The Freedom Fighter
Army
Zez
8 posters

[Query] Dedicated Moderators

Zez
    Zez

[Query] Dedicated Moderators VOZLn

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Empty [Query] Dedicated Moderators

Post by Zez May 18th 2009, 4:03 pm

A Moderator for a forum?

Sonic: CC3, TFF

Random: Miles24

News: Zez

Input?

Last edited by Zezima on May 20th 2009, 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Army
    Army

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalg10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13[Query] Dedicated Moderators Rainbo10

Rep2

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Empty Re: [Query] Dedicated Moderators

Post by Army May 18th 2009, 5:05 pm

NO!
    Bad idea. Bad.
    That limits the usefulness and power of the mod. We always have at least one mod or admin at the site, now, what if we only had the Sonic Mod online, and there was spam in Random, who would stop it? We have to wait for the Sonic Mod to get online instead of stopping it right away with any mod.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Query] Dedicated Moderators ZtZYh

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators White10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13[Query] Dedicated Moderators 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 18th 2009, 5:15 pm

Yes, a good idea, depending on how you do it. If, for example, all mods can mod anywhere, but each assigned board is something they have to check, then good by me.
    But, I don't know if we need this yet.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

[Query] Dedicated Moderators GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 May 18th 2009, 5:56 pm

I say Let the mods still be general, but as TFF said, have them monitor specific places, this way, in case no one is online at the time for that area, the problem can still be handled.
    sykog
    sykog

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Imagee10

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalg10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog May 18th 2009, 9:15 pm

No, I like the mods to be able to moderate all the topics. Keep it as is.
    codeorange

[Query] Dedicated Moderators GOMM8

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalg10[Query] Dedicated Moderators White10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange May 18th 2009, 11:45 pm

I basically echo STA's words on this issue.

No, keep the mod format just the same. I prefer it this way, in all honesty. I really like it how collectively, all of us work as a team of mods to keep the boards clean, and we do it without any restrictions. We aren't isolated to just one or a few parts of the boards. We are all doing our parts to keep the entire board in good shape. Also, I care about every forum on our boards, so I'm dedicated to all those parts.
    Zez
    Zez

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez May 20th 2009, 4:02 pm

I want to have this format, because I don't want to demote CC3, Roterblitz, and XNinjaRed.
    RidersDX
    RidersDX

[Query] Dedicated Moderators WFmvl

Rep0

Post by RidersDX May 20th 2009, 4:10 pm

I prefer mods being able to mod all forums. They are much more useful and can really safe you from some big trouble you may get into. Trust me.
    Miles24
    Miles24

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators White10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13[Query] Dedicated Moderators 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 May 20th 2009, 4:13 pm

I don't see why that we would have to demote them even if we didn't use this format. With the amount of staff we have currently, there is always a point that the site is being monitored. I don't see much of a need as why we need specific Moderators and Administrators taking care of one specific section.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez May 20th 2009, 4:16 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 posts in Random, Characters and General Sonic. He never posts or discusses with the others about the actualy community issues or other boards.

XNinjaRed posted in the Discussion forum once or twice, but only 4 staff memebrs have consistently been involved in all aspects of the community, while other Moderators have not.
    Miles24
    Miles24

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators White10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13[Query] Dedicated Moderators 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 May 20th 2009, 5:34 pm

It still does not fully answer my question. Still, why not try this. We do assign these users to the respective sections. When the user is online, they have to watch over that section. When they cannot, it is up to the other staff members to fill the position until the user can return. If the user needs assistance, than a second staff member can be brought in to assist the other person if the problem cannot be solved by one member. Could this work?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

[Query] Dedicated Moderators ZtZYh

[Query] Dedicated Moderators Blackr10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medalw11[Query] Dedicated Moderators Zigzag10[Query] Dedicated Moderators White10[Query] Dedicated Moderators Medal13[Query] Dedicated Moderators 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 20th 2009, 7:19 pm

Or, you know, just have someone ask a mod for help if they need it (unless that's what you meant). Demoting off mods only puts the site at more risk. Assigning them (assuming my idea is the used one) gives more dedicated protection to the forum they are assigned to watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content