Mario94
XNinjaRed
Phantom
sykog
Light Dash
karkooshy
FelixMargarita
21 posters

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic?

FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep0

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Empty How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic?

Post by FelixMargarita December 25th 2009, 4:06 pm

I'm curious to see what people think of the way things are for SEGA and the blue blur. How do you feel about the way things have been this past decade? In a couple years, Sonic will be 20. That's incredible, especially for me. So, what are everyone's thoughts on the way things are? Hopes for the future? What do you think will happen?
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Imagee10

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalg10

Rep9

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Empty Re: How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic?

Post by karkooshy December 25th 2009, 4:22 pm

In 2 years we're all gonna die cause an ancient mayain god is gonna come and kill us all xD
    but thats besides the point....

as much that everyone's been complaining about sonic going 3d... I think ALL the games, that have been made are ALL awesome... outta the Sonic Games I've played, (thats heck of alot (I'm talking about most of the games from since the Sega Mega)) I liked them all...
    Even Sonic 2006 AND Shadow the Hedgehog xD
    its true!
    Every single one was awesome, and I don't mind playing in 2 or 3D modes...
    Thats my opinion atleast...
    Light Dash
    Light Dash

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? GOMM8

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Blackr10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? 2nio02t

Rep3

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Empty Re: How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic?

Post by Light Dash December 25th 2009, 4:35 pm

It's fine, if you ask me.
    sykog
    sykog

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Blackr10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalg10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog December 25th 2009, 4:38 pm

Pretty well, Sonic gets too much undeserved hate.
    Phantom
    Phantom

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? VOZLn

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom December 25th 2009, 5:45 pm

I still get compliments on my Sonic watch, and I saw plenty of large, silvery Sonic plushes up for winning at the County Fair (I still like my plush better, though), so I wouldn't worry about obscurity to his name.

For the games, there's always room for improvement (I refuse to say that you're only as good as the last game in your series). There are games that I do enjoy and games that I don't, and games that I would improve upon given the chance. I believe that things can--and inexorably will--get better from here.
    XNinjaRed
    XNinjaRed

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalg10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep4

Post by XNinjaRed December 25th 2009, 7:23 pm

sykog77 wrote:Pretty well, Sonic gets too much undeserved hate.
    QFT
    Mario94
    Mario94

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 December 26th 2009, 1:03 am

I don't know. Sonic's like Dow-Jones: up and down the whole way. Lately, there have been a few more downers, and it looks like Sega's star attraction is on the ropes. I'm not one to say whether Sonic will go on much longer. Now, it just looks like Sega's throwing out ideas, like getting Sonic into Brawl, the Mario & Sonic Olympics, and whatever else they can get to try and keep Sonic alive or at least squeeze out what's left.

Like I said, I don't know. Let's just see what Sega tries to keep Sonic from dying out.
    FelixMargarita
    FelixMargarita

Rep0

Post by FelixMargarita December 26th 2009, 1:16 am

Mario94 wrote:I don't know. Sonic's like Dow-Jones: up and down the whole way. Lately, there have been a few more downers, and it looks like Sega's star attraction is on the ropes. I'm not one to say whether Sonic will go on much longer. Now, it just looks like Sega's throwing out ideas, like getting Sonic into Brawl, the Mario & Sonic Olympics, and whatever else they can get to try and keep Sonic alive or at least squeeze out what's left.

Like I said, I don't know. Let's just see what Sega tries to keep Sonic from dying out.

Yanked the words out of my mouth like a rotten tooth.
    Timefreeze
    Timefreeze

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Timefreeze December 26th 2009, 3:30 am

Though the current state of Sonic appears to be glum, he never seems to lose his fan base. There is always a group of people who are willing to buy "bad" games, and like them.
    In the future, I believe that Sega will continue the "new/recycled ideas" craze until they get the formula just right.
    Phantom
    Phantom

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom December 26th 2009, 5:59 pm

Every game under the sun had to have come from a system of trial and error, refining gameplay mechanics and phasing out bugs until it's "just right," and that can be subjective for each development team, so that maybe the team thinks it has a hit when the rest of the world calls it a miss.

