The Freedom Fighter
sykog
Shadowsgirl
10 posters

Swimming

Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Swimming - Page 2 Blackr10Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Medalg10Swimming - Page 2 White10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep17

Swimming - Page 2 Empty Re: Swimming

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 9:22 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:He wouldn't have to ask to learn. All he'd need to do is go to a lake and stay in the shallow area and pretty much teach himself. Or break into a swimming pool in the middle of the night, maybe?

Although you do have a point that nothing is set in stone. Until such a time, we are free to debate the matter.

Teach himself? A person who doesn't know how to swim can teach themselves without any help from anybody else? No, I find that unlikly.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming - Page 2 Kz2PK

Swimming - Page 2 Blackr10Swimming - Page 2 White10

: Female
     Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 9:29 pm

I taught myself in swimming pools.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming - Page 2 ZtZYh

Swimming - Page 2 Blackr10Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Zigzag10Swimming - Page 2 White10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13Swimming - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:30 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Shadowsgirl wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:And even if he really couldn't swim, there's no reason he couldn't have learned how to anyway.
    Shadow strikes me as the type of hedgehog who would realize that a lack of swimming ability is a handicap and so would probably get swimming lessons to get rid of his weakness.

Sure, if you think Shadow could ignore his ego long enough to actually ask for help.

But I just went by the fact that Knuckles and Rouge could swim and the hedgehogs couldn't really. I know they weren't in huge ocean waters like them but then again I doubt the hunters would've drowned if they fell in in a similar fashion like them. They're aren't regular animals after all. But a weakness is still a weakness which is still why Sonic can't swim. Anything pertaining to Shadow hasn't been confirmed yet.
    Shadow's ego isn't that massive. (insert Shadow smily [why don't we have any?])
    Well, it's not like Shadow and pals could get back to the road anyway. The only time that he could was during his fight with Sonic, and as I said he'd get killed anyway.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 9:38 pm

I think TFF is right. Shadow may have some ego, but he's smart enough to realize that not being able to swim is a weakness that he could easily overcome.
    Besides, he could always take the approach of "You're going to teach me to swim and if you tell anyone about it I'll make you regret it!"
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Swimming - Page 2 Blackr10Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Medalg10Swimming - Page 2 White10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 9:41 pm

Yeah I know this. That's why I said he probably could if he ignored his ego long enough to do it. Read my words over guys.

I don't know what you mean by he'd get killed anyway TFF. You mean Sonic was going to kill him if he got back out?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming - Page 2 ZtZYh

Swimming - Page 2 Blackr10Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Zigzag10Swimming - Page 2 White10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13Swimming - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 9:46 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Yeah I know this. That's why I said he probably could if he ignored his ego long enough to do it. Read my words over guys.

I don't know what you mean by he'd get killed anyway TFF. You mean Sonic was going to kill him if he got back out?
    Yeah. Sonic could easily capitalize on the situation. I'm guessing the game makers just saved you the pain of loss.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:04 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:Yeah I know this. That's why I said he probably could if he ignored his ego long enough to do it. Read my words over guys.

Yeah. Sonic could easily capitalize on the situation. I'm guessing the game makers just saved you the pain of loss.

Well, it isn't as if Sonic hasn't killed before. I find it a bit hard to believe but I would say it's possible.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming - Page 2 ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 2nd 2009, 10:08 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Well, it isn't as if Sonic hasn't killed before. I find it a bit hard to believe but I would say it's possible.
    No, it's not that Sonic hasn't killed before (although I don't remember if Sonic actually did kill before that), it's not Shadow would not be able to survive the fight if he fell in the water.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:14 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

No, it's not that Sonic hasn't killed before (although I don't remember if Sonic actually did kill before that), it's not Shadow would not be able to survive the fight if he fell in the water.

But you said that even if he could get back out he would still be killed right?
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 10:16 pm

I think he meant that Sonic's attacks would keep Shadow in the water until he drowned.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:21 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:I think he meant that Sonic's attacks would keep Shadow in the water until he drowned.

I considered that but for some reason it didn't sound right.
    Knucklesownsyou280
    Knucklesownsyou280

Swimming - Page 2 GOMM8

Rep2

Post by Knucklesownsyou280 June 2nd 2009, 10:26 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:I think he meant that Sonic's attacks would keep Shadow in the water until he drowned.
    I thought Shadow was immortal. He can't die, meaning he couldn't drown.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 June 2nd 2009, 10:35 pm

Knucklesownsyou280 wrote:
    I thought Shadow was immortal. He can't die, meaning he couldn't drown.

Shadow can die. Just not by natural death I'm assuming.
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 10:39 pm

Immortal in terms that natural causes, like cancer or heart failure won't affect him. If you threw him in a blender and chopped him into itty bitty pieces....I don't think he'd live through it.
    SonicKlonoa
    SonicKlonoa

Swimming - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by SonicKlonoa June 2nd 2009, 10:56 pm

Shadowsgirl wrote:Further evidence for this is in the Olympic Games. On the aquatic events, Shadow actually swims using the crawl style of swimming while sonic has something called "underwater running" and even wears a life jacket.
    Therefore, SHADOW CAN'T SWIM.

Here's a cookie for your efforts. Cookie
    Shadowsgirl
    Shadowsgirl

Swimming - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep-6

Post by Shadowsgirl June 2nd 2009, 11:44 pm

SonicKlonoa wrote:
    Shadowsgirl wrote:Further evidence for this is in the Olympic Games. On the aquatic events, Shadow actually swims using the crawl style of swimming while sonic has something called "underwater running" and even wears a life jacket.
    Therefore, SHADOW CAN'T SWIM.

Here's a cookie for your efforts. Cookie

Explain how Sonic not being able to swim automatically means that Shadow can't?
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Medalg10Swimming - Page 2 Zigzag10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 5:32 pm

Shadow can't swim. He relies on his jet shoes.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Swimming - Page 2 ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter January 1st 2010, 5:46 pm

Gamma The Great wrote:Shadow can't swim. He relies on his jet shoes.
    So why does that mean he can't swim?
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Swimming - Page 2 VOZLn

Swimming - Page 2 Medalw11Swimming - Page 2 Medalg10Swimming - Page 2 Zigzag10Swimming - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 5:53 pm

Gamma The Great wrote:Shadow can't swim. He relies on his jet shoes.
    So why does that mean he can't swim?

Let me reword it. He will probably choose not to swim.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content