+2
Tailsfox321
Miles24
6 posters

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival

Miles24
    Miles24

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Imagee10

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalw11The SNES- The Genesis' Rival White10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13The SNES- The Genesis' Rival 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep2

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Empty The SNES- The Genesis' Rival

Post by Miles24 December 5th 2008, 8:13 pm

The Super Nintendo Entertainment system was the rival of the SEGA Genesis in the 1990s and is known to have some of the "Crown Jewels" of numerous Nintendo franchises. If you did own one, what games did you have for it?
    Tailsfox321
    Tailsfox321

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival WFmvl

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10

Rep0

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Empty Re: The SNES- The Genesis' Rival

Post by Tailsfox321 December 5th 2008, 8:45 pm

The Super Nintendo, my very first game system before I played a Sega game. I really enjoyed playing it. I can't remember all the games I had, but I remember some of them (* means one of my favorites)...

Home Alone
    Super Mario Kart
    Super Mario World*
    Super Mario All-stars
    Star Fox*
    Yoshi Safari*
    Kirby Super Star*
    Tiny Toons Buster Busts Loose*

Though not a game, Super Game Boy rocked. It allowed you to play Game Boy games on TV with color. It's like the GameCube's Game Boy Player, except older.
    Miles24
    Miles24

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalw11The SNES- The Genesis' Rival White10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13The SNES- The Genesis' Rival 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 5th 2008, 8:54 pm

I remember that. It also created a banner around the screen for each game. It's still hard to believe that I still have my Super Nintendo.
    Tailsfox321
    Tailsfox321

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival WFmvl

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Tailsfox321 December 5th 2008, 8:58 pm

Miles24 wrote:I remember that. It also created a banner around the screen for each game. It's still hard to believe that I still have my Super Nintendo.
    Yup, it did that. I remember Pokemon Blue, Donkey Kong Land were some of the games that did that. Also, I remember my dad having Space Invaders for Game Boy, pop that into Super Game Boy and it gave an option play it in a way that looked like a Super NES game. coolguy

I still have mine as well and it still works. Last time I used it, I played Super Mario World. Brought back memories.
    sykog
    sykog

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalw11The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalg10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Zigzag10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 5th 2008, 9:02 pm

I dont have one but I played the GBA version of Zelda Link to the Past, which is one of my favorite games ever.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 5th 2008, 9:06 pm

It is a good game, even in its original version. It's actually the only Zelda game that I have played and liked.
    sykog
    sykog

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Blackr10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalw11The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalg10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Zigzag10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 6th 2008, 1:13 pm

Miles24 wrote:It is a good game, even in its original version. It's actually the only Zelda game that I have played and liked.
    Have you played TP, OoT, or Phantom Hourglass? They are all awesome. Im a big Zelda fan by the way.
    Miles24
    Miles24

Rep2

Post by Miles24 December 6th 2008, 6:12 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Miles24 wrote:It is a good game, even in its original version. It's actually the only Zelda game that I have played and liked.
    Have you played TP, OoT, or Phantom Hourglass? They are all awesome. Im a big Zelda fan by the way.

I tried some of them, but they didn't appeal to me as much as the other Franchises. I usually follow the Mario, Metroid, and Kirby series the most.
    codeorange

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival GOMM8

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalg10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival White10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13

Rep6

Post by codeorange February 20th 2009, 2:46 am

Believe it or not, the SNES was the first gaming system that I owned all by myself. My older sister and me shared the old original NES, and I always remember playing Super Mario Bros. 3 on it when I was like 5. Then around late 1996/early 1997 I finally got the SNES. Yeah, a bit too late because the N64 started up. The very first game on the SNES I ever played was Yoshi's Island, and from there I got to playing many games.

Here's what I played:
    Yoshi's Island
    Super Mario Bros. All-Stars
    Super Mario World
    Battleship
    Yoshi's Cookie
    Krusty's Super Fun House (didn't like this one)
    NCAA Football
    Old Madden Games

That's all I can think of right now, but here's the thing...it's odd that a Nintendo system led me to my favorite video game character in Tails. A friend introduced me to the SEGA Genesis, and we played a couple Sonic games. I was hooked the very first time I ever saw Tails.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival VOZLn

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medalw11The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Zigzag10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival White10The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern March 11th 2009, 7:52 pm

super mario bros all-stars
    super mario world
    mario kart
    super battle tank
    madden NFL 95 and 93
    mario paint
    super empire strikes back
    and alot more

Bio:first console i ever owned, i dug an atari 2600 out of my grandparents attic. Still works to this day and when i am not playing call of duty or ace combat i am playing SMW.
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival GOMM8

The SNES- The Genesis' Rival Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan March 30th 2009, 5:28 pm

SNES is my 2nd favourite console, I love it! I only have Donkey Kong Country 1 & 2, Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars and a Sailor Moon fighting game for it, but I'm planning on getting some more one day! I have loads of SNES ROMS on an emulator though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content