NeoMetalSonic
Zez
Knuckles5000
26 posters

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes

Poll

Sonic Heroes?

[ 8 ]
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_le1131%Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [31%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_le1135%Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [35%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_le1119%Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [19%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_le110%Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_le1115%Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Bar_ri11 [15%] 

Total Votes: 26
    Independence76

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 GOMM8

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Empty Re: Your opinion of Sonic Heroes

Post by Independence76 July 5th 2009, 10:50 pm

I have to agree on Super Racer Z with that. I may hate all the games, but some were better than others. ShTH was that last Sonic game I ever played. That was almost 4 years ago.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 VOZLn

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 July 5th 2009, 10:51 pm

I could retaliate but I severely hate this topic so I won't.

But I will say that they looked 'more' plastic in Shadow the Hedgehog then in Heroes for me.
    Independence76

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 July 5th 2009, 11:12 pm

This was all VERY PAINFUL for me to look at (thank God for the AdBlock Plus addon for Firefox), but to prove his point, I think it was probably worth it.

Barbie Doll (plastic):
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Pooper-scooper-barbie-doll

Now that we know what plastic looks like, lets do a comparison.

Shadow The Hedgehog:
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Shadowth

Sonic Heroes:
    Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Shadow001

Seriously, what looks like plastic more?
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 July 5th 2009, 11:23 pm

Independence76 wrote:This was all VERY PAINFUL for me to look at (thank God for the AdBlock Plus addon for Firefox), but to prove his point, I think it was probably worth it.

Barbie Doll (plastic):

Shadow The Hedgehog:

Sonic Heroes:

I'm talking about the ingame cutscenes... I thought that's what we were all talking about... "Seriously"...

And there is a difference... a very small one but it's still there... I thought other people noticed...

No need to be a jerk about it...
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 56qtD

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 6th 2009, 12:02 am

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:This was all VERY PAINFUL for me to look at (thank God for the AdBlock Plus addon for Firefox), but to prove his point, I think it was probably worth it.

Barbie Doll (plastic):

Shadow The Hedgehog:

Sonic Heroes:

I'm talking about the ingame cutscenes... I thought that's what we were all talking about... "Seriously"...

And there is a difference... a very small one but it's still there... I thought other people noticed...

No need to be a jerk about it...
    I thought he didn't look plastic in the in game utscenes, only a bit shiny. Sonic Heroes gave off a fake plastic feel ingame, in the prerendered cutscenes, and in the ingame cutscenes.

Although it did come off as a bit rude.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 July 6th 2009, 12:12 am

Yeah. There are times when people wish their opinions could just BE facts. But I know Sonic Heroes wasn't a bad game so I should be content. I'll get out of everyone's hair now.
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 July 6th 2009, 12:41 am

I'm not trying to be rude, I only comprised a comparison.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 July 6th 2009, 1:12 am

Independence76 wrote:I'm not trying to be rude, I only comprised a comparison.

Okay then.
    Zez
    Zez

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez July 6th 2009, 5:03 am

Sonic Heroes. You want to know how bad it was? It was so extremely horrible, I kid you not, I have not played a video game after finishing it. It was so god awful, I just got up and said "that's it" and sold my Gamecube. If this is what the gaming industry really had to offer, I did not plan on waiting and wasting my money on more. I really, honestly have not played another Sonic game, let alone another video game entirely since Sonic Heroes. It single-handedly depleted my faith for a while. Shadow The Hedgehog, however was the only game comprable to Sonic Heroes in pure awfulness. Again, I never played it, but just the premise and trailers make me want to bang my head against a wall.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Imagee10

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic July 6th 2009, 9:55 am

Zezima wrote:Sonic Heroes. You want to know how bad it was? It was so extremely horrible, I kid you not, I have not played a video game after finishing it. It was so god awful, I just got up and said "that's it" and sold my Gamecube. If this is what the gaming industry really had to offer, I did not plan on waiting and wasting my money on more. I really, honestly have not played another Sonic game, let alone another video game entirely since Sonic Heroes. It single-handedly depleted my faith for a while. Shadow The Hedgehog, however was the only game comprable to Sonic Heroes in pure awfulness. Again, I never played it, but just the premise and trailers make me want to bang my head against a wall.
    ..............That is one of the most pathetic thing I've read.....and I've been to 4chan
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 ZtZYh

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 6th 2009, 3:16 pm

For one, your kind of overexaggerating Zezima. People have played Superman 64 and lived on to game.
    Anyway, I'd say Shadow was worse than SH. I personally think the models look worse than Heroes, the story in Heroes was more childish, but it had less overdrama (though I can't say which story I'd prefer), as far I remember, no plotholes (aside from the moon), and it had more references to the good old days.
    sykog
    sykog

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 8th 2009, 1:04 am

Ok, if we are going to compare Heroes with Shadow, Shadow is much worse. I think Heroes was a great game aside from the cheesiness. Shadow's game had an ever worse storyline and was also cheesy but it didn't even have good gameplay either. Heroes did aside from Team Rose, which you basically have do do each level twice, since you pretty much get an A your first try, so it's about a 10th of the gameplay.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 8th 2009, 5:38 pm

I thought it was okay.
    Fannie91
    Fannie91

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Fannie91 July 8th 2009, 10:58 pm

Love that game, reccomend it to anyone as a good Gamecube game.
    Independence76

Rep4

Post by Independence76 July 8th 2009, 10:58 pm

It's final.

Sonic Heroes is the worst game I've ever played.
    Sunset
    Sunset

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Kz2PK

Rep2

Post by Sunset July 9th 2009, 4:24 am

I actually really liked it. It did have it's flaws, and it's annoyances, but it was a cute, fun game in my opinion. Definitely underrated by much of the sonic fan.... World.
    Zez
    Zez

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez December 17th 2009, 6:29 pm

Bump.
    sykog
    sykog

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalg10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 17th 2009, 9:17 pm

Zezima wrote:Bump.
    Why?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord December 18th 2009, 12:29 am

I wouldn't call it great, but I enjoyed it
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 18th 2009, 12:54 am

It was okay.

Sonic Adventures, in my opinion, has been the only good 'next-gen' Sonic game. All of the newer ones have had 'alright' things about them but nothing great about them over-all. SEGA really needs to hit one outta the park soon.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom December 18th 2009, 4:29 pm

'Twas decent. The team mechanics reminded me a bit of Animaniacs on the Genesis (a game I tend to get nostalgic over), and done to greater effect for navigation and attack. Sometimes it was a bit unwieldy to manage all three characters at once, but I survived. The acting was silly, the bigger offenders like Amy, Cream, Big, Charmy and Omochao (when I am king, Omochao will be placed in the gunge tank in Ye Olde Towne Square). Some of the levels for every other team seemed a bit unbalanced (I prefer the Team Sonic levels over the others). I did always want to have Sonic, Tails and Knuckles at the same time, and this fits the bill very well. Most of the level designs are sound, and the Bosses and Special Stages work as well.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 ZtZYh

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Blackr10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medalw11Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Zigzag10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 White10Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 Medal13Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter December 18th 2009, 4:34 pm

Poor Omochao; his awesomeness never getting loved.
    fantanoice
    fantanoice

Your opinion of Sonic Heroes - Page 3 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by fantanoice December 19th 2009, 5:20 am

I quite liked it. Had some challenges, a decent levels, decent storyline, etc.

My only problem was its atrocious collision-detection engine *falls through floor*.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content