A Few Suggestions

collinsexton
    collinsexton

A Few Suggestions WFmvl

: Male
     Rep0

A Few Suggestions Empty A Few Suggestions

Post by collinsexton July 28th 2014, 3:21 am

Hey everyone! I just had a few small suggestions to the site. They mainly bug me, and they may not bug everyone else, so changes don't need to be made if they don't need to be made.

Email - For some reason, when I created my account, and received the activation email, the subject said "Welcome to". When I went to open it, it said "Welcome to forums...". It was just a small bug that bothered me. I signed up for a couple of forums at the same time, and I couldn't instantly identify this one.

New Topic Link - I don't know why this bothered me, but when I went to create a new topic, it took me forever to find the new topic link. I would consider changing "Topic" to "New Topic", unless you think otherwise.

Users Page - Some of the information on the users page is black, and doesn't go well with the theme, and it's difficult to read. I would suggest changing to a more contrasting color.

But, I'm not here to critique or write a review. I'm just offering my own opinionated advice. If others think otherwise, that's completely ok. I don't want to be the one to bring sudden changes to a forum that members aren't satisfied with.

Cheers!,
    Collin
    sykog
    sykog

A Few Suggestions Imagee10

A Few Suggestions Blackr10A Few Suggestions Medalw11A Few Suggestions Medalg10A Few Suggestions Zigzag10A Few Suggestions Medal13

Rep29

A Few Suggestions Empty Re: A Few Suggestions

Post by sykog July 28th 2014, 4:34 am

I think the topic icon is fine. It probably would be a good idea to add more contrast to the memberlist
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

A Few Suggestions 56qtD

A Few Suggestions Medalw11A Few Suggestions Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 28th 2014, 4:39 am

These are all fair points. Making the emails specific would be beneficial all around, changing the Topic button into a New Topic button would likely be more intuitive and eye catching to members, and the users page would be more legible and viewtiful with a higher contrast on the font color.

I've passed these suggestions on to the admins. Please feel free to share your thoughts if you notice anything else. Thank you for your feedback.
    Zez
    Zez

A Few Suggestions VOZLn

A Few Suggestions Blackr10A Few Suggestions Medalw11A Few Suggestions Zigzag10A Few Suggestions Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 28th 2014, 9:43 pm

@E-mail: I'll have a nice fireside chat with the Forumotion techies to see if they can't allow us more control over that facet of the site. Otherwise, it's impossible to modify at this juncture.

@New topic: Done.

@Profile colors: It's a simple CSS adjustment for most of the pages. Although some seem to be out of the jurisdiction of the templates we're allowed access. It would depend on which areas you're specifically referring to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content