Sonic Adventure 2
13 posters

So the next big game is...

Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

So the next big game is... Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep7

So the next big game is... Empty So the next big game is...

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 11th 2012, 9:31 am

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing 2?

We have finally hit rock bottom....
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

So the next big game is... Imagee10

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... Medalg10

Rep35

So the next big game is... Empty Re: So the next big game is...

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 11th 2012, 12:27 pm

We hit that a long time ago
    So the next big game is... 250px-Sonic1_box_usa
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So the next big game is... ZtZYh

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 11th 2012, 12:35 pm

Kind of late to the party, but yeah, we're getting a new racer. It's a great idea, so...not sure what the problem is.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

So the next big game is... 56qtD

So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 11th 2012, 11:42 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing 2?

We have finally hit rock bottom....

You and I have vastly different ideas of "big game." It's a spin-off racing game which does not involve Sonic Team and has various other Sega characters in it. This is just a quick cash-in to help them get some money in between their big games.
    Independence76

So the next big game is... GOMM8

So the next big game is... Medalg10So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 June 13th 2012, 11:34 pm

You can never hit rock bottom with the magical material known as "money" or "currency."

/sonicteamlogic
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medalg10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 14th 2012, 12:55 am

I liked the first one. :/
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Post by Moran June 14th 2012, 6:50 am

Well, ordinarily I'd be pissed. Well, as pissed as I can be about what's so easy to expect, which isn't much. But I'm really not mad at this. Sega's damn near collapsing, and they need a cash cow to get money for bigger projects. Racing games are fairly simple, but enjoyable if done properly.

That said, if it's just more of the same if/when they pull out of this rut, then I'll be royally pissed about it. Because not only is it dirty production tactics for no good reason at that point, it's also incompetence of such grandeur that they fail to realize more of the same will get them back in the same black pit as they're in now.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medalg10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 14th 2012, 1:22 pm

Also, I know what game they need to come out with next.

Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Shuffleboard.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 14th 2012, 3:30 pm

How could their be a 2? It's a racing game, their isn't much to put in their.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 14th 2012, 4:15 pm

Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing, but it's not a Sonic game. What I'm essentially trying to say is we're getting nothing new.

It's sad to even call this game a "cash-in" when Sonic Team/Sega should be making more main Sonic games.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 14th 2012, 9:55 pm

The only problem is that Sega and Sonic Team, while partially malicious in their production tactics, are plainly lacking in talent in many areas as well. And with their budget hell on top of that, they need to get money in so they can make such a game as what you're talking about. In the long term, I for one am hoping they get better game making talent to make really good Sonic games again. You just don't find games as fast-paced as Sonic, unless they're racing games, in which case good luck finding any plot, gameplay variety, platforming, ... But hilariously, they're making a racing game to get some cash quickly.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 14th 2012, 11:55 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing, but it's not a Sonic game. What I'm essentially trying to say is we're getting nothing new.

It's sad to even call this game a "cash-in" when Sonic Team/Sega should be making more main Sonic games.
    Well yeah, it's at most half a Sonic game. So really, why complain? Sonic Team isn't even making it. Sumo Digital is.

You'll get your main game, just be patient.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 15th 2012, 5:14 pm

I actually liked the first one.
    Zez
    Zez

So the next big game is... VOZLn

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 16th 2012, 2:26 pm

Super Racer Z already ended the topic.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 16th 2012, 8:09 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Don't get me wrong, I like Sonic and Sega All-Stars racing, but it's not a Sonic game. What I'm essentially trying to say is we're getting nothing new.

Well yeah, it's at most half a Sonic game. So really, why complain? Sonic Team isn't even making it. Sumo Digital is.

I've been patient since 2005. Or maybe not... I don't know. Sonic Heroes was the last game I actually cared about.

I could argue that I've waited since 2003 seeing as SA2B is the last "great" game.

That's almost a decade. It's not time to sit and wait any longer.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13So the next big game is... Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 16th 2012, 9:11 pm

If you've been waiting that long then perhaps you should be considering quitting
    Jmh
    Jmh

So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 16th 2012, 10:18 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

I've been patient since 2005. Or maybe not... I don't know. Sonic Heroes was the last game I actually cared about.

I could argue that I've waited since 2003 seeing as SA2B is the last "great" game.

That kind of mindset is what gave us Sonic 06.
    Zez
    Zez

So the next big game is... Blackr10So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... Zigzag10So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 17th 2012, 1:08 am

So the next big game is... Z8BY9
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 17th 2012, 1:32 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

No no no. You said you want a main game. You didn't say an Adventure game. We all know you want one, and many of us do too, but you shouldn't be so critical of the other games because they're different.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 19th 2012, 10:18 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

That kind of mindset is what gave us Sonic 06.

Not exactly. Sonic 06 was rushed in a year, but I'm talking about a decade. Big difference there.

We've had a whole decade to create a decent Sonic game and all Sonic Team have done is create games aesthetically worse than Sonic 06.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 19th 2012, 11:09 pm

*growl*

SA2, with whoever else reads this as my witness: Stop whining about trivial and pointless Sonic-related derpia, stop being a damned nuisance, stop trolling or at least stop being such a low-class troll and do it well, and generally improve, or I will shove the haft of my banhammer down your throat and tear a hole in your stomach with the pointy end.

Public humiliation of problem user complete. Continue, folks.
    Jmh
    Jmh

So the next big game is... Medalw11So the next big game is... White10So the next big game is... Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 21st 2012, 2:15 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Jmh wrote:That kind of mindset is what gave us Sonic 06.

Not exactly. Sonic 06 was rushed in a year, but I'm talking about a decade. Big difference there.

We've had a whole decade to create a decent Sonic game and all Sonic Team have done is create games aesthetically worse than Sonic 06.
    You implied that they should be releasing a main game this year, which would mean two things: They'd have to start working on a new game and release it this year, or they have been working on a new game and would have to release it this year.

Either way, if they are making a new main game (Which they probably are) then it would be best for them to take their time to perfect it instead of rushing it out like they did 06.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez June 21st 2012, 8:00 pm

See kids? This is why Jmh is a mod. And a damn fine one, too.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 21st 2012, 9:24 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

You implied that they should be releasing a main game this year, which would mean two things: They'd have to start working on a new game and release it this year, or they have been working on a new game and would have to release it this year.

Either way, if they are making a new main game (Which they probably are) then it would be best for them to take their time to perfect it instead of rushing it out like they did 06.

I'll ignore those who refuse to post with decency.

I'm okay with a game taking its time to be made, but I'd like to hear about and see it being made rather than sit here with no news thinking the franchise has died.

Every other franchise gets news or games or something to talk about... but Sonic Team is just letting Sonic rot away.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 21st 2012, 9:51 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I'll ignore those who refuse to post with decency.
    3-day b& for being a pompous ass and pretend-ignoring my warning in an utterly self-righteous fashion. If you had just said nothing you would've at least been left alone longer, moron. It's that kind of "I'm high and mighty and perfect John McSubtletroll and you're shit" mentality that's got you gone. Let this be a lesson to you.

Anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content