Sunset
NeoMetalSonic
Army
146 posters

Why did you choose your avatar?

Nuva
    Nuva

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Imagee10

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

: Male
     Rep20

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Empty Re: Why did you choose your avatar?

Post by Nuva January 23rd 2011, 1:30 am

I changed mine to this because I saw it and lol'd, mostly because Might Guy is my favorite Naruto char (granted, I don't watch it anymore, so I dunno who any of the new ones are), and I got TF2 relatively recently so I'm getting into that as well.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep67

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Empty Re: Why did you choose your avatar?

Post by Jmh January 23rd 2011, 2:32 am

Because this is my favorite Sonic pose. Also it reminds me slightly of my old Megaman avatar but with a Sonic twist to it.
    Shade
    Shade

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 VOZLn

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade January 23rd 2011, 4:48 am

nuva500 wrote:I changed mine to this because I saw it and lol'd, mostly because Might Guy is my favorite Naruto char (granted, I don't watch it anymore, so I dunno who any of the new ones are), and I got TF2 relatively recently so I'm getting into that as well.

It also says Dynamic Sentry.

It's clear you've chosen well there, Nuva.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa January 23rd 2011, 9:39 am

I like Pleinair.
    Shade
    Shade

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade January 23rd 2011, 10:45 am

Kuronoa wrote:I like Pleinair.

What's that?

I don't know what Pleinair is, sorry, and I can't see it in your avatar either.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa January 23rd 2011, 11:19 am

Sorry I wasn't clear. Pleinair is a character from Disgaea. She isn't a major character but the artist for the series Takehito Harada makes loads of pictures of her on his website/blog.

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 193043-disgaea_2_pleinair_01_large
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade January 23rd 2011, 11:25 am

Kuronoa wrote:Sorry I wasn't clear. Pleinair is a character from Disgaea. She isn't a major character but the artist for the series Takehito Harada makes loads of pictures of her on his website/blog.

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 193043-disgaea_2_pleinair_01_large

Oh, right, I understand

And a nice avatar it is too
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 ZtZYh

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Blackr10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 28th 2011, 7:18 pm

Because Lock's Quest needs to be played more.
    Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Locksquestds
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 28th 2011, 7:21 pm

Now this is the story all about how
    my blocks got flip turned upside down
    and I'd like to take a minute just play right there
    I'll tell you how I became a prince of a game called Tetris
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Blackr10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 11th 2011, 5:23 pm

Because my favorite artist made it for me. :D
    Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 32-44
    Eileanach
    Eileanach

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Eileanach February 11th 2011, 6:09 pm

My avatar is currently of Stitch dressed up as the Phantom of the Opera. Why such an odd thing? Well, Stitch is my favourite Disney character and Phantom of the Opera is one of my favourite musicals.

-not terribly interesting-
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon February 11th 2011, 9:35 pm

Sega Dude made me change it.
    Eileanach
    Eileanach

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Eileanach February 12th 2011, 8:19 am

Aw Yioibon, what did you have before hand?

I feel bad for posting again so soon but I changed mine to my Original Character, Eileanach, dressed up as Luigi from the Super Mario series. Just because she looks cute.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 12th 2011, 4:37 pm

I chose my avatar to show the world the proof of Shadow's ghost after he died in SA2.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Blackr10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Zigzag10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 12th 2011, 4:50 pm

But he didn't died
    Jmh
    Jmh

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 White10Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh February 12th 2011, 5:03 pm

.... Did he died?

I couldn't resist mate.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter February 12th 2011, 5:12 pm

He technically did. The Shadow we have now is different in personality and all.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 14th 2011, 9:16 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:But he didn't died
    I believe he did. It was Sega who revived and changed him.
    Schismatist
    Schismatist

Rep0

Post by Schismatist February 15th 2011, 3:06 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:But he didn't died
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:He technically did. The Shadow we have now is different in personality and all.
    You could say that for all Sonic characters, as with every game their personalities became even more inconsistent(Sonic Colors being the most different, but by far the best in my opinion). Shadow was a character with not much character established in the first place, infact, that's why he was so popular, because he was a mystery to the fans, even all the way to the end of the game. In Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog however, things are explained rather well actually(Sarcasm, because there's always that one guy who can't tell). No but really, I'm not too concerned about how Shadow was 10 years ago as the Sonic games have different(And for the most part better) writers, meaning all the characters are going to be different, and that's okay, because as a writer myself I want to see improvements and changes in the characters.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 15th 2011, 11:32 pm

Schismatist wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:He technically did. The Shadow we have now is different in personality and all.
    You could say that for all Sonic characters, as with every game their personalities became even more inconsistent(Sonic Colors being the most different, but by far the best in my opinion). Shadow was a character with not much character established in the first place, infact, that's why he was so popular, because he was a mystery to the fans, even all the way to the end of the game. In Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog however, things are explained rather well actually(Sarcasm, because there's always that one guy who can't tell). No but really, I'm not too concerned about how Shadow was 10 years ago as the Sonic games have different(And for the most part better) writers, meaning all the characters are going to be different, and that's okay, because as a writer myself I want to see improvements and changes in the characters.

Yes, but Shadow not only changed, he literally died in SA2. His ghost was at the end. Then Sega brought him back to life because he was a fan favorite. So he's now nothing but artificial in my opinion.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle February 15th 2011, 11:49 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Schismatist wrote:

Yes, but Shadow not only changed, he literally died in SA2. His ghost was at the end. Then Sega brought him back to life because he was a fan favorite. So he's now nothing but artificial in my opinion.

Good for you Dumbledore.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medalw11Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 Medal13

Rep20

Post by Nuva February 16th 2011, 8:20 am

I'm sorry to take this topic further off then it needs to, but didn't "Eggman"/Robotnik save Shadow after he fell, according to the Shadow the Hedgehog game? In one of the endings (which many believe to be the canon ending) Eggman reveals that he saved Shadow after he fell, and put him in a container so he could be cloned for androids and such, which puts him in the starting position for Sonic Heroes, the game right after SA2.
    Doodle
    Doodle

Rep5

Post by Doodle February 16th 2011, 11:51 am

nuva500 wrote:I'm sorry to take this topic further off then it needs to, but didn't "Eggman"/Robotnik save Shadow after he fell, according to the Shadow the Hedgehog game? In one of the endings (which many believe to be the canon ending) Eggman reveals that he saved Shadow after he fell, and put him in a container so he could be cloned for androids and such, which puts him in the starting position for Sonic Heroes, the game right after SA2.

Yeah, but Dumbledore here is being all poetic or something.
    Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Why did you choose your avatar? - Page 12 2nio02t

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox February 16th 2011, 4:15 pm

Back on topic here, my avatar's part of an image made by my friend Moddex for the Immortality Protocol Cy-Fox series.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 February 16th 2011, 4:31 pm

nuva500 wrote:I'm sorry to take this topic further off then it needs to, but didn't "Eggman"/Robotnik save Shadow after he fell, according to the Shadow the Hedgehog game? In one of the endings (which many believe to be the canon ending) Eggman reveals that he saved Shadow after he fell, and put him in a container so he could be cloned for androids and such, which puts him in the starting position for Sonic Heroes, the game right after SA2.
    three words to explain Sega's excuse to bring back Shadow (in a nutshell):

HORRIBLE PLOT HOLE

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content