I would not be surprised to see Sonic Team going over a very long list of what worked and what didn't work in recent games, redoubling their efforts and distilling from all the hits and misses the quintessential Sonic.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalg10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great January 1st 2010, 5:17 pm

It is in decline.
    sonicfan01
    sonicfan01

Rep0

Post by sonicfan01 January 4th 2010, 8:47 am

I really don't mind the current state, I just wish instead of many many spin-off games every year and like a mainstream game like every fg five years,it could be the other way about, y'know what I mean yo XD
    sykog
    sykog

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Blackr10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalg10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog January 4th 2010, 8:33 pm

sonicfan01 wrote:I really don't mind the current state, I just wish instead of many many spin-off games every year and like a mainstream game like every fg five years,it could be the other way about, y'know what I mean yo XD
    I was thinking a main game and a spinoff about once every 2 years.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? White10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 4th 2010, 9:08 pm

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? 15-02
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog January 4th 2010, 9:13 pm

Soviet Soldier wrote:How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? 15-02
    To quote a certain member on this board:
    No
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 January 4th 2010, 11:57 pm

Me like Silver *shot*
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog January 5th 2010, 12:13 am

Chaosmaster8753 wrote:Me like Silver *shot*
    What does that have to do with the topic? *shoots*
    Ezra the Badnik
    Ezra the Badnik

Rep0

Post by Ezra the Badnik January 6th 2010, 8:18 am

The decade started and ended well for Sonic. Started well because he had a home console, and ended well because Unleashed was a quality product. The middle years were a wasteland of failed attempts. Notice that Bayonetta and other Sega-published titles (Resonance of Fate, AvP, even SASR is being noticed) are highly anticipated for 2010, and actually look like quality games. Sonic's gonna be the same way, judging from what they pulled with Needlemouse. Compared to other half finished Sonic games with half finished concepts, Unleashed is the best game since SA2. I think Sega's coming out of a slump here, and hopefully Sonic too.
    repli!
    repli!

Rep0

Post by repli! January 16th 2010, 7:01 pm

He was good in the beginning. Then he was mediocre. In 2006 he was terrible. Then mediocre again... and in Sonic Unleashed he was good. Now he's like always: Mediocre! And in the future... I think SEGA can get the big games good or maybe even AWESOME but the spin offs will always be mediocre.
    RedFire Mario
    RedFire Mario

Rep0

Post by RedFire Mario January 16th 2010, 7:42 pm

repli! wrote:He was good in the beginning. Then he was mediocre. In 2006 he was terrible. Then mediocre again... and in Sonic Unleashed he was good. Now he's like always: Mediocre! And in the future... I think SEGA can get the big games good or maybe even AWESOME but the spin offs will always be mediocre.

I agree. The Sonic games were good, to ok, to horrible, and then ok again. Lets just hope All-Stars Racing, Project Needlemouse, and any other upcoming Sonic games would be good again
    Mario94
    Mario94

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? 3qll2

Rep4

Post by Mario94 January 16th 2010, 8:04 pm

Sega really doesn't have much more to offer the franchise anymore. When they tried riding the "racing game" spin-off, it ended horrendously both times. Not to say their third try will fail like before, but not to call it Sonic's lifesaver yet. Project Needlemouse...we'll have to see. 2010 is likely going to be Sonic's sink-or-swim year: if these games plus whatever else Sega will put out this year turn out like most of the Sonic games, we may as well start digging his virtual grave. If they do become some of the best of the Sonic franchise, then the Blue Blur may live to see 20.
    repli!
    repli!

Rep0

Post by repli! January 17th 2010, 5:25 am

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that ASR will be mediocre and in best case a bit good.
    And needlemouse, we haven't even seen the game! We have no idea how good it will be. But I think SEGA know what their doing so it can turn out really good. :)
    But I myself just want Sonic Unleashed 2!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Zigzag10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? White10How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 17th 2010, 9:21 am

repli! wrote:But I myself just want Sonic Unleashed 2!

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Implied-facepalm
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medalw11How do you feel about the current state of the Sonic? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord January 17th 2010, 9:24 am

I like the next gen 3d sonic games. they were enjoyable and I could get a lot of play time out of all of them (with the exception of the ones I havent owned yet).
    If you want my opinion, the people who look at sonic games and complain because they thought Sonic was better in the past are not worth listening too.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

Rep26

Post by Auflodern January 17th 2010, 12:00 pm

I do hate Sonic Team with a passion

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content