other work to do anyway.

Rush, rush, rush, that seems to be their only style.
    The Freedom Fighter

Post December 24th 2011, 7:31 pm by The Freedom Fighter

Well of course, it was important to get this game out...whenever it came out.
    Hushimo

Post December 24th 2011, 7:39 pm by Hushimo

The Freedom Fighter wrote:It doesn't make much sense to me why they decided to make extra levels. Unless...they wanted to work with Classic Sonic sprites. Now it all makes sense...

How does it all make sense now?
    The Freedom Fighter

Post December 24th 2011, 10:07 pm by The Freedom Fighter

They wanted to use Classic Sonic sprites but got forced to use Modern until they realized people wanted Classic Sonic again, so they tried to take that chance with Sonic CD, but SEGA said no again.
    Techimo

Post December 25th 2011, 5:40 am by Techimo

SEGA has no love for Sand levels.
    Hushimo

Post December 25th 2011, 4:03 pm by Hushimo

Tech Man 753 wrote:SEGA has no love for Sand levels.

Sandopolis? Pyramid Cave?
    NeoMetalSonic

Post December 25th 2011, 4:06 pm by NeoMetalSonic

Hushimo wrote:
    Tech Man 753 wrote:SEGA has no love for Sand levels.

Compare to how many forest/jungle/ice/machine/food?
    Techimo

Post December 26th 2011, 6:07 am by Techimo

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:

Compare to how many forest/jungle/ice/machine/food?
    Food is hardly even a theme level. Sure it is to other games, but we only seen one.
    The Freedom Fighter

Post December 26th 2011, 4:40 pm by The Freedom Fighter

Maybe sand levels are like Dragon-types for Pokemon?
    Zez

Post November 8th 2012, 12:46 am by Zez

As far as I'm aware, there was no desert DLC, right?

Post November 8th 2012, 1:04 am by Moran

I miss the good ol' sand levels. And the good ol' levels period.

Post  by Sponsored content