Total Votes: 11
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

Big Question Kz2PK

Rep0

Big Question Empty Big Question

Post by Mobius 1 October 16th 2009, 7:48 pm

which should I buy?

an Xbox or a PS3 I've heard good things about both and bad things about both so... which one?
    sykog
    sykog

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medalg10Big Question Zigzag10Big Question Medal13

: Male
     Rep29

Big Question Empty Re: Big Question

Post by sykog October 16th 2009, 7:56 pm

I don't have either, but I would rather want a PS3.
    Phantom
    Phantom

Big Question VOZLn

Big Question Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom October 16th 2009, 8:44 pm

That's a big question. Personally, I recommend the Xbox 360. I just prefer the design of the controller, the console interface and the social network more than that of the PS3, and considering how long it took to "install" Ghostbusters on the PS3, I wouldn't want anyone else to go through with that.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Big Question VOZLn

Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord October 16th 2009, 9:30 pm

I like the Xbox better. More affordable and I believe better online.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medalg10Big Question White10Big Question Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 16th 2009, 10:08 pm

Get a PS3. I'm not going to get into the particulars, but it's just a better deal overall.
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon October 18th 2009, 12:00 am

Mobius 1 wrote:which should I buy?

an Xbox or a PS3 I've heard good things about both and bad things about both so... which one?
    None,buy an arcade cabinet,and a bluetooth headset along with a new hairstyle,im thinkin' a fade or cornrows.
    Sonic Fan
    Sonic Fan

Big Question GOMM8

Big Question Medal13

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Sonic Fan October 18th 2009, 7:12 am

I reckon PS3, all you hear from the X-BOX 360 is everyone having the red ring of death, I don't think it's worth the risk IMO, PS3 sounds like it'll last longer, and they're pretty much the same anyways.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Big Question GOMM8

Big Question Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool October 18th 2009, 8:20 am

Sonic Fan wrote:I reckon PS3, all you hear from the X-BOX 360 is everyone having the red ring of death, I don't think it's worth the risk IMO, PS3 sounds like it'll last longer, and they're pretty much the same anyways.
    The newer versions aren't supposed to have it. And I think you can ship it in for a free replacement if it's under warranty.
    PS3Slim costs an extra 100 bucks, Normal one 200, And all it can do that the Xbox360 really can't is play Blu-Ray Disks.
    AmericanHCharge
    AmericanHCharge

Big Question 3qll2

Rep0

Post by AmericanHCharge October 18th 2009, 1:40 pm

joeoflula wrote:And all it can do that the Xbox360 really can't is play Blu-Ray Disks.

All the more reason to get a PS3. : ):
    Erazor
    Erazor

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medalg10Big Question White10Big Question Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 19th 2009, 1:27 am

joeoflula wrote:PS3Slim costs an extra 100 bucks, Normal one 200, And all it can do that the Xbox360 really can't is play Blu-Ray Disks.
    -The standard controllers are rechargeable
    -It comes with wifi
    -Has an internet browser

Keep in mind a wifi connector is 100$ for 360 and a controller charge kit is 20$. When it comes to the internet browser the 360 just has no option at all.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Big Question GOMM8

Big Question Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool October 19th 2009, 6:35 am

Erazor wrote:
    joeoflula wrote:PS3Slim costs an extra 100 bucks, Normal one 200, And all it can do that the Xbox360 really can't is play Blu-Ray Disks.
    -It comes with wifi
    -Has an internet browser

Keep in mind a wifi connector is 100$ for 360 and a controller charge kit is 20$. When it comes to the internet browser the 360 just has no option at all.
    Rechargable controllers? Wait...What?
    The only controller I knew that had to be recharged was the Wii.
    And you do have a point. From what I've seen, it looks like the 360 is better for plain games and the PS3 is better for all that bonux stuff lke Blu-Ray and Wi-Fi.
    Sometimes I feel like the only one that doesn't have any of this fancy crap.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Big Question Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 19th 2009, 2:24 pm

joeoflula wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    -It comes with wifi
    -Has an internet browser

Rechargable controllers? Wait...What?
    The only controller I knew that had to be recharged was the Wii.
    And you do have a point. From what I've seen, it looks like the 360 is better for plain games and the PS3 is better for all that bonux stuff lke Blu-Ray and Wi-Fi.
    Sometimes I feel like the only one that doesn't have any of this fancy crap.
    That's the idea behind Sony's new "PS3 does everything" advertising campaign. When it comes to games they're about even. But, when it comes to features (and in many cases durablilty) PS3's got the 360 beat.
    Independence76

Big Question GOMM8

Big Question Medalg10Big Question Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 October 19th 2009, 3:21 pm

PS3, no doubt.

I have both consoles, and I cannot believe how much the PS3 trumps to 360.

