Jmh
sykog
Zez
14 posters

New staff order?

Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

New staff order? - Page 2 Imagee10

New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11

: Male
     Rep34

New staff order? - Page 2 Empty Re: New staff order?

Post by Schnickelfritz July 19th 2012, 10:22 am

Okay, considering the recent onslaught of new members, Neo, Pianta, Nuva and myself need to be moderators now so yeah get on that kthxbai
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

New staff order? - Page 2 Blackr10New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11New staff order? - Page 2 Zigzag10New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic July 19th 2012, 10:24 am

I agreed with that
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 19th 2012, 10:27 am

Cool then I guess it's settled
    Pianta
    Pianta

New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta July 19th 2012, 10:31 am

Good!
    Nnoitra Hushimo
    Nnoitra Hushimo

New staff order? - Page 2 56qtD

New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by Nnoitra Hushimo July 19th 2012, 1:32 pm

Schnickelfritz wrote:Okay, considering the recent onslaught of new members, Neo, Pianta, Nuva and myself need to be moderators now so yeah get on that kthxbai
    And yours truly.

<------------
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

New staff order? - Page 2 ZtZYh

New staff order? - Page 2 Blackr10New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11New staff order? - Page 2 Zigzag10New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13New staff order? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 20th 2012, 6:16 pm

The three most affected by this are sykog, Light Dash, and myself. Now sykog, he's a great guy. I've never been able to truly connect with him, like with MSN or WLM or whatever, but I feel like if I did we'd have some good chats.

I bring up sykog's case first because of how ridiculous it has become. This guy has been demoted and promoted several times. Frankly, we're lucky to have him still show up, especially because it has never been handled well. More than once he's been demoted without being told in advance, and as far as I know, he's never been happy about it. His recent demotion was also this way, but I talked with him and Zezima, and he was understanding. His recent two promotions came by my hand to try and help the site, and he has done some coding for the site, so there's no reason to think he didn't deserve it.

Light Dash is a curious case, in that he does have plenty of provided skills to the site, as I've been told. To be truthful he never really was one I connected with. LD does seem like a good guy, but he's often busy with life. If I remember correctly, long ago the affliation between Sonic World and The Sonic Community lead to a sort of merger deal, with the staff of the Sonic World being allowed to take up administration here, and vice versa. However, the deal hasn't stood well at all. I regret that I didn't take enough interest in Sonic World, and seeing how it ended is pretty depressing, honestly. Nevertheless, Light Dash is the last left standing, and while it is understandable to demote him for that, it does sort of break that merger deal from long ago. However, that is what gives Light Dash his power for the moment. I suggest that if he does want to continue being admin, to show the site some attention.

And then there's me. I've seen many things in these past few years. I've seen friendships formed, loyalties betrayed, falls and rises, good and evil. What surprises me is how I can't differentiate between which site. SEGA of America's forum, Revolution of Gaming's forum, and this forum. Each of them has shown these qualities, although only ROG suffered the worst because of it. What makes it sad is that I think many, myself included, came here to avoid all the problems of those forums, and forums like that. They wanted the good, and to avoid the bad. And thankfully, The Sonic Community has delivered on this very well. What makes us special is really in the name itself: The Sonic Community. Yes, we're Sonic fans, in some shape or form, but we're a community of them. We gather together, we work together, we made this site together. Literally at times too. It's an impressive effort. Which makes this topic a great thing.

See, in ancient times if a staff member was no longer fit for the job, they'd be dropped unceremoniously, without a word to the site or even the member in question. It's a poor business practice that the likes of SEGA of America used. Many of us remember how Save Sonic was formed because of that. So to form a staff topic to handle this was a smart decision. Now we the community are involved. And as we are a community, our opinion is something important.

Now, in this case, the arguments against my demotion and for it are numerous. The arguments for it come mostly from Mly, and slightly from Neo. Zezima agrees with Neo, but he has no words on the matter. So let's cover Neo's, since his is shorter and more ease to run through. Neo points out that I have nothing to offer the site as admin, and that he's gone by that belief to try and have me demoted. However, that is obviously not true. True, I do not know CSS and coding as much as I'd like, but I do know basic HTML, and I do know a good chunk of the Administration Panel, so I'm not completely out of it all.

