The ancient lands.

+5
The Freedom Fighter
Auflodern
a bee
Zez
XNinjaRed
9 posters

What shows which are generally hated do you like?

XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Imagee10

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalg10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Zigzag10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13

: Male
     Rep4

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Empty What shows which are generally hated do you like?

Post by XNinjaRed July 9th 2009, 5:59 am

Now we all have been in the minority some time.
    I'm sure there are time when you like something yet most of the world disagrees with you.
    This topic is for you to post which generally hated shows you actually liked.
    Please let's not bash each other's opinion and simply read each other's reasons for liking something that's generally hated.

I'll go first as an example.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXgX4n1iP0c
    Spiderman Unlimited.
    Yes, oh my god Spider-man has a cape, they totally ruined Venom and Carnage, bla bla bla.
    I hear nothing but hate for this show, and quite frankly I can see why.
    However for the time it was on until it was canceled... I actually liked it.
    For starters I like how they make the show move like some kind of comic with the "meanwhiles" and "later" showing here and there.
    And sure the plot isn't really that original; Spider-man goes to an alternate universe, haven't seen that in a while. eye roll
    But the story does kind of make it different enough from Spider-man that it made me able to see it as a separate continuity and made me able to enjoy it a bit more.
    The usual characters you see in Spider-man shows aren't here either which probably turned down allot of fans.

Still, I like it because it's enjoyable to watch to an extend. Spider-man's costume despite the cape is in my opinion pretty cool. Also the way it works kind of resembles Spider-man's symbiote costume which is pretty cool, even if it does feel a bit "fan-service-y".

Venom and Carnage have turned from sworn enemies to "brothers" which on first glance kinda made me look :Facepalm:
    The fact Spider-man could sense them with his Spidersense didn't help...
    But then I realized my brother liked the idea, which probably is because he never read the comics and simply saw the animated series which had Carnage start off by helping Venom.

That's when I realized it's not supposed to be for the hardcore fans. It's more for the casual fans.

And being able to detach from my "comic-nerd persona" I was able to enjoy it for what it was, and that made me enjoy the series in general...

Too bad it got canceled...

Last edited by XNinjaRed on July 10th 2009, 5:34 am; edited 2 times in total
    Zez
    Zez

What shows which are generally hated do you like? VOZLn

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Blackr10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Zigzag10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13

Rep24

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Empty Re: What shows which are generally hated do you like?

Post by Zez July 9th 2009, 6:02 am

Sonic Underground. I liked it. Don't hit me.
    a bee
    a bee

What shows which are generally hated do you like? WFmvl

Rep0

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Empty Re: What shows which are generally hated do you like?

Post by a bee July 9th 2009, 9:47 am

Sonic X. Despite the hate he gets, Chris Thorndyke is an excellent addition to break up what would have been filler of running sequences. It should never be taken seriously, then again, NO SONIC game/comic/toon ever should! A 4Kids dub is fine too.

I even liked the 4Kids dub of Magical DoReMi. Like moving it to Oregon USA really mattered. Funky Cops too.

Also, Cop Rock.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

What shows which are generally hated do you like? VOZLn

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Zigzag10What shows which are generally hated do you like? White10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 9th 2009, 2:25 pm

Zezima wrote:Sonic Underground. I liked it. Don't hit me.

fine i'll shoot you

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Firing_squad

Готово!
    Цель!
    Пожар!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

What shows which are generally hated do you like? ZtZYh

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Blackr10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Zigzag10What shows which are generally hated do you like? White10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13What shows which are generally hated do you like? 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 9th 2009, 5:18 pm

I'll support Spiderman Unlimited as well. It wasn't as good as the prequel series, but I enjoyed it; then again, I don't read the comics. I only was disappointed that they left Mary Jane missing and unexplained, and I expected SU to resolve it.
    I did like Beast Machines, despite its flaws. I still feel it deserves more love than it got, but oh well.
    And Star Wars: The Clone Wars seems to get hated on, just like the move. And just like the movie, it seems quite inaccurate and distracting.
    sykog
    sykog

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Blackr10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalg10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Zigzag10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 9th 2009, 5:51 pm

No, I don't watch many shows in the first place.
    Erazor
    Erazor

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Blackr10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalg10What shows which are generally hated do you like? White10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor July 9th 2009, 8:56 pm

Ah yes. Spider-Man Unlimited was pretty rad.
    Miles24
    Miles24

What shows which are generally hated do you like? Blackr10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medalw11What shows which are generally hated do you like? White10What shows which are generally hated do you like? Medal13What shows which are generally hated do you like? 2nio02t

Rep2

Post by Miles24 July 9th 2009, 9:08 pm

a bee wrote:Sonic X. Despite the hate he gets, Chris Thorndyke is an excellent addition to break up what would have been filler of running sequences. It should never be taken seriously, then again, NO SONIC game/comic/toon ever should! A 4Kids dub is fine too.

I even liked the 4Kids dub of Magical DoReMi. Like moving it to Oregon USA really mattered. Funky Cops too.

Also, Cop Rock.

Agreed. Funky Cops was a great show. It was basically a parody of numerous old 1970's cop films, which made it a bit cheesey, but funny.
    Baku
    Baku

What shows which are generally hated do you like? 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Baku July 14th 2009, 5:08 am

Digimon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content