The 360 requires loads of exclusive-only addons just to get what you want, and the PS3 is flexible enough to include many features built-in, as well as a choice of addons that are still compatable with the PS3.
    sykog
    sykog

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medalg10Big Question Zigzag10Big Question Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 19th 2009, 8:27 pm

When the PS3 fist came out and was overpriced. people were sying it was one of the worst systems ever. And now that it's affordable, it the greatest. :D
    Army
    Army

Big Question VOZLn

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Medalg10Big Question Zigzag10Big Question Medal13Big Question Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army October 19th 2009, 11:45 pm

Well before I say anything I do own both systems but to me my Ps3 is basically a paper weight and well I've been a fan boy for microsoft since the original xbox was released, so you can consider my 2 cents baised. The Xbox is the better choice depending on what you want, The library for the Xbox is much larger and has a decent amount of variety's, (shooters, racing, kid, teens, fighting, creative) and although you pay for the online, it is better then PSN , the market place is an amazing feature, You can download a lot of tv shows or rent movies, but one tv show is 2 dollars, may not seem like a lot though if you choose to buy maybe one at a time, but is a lot if you buy at the same time because it does add up. The game section of it is starting to get games on demand which is good for you who don't want to buy the disc and want saved onto your HDD, the add ons are kinda expensive though, the xbox is really just a ps3, just few difference, no blu ray, no free online, free wifi, other then that there the same really.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Zigzag10Big Question White10Big Question Medal13Big Question Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 20th 2009, 4:51 am

Sonic The Armadillo wrote:Well before I say anything I do own both systems but to me my Ps3 is basically a paper weight and well I've been a fan boy for microsoft since the original xbox was released, so you can consider my 2 cents baised. The Xbox is the better choice depending on what you want, The library for the Xbox is much larger and has a decent amount of variety's, (shooters, racing, kid, teens, fighting, creative) and although you pay for the online, it is better then PSN , the market place is an amazing feature, You can download a lot of tv shows or rent movies, but one tv show is 2 dollars, may not seem like a lot though if you choose to buy maybe one at a time, but is a lot if you buy at the same time because it does add up. The game section of it is starting to get games on demand which is good for you who don't want to buy the disc and want saved onto your HDD, the add ons are kinda expensive though, the xbox is really just a ps3, just few difference, no blu ray, no free online, free wifi, other then that there the same really.
    No wonder it sucks
    Erazor
    Erazor

Big Question Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 20th 2009, 12:19 pm

TalkingObject wrote:
    Sonic The Armadillo wrote:Well before I say anything I do own both systems but to me my Ps3 is basically a paper weight and well I've been a fan boy for microsoft since the original xbox was released, so you can consider my 2 cents baised. The Xbox is the better choice depending on what you want, The library for the Xbox is much larger and has a decent amount of variety's, (shooters, racing, kid, teens, fighting, creative) and although you pay for the online, it is better then PSN , the market place is an amazing feature, You can download a lot of tv shows or rent movies, but one tv show is 2 dollars, may not seem like a lot though if you choose to buy maybe one at a time, but is a lot if you buy at the same time because it does add up. The game section of it is starting to get games on demand which is good for you who don't want to buy the disc and want saved onto your HDD, the add ons are kinda expensive though, the xbox is really just a ps3, just few difference, no blu ray, no free online, free wifi, other then that there the same really.
    No wonder it sucks
    That's 150$ right there. Well, that's if you only plan on playing online for a year.
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

Big Question Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Mobius 1 October 20th 2009, 3:47 pm

so I should get a PS3?

I dont know I want Halo 3 but I also want MAG and Im not rich like armamadilio
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Big Question Imagee10

Big Question Blackr10Big Question Medalw11Big Question Zigzag10Big Question White10Big Question Medal13Big Question Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 20th 2009, 4:17 pm

Mobius 1 wrote:so I should get a PS3?

Yes
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

Big Question Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Mobius 1 October 20th 2009, 5:52 pm

TalkingObject wrote:

Yes
    No?
    Erazor
    Erazor

Big Question Imagee10

Rep22

Post by Erazor October 20th 2009, 6:56 pm

Big Question YES_BIRD
    Hidethegames
    Hidethegames

Big Question 3qll2

Rep0

Post by Hidethegames October 20th 2009, 7:59 pm

I'd take the PS3 but that's because I would take more games on it than I would in a 360.
    sykog
    sykog

Big Question Imagee10

Rep29

Post by sykog October 20th 2009, 8:01 pm

Erazor wrote:
    Big Question YES_BIRD
    yes. Do it for the skateboarding bird.
    Joe Cool
    Joe Cool

Big Question GOMM8

Big Question Medal13

Rep-3

Post by Joe Cool October 21st 2009, 8:18 am

sykog77 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Big Question YES_BIRD
    Indeed.
    Anyhoo, since it's what most recommended it's probably what you should get, but it depends on what games you want. Each system has a different library.
    Also remember that you can't play PS2 games on slim.
    Mobius 1
    Mobius 1

Big Question Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by Mobius 1 October 21st 2009, 4:41 pm

joeoflula wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Erazor wrote:
    Big Question YES_BIRD
    Indeed.
    Anyhoo, since it's what most recommended it's probably what you should get, but it depends on what games you want. Each system has a different library.
    Also remember that you can't play PS2 games on slim.

i'm not getting rid of my ps2! Thats the best system I ever had!
    so I'm think MAG, the orange Box and Left 4 dead

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content