Question

Plix
    Plix

Question VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Question Empty Question

Post by Plix July 21st 2010, 11:15 pm

I have a simple question that I want to propose to everbody on this forum: when/where would you want the new Sonic Community to be born, when the time comes that an overwhelming majority wants a new home on a different website? (Invision, vBulletin, etc.)

Discuss.
    sykog
    sykog

Question Imagee10

Question Blackr10Question Medalw11Question Medalg10Question Zigzag10Question Medal13

Rep29

Question Empty Re: Question

Post by sykog July 22nd 2010, 1:18 am

Never. I don't want to start over trying to get old members to come back.
    Plix
    Plix

Question VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix July 22nd 2010, 2:02 am

With a properly planned move, everyone still active on this forum would know ahead of time about the impending move, and we could look into leaving this site as a redirect or something like that.
    Shade
    Shade

Question VOZLn

Question Medalw11Question Zigzag10Question Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade July 22nd 2010, 6:53 am

I like the current site very well as it is, and I see no reason why we should make any sort of new site (as this site serves our purpose very well).
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Question ZtZYh

Question Blackr10Question Medalw11Question Zigzag10Question White10Question Medal13Question 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter July 22nd 2010, 7:19 am

ForuMotion seems like the best forum to me.
    Either way, I agree with sykog. Leaving TSC would not work well, even with coordination. Almost all advertisements, links, etc, lead to this spot. Why should we give it all up?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Question VOZLn

Question Medalw11Question Zigzag10Question White10Question Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern July 22nd 2010, 8:17 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:ForuMotion seems like the best forum to me.
    Either way, I agree with sykog. Leaving TSC would not work well, even with coordination. Almost all advertisements, links, etc, lead to this spot. Why should we give it all up?

Because we are being reassigned by the fourth reich and we must gather our things and go to prisoncampforums.com
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Question Imagee10

Question Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy July 22nd 2010, 9:42 am

Forumotion's has the simplest, easiest to use and most flexible-for free hosting- (if you're using BB2 or PunBB) forums.
    Forumotion also owns the database, so you cannot move the posts and member profiles to another forum (forumotion or otherwise).
    A move like that would require TSC to start all over. The only advantage for a move- In my opinion- is that Zezima will be able to make money off his forum's activity, mainly because of ads.
    Otherwise, if Zezima is not interested in money, a forum transfer could be VERY risky.
    I wouldn't recommend it.

On that note, BBC announced today a flaw recently discovered by hackers on VBulletin forums that allows them to easily get any member's information. Including emails and passwords (not to mention admin passwords as well).
    An update was released but admins who still don't know about this (and haven't installed the update) are in serious threat.
    Plix
    Plix

Question VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix July 23rd 2010, 4:28 pm

We're not asking IF you want to move. We're asking, should the time come that we need to move for whatever reason, where would you guys want the new forum to reside at?
    Shade
    Shade

Question VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade July 23rd 2010, 5:05 pm

SupaSEGA wrote:We're not asking IF you want to move. We're asking, should the time come that we need to move for whatever reason, where would you guys want the new forum to reside at?

Forumotion, without a doubt. Forumotion has more security than other places, it's better organised, has all its information in one clear place, and it displays numbers without that annoying comma (after 1000) that all other sites do (which is really annoying).
    Erazor
    Erazor

Question Imagee10

Question Blackr10Question Medalw11Question Medalg10Question White10Question Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor July 23rd 2010, 8:07 pm

If it were necessary, I'd say Invision.
    Plix
    Plix

Question VOZLn

Rep13

Post by Plix July 24th 2010, 12:15 am

Agreed, I vote on Invision.
    sykog
    sykog

Question Imagee10

Question Blackr10Question Medalw11Question Medalg10Question Zigzag10Question Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 24th 2010, 2:20 am

I made an Invision site that never worked out a while back, but I gave it to Neo. I didn't like their setup, it was confusing and complicated.
    Shade
    Shade

Question VOZLn

Rep2

Post by Shade July 25th 2010, 6:24 am

I've just checked out Invision. The site setup seems too complicated (much more so than forumotion), and it is much harder to navigate around. I think we should stick with Forumotion.
    Alex The Hedgehog

Question Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog July 25th 2010, 3:56 pm

I like TSC in the place it is in right now. I don't think they should ever move the site. just be greatful with what you've got here, or else it's going to be even worse in the future. My Dad had to learn that the hard way when he decided to move away from working at marketstar to another business that would give him more hours of work and make him work late.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content