So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2

-RT
    -RT

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 WFmvl

: Male
     Rep1

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Empty So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2

Post by -RT November 26th 2012, 12:52 am

Hello everyone. Yeah, I finally did it. First, I've beaten SA2 after my GF gifted it to me along with the Battle DLC. My thoughts:
    The Good: Story and characters are good. The ending was damn satisfying. The little details throughout the game are the icing on a cake. For me, Sonic is at his coolest in this game. Shadow is interesting. Knuckles is not a moron unlike most other games. Rouge is... well, it's better than the fanservice that was in the first one. Eggman is pretty awesome. Tails is actually kinda cool, even though I hated his guts in Sonic 2.
    The graphics are fine, although lipsync could use some improvement. Also, the borders in the cutscenes are disappointing.
    The music is good, I even liked the music in Knuckles' stages, even though I'm not a big fan of rap.
    Levels are a mixed bag. Sonic's and Shadow's are, of course, good, even though I think Shadow could have some more of them - he is on the box art, after all. Tails and Robotnik are really fun, an improvement over Gamma's. Rouge and Knuckles... yeah... They tried to make their levels take more time, than in the first one, but they kinda overdid them.
    The bosses - pretty nice, all four of them. I mean, what's up with five mirror matches? And three variations on the "GUN Walker" boss? Oh well, they were tight on the budget.
    The level structure was infuriating first, but I got used to it.
    Omochao is still infuriating. Especially should you lose to a boss just once. The same applies to Tikal in the first one.
    Overall, the game is pretty good. After I've beaten SA2, I decided to go back and finally beat SA1 (DX Steam version). Before, I've only beaten Sonic's and Tails' stories. I started from scratch and have beaten it tonight.
    Sonic's story - cool levels, especially Speed Highway (even though I didn't like the At Dawn section, it's a better Knuckles level) and Twinkle Park (the music is awesome), good story.
    Tails' story - pretty harmless.
    Knuckles' story - pretty nice, especially compared to long and huge levels of SA2.
    Amy's story - what's up with the amount of panty shots? Good thing it's short.
    Big's story - once you look up the controls, it's not that bad. WTF-ish, yeah, but I didn't hate Big. And I kinda like his theme song.
    Gamma's story - probably the best story, though it could use better presentation. Also, the theme song is badass.
    Super Sonic - the amount of cutscenes is insane. They should've made everything before the boss one cutscene. It's not like you do anything in it before the boss.
    Overall, the game is awesome. I loved how each character's story has altered cutscenes - I always though it's because each story is the character telling what happened. Of course, they'd not remember every word exactly or would lie a bit and say it was THEM who defeated that particular boss and not the other ones and stuff like this. And the Rashomon way of storytelling with each story having different pieces of the same puzzle is cool, I love it.
    So yeah. Nice games. I wonder why didn't they make Sonic Adventure 3... oh, wait
    So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Sonic-the-hedgehog-2006-xbox360
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Empty Re: So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2

Post by Yioibon November 26th 2012, 1:34 am

I remember being glued to my Dreamcast playing those games....good times.

Rep0

Post by 9.9.99 May 26th 2013, 11:14 pm

i enjoyed sa1 back in the dc days but the camera in sa2 wast very enjoyable still an ok game but not horrible
    knightofthewind417
    knightofthewind417

Rep0

Post by knightofthewind417 May 27th 2013, 3:34 pm

I really enjoy sa1, but I haven't managed to beat it yet. Why, you ask? Big the cat! Why was he even implemented into the game to begin with? He hardly has anything to do with perfect chaos! I'm having a hard time mastering his controls.

As for sa2.... I'm having a miserable time with it. I don't like that you have to play as several characters in one story, and the controls have felt a bit slippery for me. I'm stuck on Crazy Gadget in the Hero story, and Final Chase in the Dark story. I hate anti gravity controls :(
    iHawk
    iHawk

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk May 27th 2013, 9:37 pm

Both games were fire, SA2 was pretty hot though
    SA1 was a really good game, I usually stick with Sanic and Tails though. I really liked the music, story and everything about it, feelings have stuck with me even as I've gotten older and replayed them

But I just can't get enough of that SA2
    Anonymous

Post by Guest May 29th 2013, 1:27 am

Sonic Adventure is still my favorite game. Recently got DX for Steam. Not as good as the original in a few ways, notably lighting and Chao Gardens (though seeing the stats is a must, never did know what I was doing back on the DC). Still awesome, though.
    Fikachu
    Fikachu

Rep1

Post by Fikachu May 31st 2013, 10:11 pm

@-RT
    Congrats for beating Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

By the way, I've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 as well

Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Imagee10

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 White10So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Medalg10So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Medal13So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 2nd 2013, 5:28 pm

Fikachu wrote:@-RT
    Congrats for beating Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

By the way, I've beaten Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 as well

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Tumblr_m7na7eGkwA1rqfhi2o1_250
    Agedgraph
    Agedgraph

Rep0

Post by Agedgraph June 4th 2013, 12:00 pm

Congratulations but I admit your right about Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) being Sonic Adventure 3 because of what people ripped from the CD http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Secrets:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)
    Zez
    Zez

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 VOZLn

So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Blackr10So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Medalw11So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Zigzag10So, I've finally beaten SA1 and 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 28th 2014, 10:19 pm

Agedgraph wrote:Congratulations but I admit your right about Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) being Sonic Adventure 3 because of what people ripped from the CD http://info.sonicretro.org/Game_Secrets:Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(2006_game)

I'm not sure I'm understanding? How's this evidence of it being intended as Sonic Adventure 3, spiritually or otherwise?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content