And as for Mly's argument, the main stand against me and my status as admin. A couple months ago, Mly finally reached his admin powers, and was surprised at what I had done for the site. He was surprised I had been modest about it all. Truthfully, I do not have as much to do without expertise in programming, but I do have some basic knowledge, and I've used that, and gathered more, just for this site alone. Much of TSCollection I've done some messing with, and not just for my comics and stories. Had I been blessed with better programming skills, they'd be shiny and improved by now, but I do what I can until I can learn more.

Aside from basic stuff, TSCollection, and other minor details, my main mission has been to try and delegate the site while Zezima is wrapped up in life. I've felt strong loyalty to this site for many years. For me, I wasn't sure how this site would work, if it could surpass the Revolution of Gaming, but it rose, exponentially. We've got an arcade, an entire page filled with stories and artwork that we get to promote, we've even got a few other surprises buried away. How many forums can claim that to fame? Only the best ones, and Zezima showed us, we're getting closer and closer to the top, to the best. Even now, we've got these highlighted buttons. I didn't think Forumotion would allow it, but there they are! Sure, it's a minor detail, but it's proof we're still getting better.

But then, despite all this, I come to this topic, a topic that says despite my loyal efforts, I'm not fit as admin. Keep in mind this is not the only demotion I've had. I have been demoted once, along with Miles24, another great contributor to the site. The two of us were not happy about it, and we lost a great member because of it. But I stayed, and really, I'm not totally sure why. I remember why I was demoted, and it was similar to this. The only difference was it was Zezima and Cy-Fox behind it, instead of Zezima and Mly.

Regardless, I stayed, and I think it was because of that loyalty. But it was no longer to Zezima, he had done what SOA did to me, to the ROG, it burned the loyalty I had for it away, and I even left for awhile. But I stayed loyal to TSC. The site had done good for me, and I made many great friends, and I'm still making great friends! Even now, I see all these people standing up for me. It makes me smile, without a doubt.

Some time later, I was repromoted, by Plix I believe, and soon after Zezima returned. There had been a lot of talk about how to handle TSC, so far as even forming a new forum because TSC was having technical issues at the time. Some were okay with it, others weren't, but as I am now, I stayed loyal to the site, and pushed to keep it alive. And Zezima came back, and the site improved. And, well, fell apart again, but this little curve trick was necessary for progress, and now we're here, and it is glorious, for the most part.

I can't really remember how I got over the issues I had with Zezima. Maybe it was out of some leftover loyalty, or maybe I just figured it was better to be friends again, but after that I returned to being loyal to him. And I defended him, no matter what anyone said. People have called names to him or doubted him. He's even said it about himself. But it didn't matter, I knew better. I see Zezima as someone who has some great potential, and we see it surface every time the site improves.

Even after the outburst that we should not speak of, I gave Zezima the benefit of the doubt. To be truthful, he has a lot of growing to do. It'll bring out his potential once he does, but it's something he has to do. And it made me feel prideful that I'd be friends with this kid, this kid who's grown and changed so much since I first met him. Years ago, someone told me to give this kid a chance, that he had potential. He stood up for the kid, and I trusted the guy, so I trusted in Zezima. It paid off. He's someone Zezima admires very closely, and even though he's gone, he's led to a lot of great things happening.

But today, I feel as if these words are betrayed. The kid with such high potential wants me demoted, and out of the way. I'm not sure why, other than what Mly and Neo have said. And if he shares those sentiments, so be it. Perhaps this post will make him see otherwise.

However, I'm still loyal to this site. Just look at this post. By far, including my stories, this may be the longest post I have ever written. Possibly for any site ever. I still remain loyal to The Sonic Community, and to make a quote, I believe in Zezima Hushimo.

I want to stay as admin, and stay as a direct advisor to our head admin himself, but this depends on him. I want to see the best for him, like an older brother to his younger brother. But this depends on him. I'm sorry for how long this post turned out to be, but I wanted to say a lot, so there you go. Here's hoping the site continues to improve.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

New staff order? - Page 2 GOMM8

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 20th 2012, 6:45 pm

I just think ALL of you are taking this too serious. Look, truth is, we are a small Sonic Fansite, we are still small, and we have no reason to Demote The Freedom Fighter, we gain nothing from it, in fact, I say we'd lose something for it.

This site isn't going to magically get bigger/better by lowering the amount of staff, there's no reason to.

TFF is a loyal guy/member, leave him as an Admin.
    Pianta
    Pianta

New staff order? - Page 2 Medalw11New staff order? - Page 2 Medalg10New staff order? - Page 2 White10New staff order? - Page 2 Medal13

: Female
     Rep21

Post by Pianta July 21st 2012, 6:17 am

TFF for admin!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content