Spam Policy

Plix
    Plix

Spam Policy VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Spam Policy Empty Spam Policy

Post by Plix March 24th 2009, 10:06 pm

I already posted this in the rules thread, but I feel that not enough have seen it, and I see no way else to contact the masses.

One word posts/post padding=ILLEGAL.
    Message boards are meant for people to discuss certain topics. Like it or not, we would like this forum to have intelligent posts in it, not just one word thoughts like:

Random Poster A wrote:lol
    Random Poster B wrote:fail
    Random Poster C wrote:lol
    Random Poster D wrote:INB4LOCK

OR, the epick winner:

Random Poster A wrote:
    Thoughtful Poster A wrote:I personally like bread. It's nutritious, and I like the taste. You can eat all types of things with bread, like meat and PB&J, or just eat it alone. Vegetarians and meat lovers and everybody else can eat this tasty treat because it's good for everyone!

This is commonly known as post padding, IE trying to up your post count for whatever reason, often posting short, random, thoughtless and/or irrelevant messages instead of posting thoughts that are worth reading.

Please note that this is not a warnable/bannable offense, but if you are a repeated offender, I will personally mark you as a spammer and be dead set against you. :Twisted!:

Please realize that if you are a repeated offender, I will probably send a PM or post in the thread, reminding you of the rules. If nothing is changed within a day or two, then you will most likely be warned.

Please also note that within a week or two after this rule is not shiny and new anymore, that this will be standard procedure and you will be expected to follow it without question, except in the Junk forum I'm trying to set up, where things will be much...how should we say it...lighter?

Until then, though, please clean up the forums and post more meaningful statements and such. When the newness wears off, this might just result in an instant warning.

Thanks,
    Supa

FAQ (PM me and I will post it in this thread)

Q: You said that any posts with only word are now considered spam. How much more substance can I honestly add to a post where I'm asking "Who?" to the OP (original poster)?

A: Truth is, you can't, and we don't expect you to. Things like this is ok, as long as You don't randomly do it in every single thread you post in (We see everything, MWAHAHA! :Twisted!: ).

Q: Are links considered spam?

A: This isn't as black and white as it seems. Links can be very helpful if a question is asked, and you are more than welcome to post them. However, rick rolling and the like is not to be done too often, like more than once a week or so. Same with YouTube videos or funny pictures. However, the Junk board accepts all of that nonsense, so post any link you want in it. If it is sensitive material, you must mark it as such. We don't want anyone getting in trouble at their school/home/work environment for stumbling on something that they didn't expect to be offensive. If you think you're crossing a line, you probably are. Be careful.

Q: What about in a poll? I can't just post yes or no?

A: Usually, the poster of the poll will want detailed responses as to why you think the way you do, otherwise he/she wouldn't have posed the question in the first place. Please refrain from one word answers any time you can, though.

Thanks,
    Supa and TSC staff

Last edited by SupaSEGA on October 19th 2010, 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Plix
    Plix

Spam Policy VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Spam Policy Empty Re: Spam Policy

Post by Plix April 2nd 2009, 10:01 pm

ATTN: ALL

Effective Friday, April 10th, both verbal and permanent warnings will be handed out to users who abuse their posting rights by breaking this rule. Please note that not every short reply is an offense, so just plan on putting a little more effort into your thoughts. Remember, if you think you're crossing the line, you probably are. Don't risk being warned. It will be up to the staff to decide what is abusive and what is not.

Thanks for your understanding,

SupaSEGA