The ancient lands.

SEGA CS responds to The Conduit problems

Plix
    Plix

SEGA CS responds to The Conduit problems VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

SEGA CS responds to The Conduit problems Empty SEGA CS responds to The Conduit problems

Post by Plix August 1st 2009, 2:55 pm

"We are currently looking into what may be causing certain issues with The Conduit online multiplayer. Our current assumption is that this has to do with needing to forward certain ports in your router or potential conflicts with Wii Connect and certain routers.

Regarding port forwarding I suggest forwarding the following ports as suggested by Nintendo:
    28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, 443
    We are also confirming if the game itself and our servers need additional ports to be forwarded. For more information on how to forward ports in your router I suggest reviewing your router’s manual or visiting the manufacturer’s website which should contain detailed walkthroughs for all of their routers. You may consider, as a diagnostic, trying to connect your Wii directly to your modem instead of through the router.

If you have a wireless router I’d specifically suggest checking this link to make sure your router is supported:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/onlineWirelessRouterChoose.jsp

Further, with any router or even no router, I’d also go through Nintendo’s online troubleshooting guides. Even if you do not experience problems with other games, connection issues can cause different problems with some games and none with others:
    http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/online.jsp

Finally, if you occasionally find yourself unable to control your avatar and that your camera is disconnected from you gun when first joining a match, we believe this is an issue that affects a number of online Wii games. It happens when joining a match in progress and you have to wait until the next match begins before being able to play. From what we can tell it affects some players more than others and may be related to individual connections or network settings and we are still investigating. "

From a support email posted on SEGA's Conduit board.