The ancient lands.

4 posters

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments.

XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Imagee10

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalg10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Zigzag10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Empty Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments.

Post by XNinjaRed June 27th 2009, 8:40 am

You know one of those times where you hear someone describe something, you think it just sounds stupid, then you actually give it a chance and go "hey, that's actually pretty cool"?

Yeah, just post those moments.

I remember when I first heard of Azumi. It's pretty much about a female ninja killing people.
    I didn't like the idea because whenever I heard "female Ninja" I keep thinking about girls wearing revealing clothes despite a Ninja's goal is to NOT BE SEEN!

That said though, when I actually gave it a chance and watched it, I thought it was pretty nice.
    I especially liked the gore and blood. Gave it the real "Ninja" feel to it.
    Problem is, it gave me the interest in women being able to kill people.
    Now whenever I see a woman with a sharp object, I just imagine her in a white dress filled with bloody splatters on it... pluspoints if it's a wedding dress, oh yeah...
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. VOZLn

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Blackr10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalg10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. White10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13

Rep6

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Empty Re: Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments.

Post by Roterblitz June 27th 2009, 2:41 pm

XNinjaRed wrote:A Ninja's goal is to NOT BE SEEN!
    Look who's talking...

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by the 3rd season of Digimon. The entire continuity of the past two seasons turns out to be nothing but a show within a show, and the new cast uses their merchandise, including trading cards that work in real life.

By that description, it sounds like it would be up there with Beyblade and Yugioh, but you would never guess, it turns out to be one of the darkest "Monster Partner" shows ever, it could even be considered a deconstruction of the genre. I won't give any specific spoilers, but this show contains:

Humans more evil than virus-type Digimon, a Digimon-Exterminating government organization, heavy references to Serial Experiments Lain and the work of H.P. Lovecraft, good guys who die for real, a mind rape that puts Evangelion to shame, and the final Battle for Both Worlds against something neither human nor Digimon.

And it does all of this while starting out under the premise of being a sequel to a kids show. It does get very cheesy at times, and the early episodes are, by all mean, typical for a kids show; but it gets progressively creepier and creepier, until the final arc, which, at the time (it aired when I was younger than the characters themselves), was the single most terrifying thing I had ever seen.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. ZtZYh

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Blackr10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Zigzag10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. White10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. 2nio02t

Rep76

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Empty Re: Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments.

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 27th 2009, 3:07 pm

What, did you just copy it from TVTropes or what?
    But yeah, I don't recall anything. I guess the best example I can give is "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" movie, but I only thought it was stupid because most people kept saying it was.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalg10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Zigzag10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 27th 2009, 4:46 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    XNinjaRed wrote:A Ninja's goal is to NOT BE SEEN!
    Look who's talking...
    I consider myself a deconstruction of a Ninja. Laughing
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Blackr10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalg10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. White10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 27th 2009, 6:35 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:What, did you just copy it from TVTropes or what?
    The Wiki-esque code for links on TV Tropes is not compatible with phpBB forums, so no, I typed that all myself, including the links.

[URL=http://www.google.com]like this[/UR not L]

Would anyone care to comment on what I typed?
    XNinjaRed wrote:I consider myself a deconstruction of a Ninja. Laughing
    No, there's a specific trope for your kind.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HighlyVisibleNinja
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Blackr10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Zigzag10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. White10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 27th 2009, 8:55 pm

I just thought it was odd you'd link to TV Tropes multiple times in your post.
    But yeah, the third season was pretty good.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 28th 2009, 2:07 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:But yeah, the third season was pretty good.
    You don't seem quite as enthusiastic about it as I was...
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed June 28th 2009, 3:54 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    XNinjaRed wrote:I consider myself a deconstruction of a Ninja. Laughing
    No, there's a specific trope for your kind.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HighlyVisibleNinja

Well sure, but I'm kind of a deconstruction of anything Ninja you see in movies lately, so that trope included.
    It makes sense in Context
    Zez
    Zez

Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Blackr10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medalw11Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Zigzag10Post your "hey, that's actually pretty cool" moments. Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez June 28th 2009, 4:16 am

The Dark Knight.

I thought it was Super Hyped, and I think it still is somewhat, but the Joker made it all worthwhile.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 28th 2009, 12:17 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:But yeah, the third season was pretty good.
    You don't seem quite as enthusiastic about it as I was...
    Well, I wasn't exactly in the same situation as you. I already thought it was going to be cool.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 29th 2009, 9:33 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Well, I wasn't exactly in the same situation as you. I already thought it was going to be cool.
    I thought it was going to be good too, I was 11 years old and still a fan of the first two seasons at the time, but even after going through the nostalgia filter, I could watch this one today and feel the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content