Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Swimming Blackr10Swimming White10

: Female
     Rep-6

Swimming Empty Swimming

Post by Shadowsgirl May 30th 2009, 12:20 am

It's known that Sonic can't swim, but what about Shadow?

In SA2/SA2B, there are several scenes from the ARK where you can see the planet which, if it's not Earth, looks a lot like Earth in that it has a lot of water. So if the planet that the ARK orbits is a water covered world, and a genious scientist creates the Ultimate Lifeform, doesn't it make since that Shadow would have been created with the ability to swim? Or if he wasn't CREATED with the ability then I'd think that he'd have at LEAST been taught.

Further evidence for this is in the Olympic Games. On the aquatic events, Shadow actually swims using the crawl style of swimming while sonic has something called "underwater running" and even wears a life jacket.
    sykog
    sykog

Swimming Imagee10

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Medalg10Swimming Zigzag10Swimming Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Swimming Empty Re: Swimming

Post by sykog May 30th 2009, 12:27 am

Maybe he doesn't want to mess up his shoes, they must not be waterproof.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl May 30th 2009, 12:31 am

He could take them off. After all, in RIDERS, he wears differend shoes without the jets/rockets.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming ZtZYh

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Zigzag10Swimming White10Swimming Medal13Swimming 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 30th 2009, 4:05 pm

I suppose he could swim, though he probably doesn't care for it, since he'd be slower and all.
    Zez
    Zez

Swimming VOZLn

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Zigzag10Swimming Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 1st 2009, 9:36 am

He has no need to swim, but I believe he can swim better than Sonic, but worse than everyone else.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 1st 2009, 3:16 pm

He swam pretty good in the Olympic Games. At least he didn't need a life jacket like Sonic. XDDD
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Medalg10Swimming White10Swimming Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 1st 2009, 8:20 pm

You don't want to look for evidence on anything of fact in the Olympic Games. I'll say that right now.

I've seen more proof that Shadow can't swim then can though.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 1st 2009, 9:01 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:You don't want to look for evidence on anything of fact in the Olympic Games. I'll say that right now.

But if the planet they're on is largely water, and Gerald was a genius, then it would be DUMB to create an "Ultimate lifeform" that can't swim.
    It doesn't seem like Gerald would have made such a simple-minded mistake.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Medalg10Swimming White10Swimming Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 1st 2009, 11:58 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:You don't want to look for evidence on anything of fact in the Olympic Games. I'll say that right now.

But if the planet they're on is largely water, and Gerald was a genius, then it would be DUMB to create an "Ultimate lifeform" that can't swim.
    It doesn't seem like Gerald would have made such a simple-minded mistake.

I don't care what it seems like. I'm going by the stuff I've seen and know from experiencing it.

Besides, you say he wouldn't make a simple-minded mistake like that and then turn around and make a deal with someone as twisted as Black Doom. Honestly, what the heck was he thinking...
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming ZtZYh

Swimming Blackr10Swimming Medalw11Swimming Zigzag10Swimming White10Swimming Medal13Swimming 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 12:14 am

What have you seen then?
    He was thinking he could count on Shadow to deal with the situation. But the events following Day X ruined that which he taught Shadow to prevent.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 12:15 am

From what I've seen, he turned to Doom because every other way that gerald had tried resulted in failure. It was his only choice left.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 12:57 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:What have you seen then?
    He was thinking he could count on Shadow to deal with the situation. But the events following Day X ruined that which he taught Shadow to prevent.

I'm just going by his inability to swim in SA2. It may be in-game but it's more proof that he can't then can.

And it doesn't matter what Gerald thought. Don't make deals with creepy looking alien guys.

EDIT: I used too much words again. Saying "things I've seen and experienced it" got you all riled up.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 2:22 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

I'm just going by his inability to swim in SA2. It may be in-game but it's more proof that he can't then can.

And it doesn't matter what Gerald thought. Don't make deals with creepy looking alien guys.

EDIT: I used too much words again. Saying "things I've seen and experienced it" got you all riled up.
    What, when he fell in the ocean? The ocean he wouldn't be able to get out of?
    eye roll It matters. A lot.
    No, you not realizing the necessity and the brillance of Gerald in making the deal riled me up.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 3:12 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

I think because that was in-game, it was more a scenario of SEGA needing a void so they programed the game to kill you if you dropped him in the water. Or it could have simply counted as a death because there was no real way to get back to the path if he fell in. I know from an unwanted experiance.

Playing a mission on White Jungle a sudden noise in the other room made me jump and jerk the control stick and Shadow fell. By some MIRICALE, Shadow grabbed the edge of a platform and pulled himself up. I then looked around for a way to get back to the path. There wasn't really one except for one of those ancient shrines that created a row of rings to light dash across.

