5 posters

Sonic is doing something new

Dilan101
    Dilan101

Sonic is doing something new WFmvl

Rep0

Sonic is doing something new Empty Sonic is doing something new

Post by Dilan101 September 16th 2012, 11:54 am

I'm pretty sure that most people have already gotten wind of this, but apparently they're moving away from the boost formula to try something "new".

I've gotten used to the boost formula, since it works. However sonic's gameplay styles are always changing and evolving, so its no surprise that this has come to an end.

I like the idea of them moving to a new style of gameplay, as long as they do it well. The only thing that worries me is that Takashi Lizuka said in an interview that they think they've achieved a 2D platform for the basic Sonic games with this Sonic 4 series, and that this game will "evolve" the 3D games in the same way Sonic 4 has for 2D entries.

I did not like sonic 4 ep 1. Didn't play 2, though I vaguely payed attention to a lets play of it. Apparently it was an improvement but not much of one. I can't judge because I havent played it but it does look better than the older version ( the inclusion of tails helps ).

But if they're going to evolve 3D the same way they "evolved" 2D, Im not sure I want them to change the playstyle XD.

So, what are your thoughts on this? And what do you think the new playstyle will be? I'm pretty sure its not going to be the adventure formula unless sega is just trolling us
    Pooka
    Pooka

Sonic is doing something new Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep1

Sonic is doing something new Empty Re: Sonic is doing something new

Post by Pooka September 16th 2012, 1:01 pm

Source links, please? I also don't know how will they put this in either.
    PROTECHMODZ
    PROTECHMODZ

Sonic is doing something new WFmvl

Rep0

Post by PROTECHMODZ September 16th 2012, 3:26 pm

Sometimes change can be good sometimes it can be bad =/
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic is doing something new VOZLn

Sonic is doing something new Blackr10Sonic is doing something new Medalw11Sonic is doing something new Zigzag10Sonic is doing something new Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 17th 2012, 2:21 pm

*Sonic is doing gimmicks again.
    *ShiningStar*
    *ShiningStar*

Sonic is doing something new Medal13

: Female
     Rep10

Post by *ShiningStar* October 17th 2012, 4:47 pm

Maybe the player can control how fast Sonic goes. Like if the want him to go to top speeds, they can hold a specific button while running. I don't know how well that idea would work though. It may be a bit tedious.
    Zez
    Zez

Sonic is doing something new Blackr10Sonic is doing something new Medalw11Sonic is doing something new Zigzag10Sonic is doing something new Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez November 7th 2012, 11:31 pm

Controlling how fast you go in a largely momentum-based platformer? Are you stupid?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content