Sonic has shown to be more hydrophobic in several games than Shadow ever has. But Shadow has never, to my knowledge, made any sort of comment in a game about not being fond of water.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Swimming 56qtD

Swimming Medalw11Swimming Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 2nd 2009, 4:33 am

I'd say he can swim, but he's never been shown as being afraid of water or portrayed as unable to swim. Other than in game, you never actually see Shadow touch and form of water...
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Swimming VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 2nd 2009, 11:22 am

Shadow probably could swim out of sheer force of plot necessity.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 4:09 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

What, when he fell in the ocean? The ocean he wouldn't be able to get out of?
    eye roll It matters. A lot.

No, you not realizing the necessity and the brillance of Gerald in making the deal riled me up.

Damnit, I knew this would happen. People ganging up on me and making those rolling eyes at the things I say. I think I understand well enough though. But it's fine if you don't consider that enough proof that he can't swim. I wasn't trying to prove that though. Just that there is even less evidence of him being able to.

I've gotta remember to stay out of conversations like this otherwise my head will get hot like it is now and I'll get all angry again. There's essentionally no answer to this topic anyway.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm

CC3, I made a post pretty much calmly responding to your "in-game" comment. But by lack of mention, it seems that maybe you're ignoring it?
    I've seen a couple of fanfics where Shadow has been able to swim, so clearly some people think he can.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 7:17 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:CC3, I made a post pretty much calmly responding to your "in-game" comment. But by lack of mention, it seems that maybe you're ignoring it?
    I've seen a couple of fanfics where Shadow has been able to swim, so clearly some people think he can.

What difference would any of what you said here or there have made? He hasn't made any comments about not being fond of water because he tends not to complain about stuff like that or doesn't get into topics about his considerable weaknesses. It's the reason why so many think he's made out to be invinsible because no one ever hears anything about what Shadow is vulnerable too. And also, he's never said anything about being fond of water either.

And I also don't care what people think in their fanfics. There are still some people who believe his super form is called Hyper Shadow and that the stuff that happens in the Archie comics is cannonically connected to the games. Why in the world would any of that matter?

This is all just speculation that I no longer wish to be apart of any longer after these posts.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 8:56 pm

Just becuase he hasn't shown fondness for water doesn't mean he might not be able to swim. There are people in real life who can swim but don't absolutely LOVE the water. Just because he hasn't made some comment along the lines of "ZOMG! I'M PART FISH!" doesn't mean he can't swim. I myself can swim pretty good but I don't talk about it often.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 8:59 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:Just becuase he hasn't shown fondness for water doesn't mean he might not be able to swim. There are people in real life who can swim but don't absolutely LOVE the water. Just because he hasn't made some comment along the lines of "ZOMG! I'M PART FISH!" doesn't mean he can't swim. I myself can swim pretty good but I don't talk about it often.

If you think that then why in the world did you bring up the opposite and say "He hasn't shown any signs of not having a fondness for water" in a similar fashion. The only reason I said that is because you said something that had essentionally the same prinicipal and reasoning but was just the opposite. It just proves what I said about this speculation right.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:00 pm

Besides, the only opportunity Shadow had to swim and get back on the ground pre-M&S@TOG was the battle with Sonic, in which he'd still get killed even if he could swim.
    And even if he really couldn't swim, there's no reason he couldn't have learned how to anyway.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 9:07 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:And even if he really couldn't swim, there's no reason he couldn't have learned how to anyway.
    Shadow strikes me as the type of hedgehog who would realize that a lack of swimming ability is a handicap and so would probably get swimming lessons to get rid of his weakness.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 9:11 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:And even if he really couldn't swim, there's no reason he couldn't have learned how to anyway.
    Shadow strikes me as the type of hedgehog who would realize that a lack of swimming ability is a handicap and so would probably get swimming lessons to get rid of his weakness.

Sure, if you think Shadow could ignore his ego long enough to actually ask for help.

But I just went by the fact that Knuckles and Rouge could swim and the hedgehogs couldn't really. I know they weren't in huge ocean waters like them but then again I doubt the hunters would've drowned if they fell in in a similar fashion like them. They're aren't regular animals after all. But a weakness is still a weakness which is still why Sonic can't swim. Anything pertaining to Shadow hasn't been confirmed yet.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 9:20 pm

He wouldn't have to ask to learn. All he'd need to do is go to a lake and stay in the shallow area and pretty much teach himself. Or break into a swimming pool in the middle of the night, maybe?

Although you do have a point that nothing is set in stone. Until such a time, we are free to debate the matter.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content