The ancient lands.

3 posters

Sonic Most Ported Ever?

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

Sonic Most Ported Ever? VOZLn

Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medalw11Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medalg10Sonic Most Ported Ever? Zigzag10Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medal13

Rep2

Sonic Most Ported Ever? Empty Sonic Most Ported Ever?

Post by Gamma The Great December 26th 2009, 5:47 pm

After reading this about ports vs. remakes, it had a section on Sonic being ported to just about every system since its release [not including ones pre-Genesis]
    Sonic the Hedgehog (GEN) ported to EVERYTHING!
    The original Sonic the Hedgehog was fantastic, but wow. Can you name a system this game hasn't been on? You can't! And that is what's wrong with these ports. Sonic the Hedgehog should be a classic, but it has been prostituted on so many systems that I don't want to see it again. Whether it is alone or on a Genesis/Sonic compilation, it has been ported to Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Xbox, Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, PSP, Sega Master System, iPod, iPhone, Dreamcast, numerous cell-phones, and soon Nintendo DS. And it makes me sick.
    I was wondering, could this be a world record for the most amount of ports for a single game?
    Phantom
    Phantom

Sonic Most Ported Ever? VOZLn

Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medal13

: Male
     Rep11

Sonic Most Ported Ever? Empty Re: Sonic Most Ported Ever?

Post by Phantom December 26th 2009, 5:54 pm

I don't remember Genesis Sonic on the DC, though that would make the most sense.

I don't see anything overly wrong with porting classic games; it means that whatever your console may be, there's bound to be some Sonic for you. And as long as the game code and art remains intact, then where's the harm? (aside from the 15th anniversary of Sonic 1 on GBA) A way to respect the classics: make them available for everyone, and remind the world in this age of normal-mapping, real-time lighting and guns-guns-GUNS! of what a fun game is all about.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sonic Most Ported Ever? ZtZYh

Sonic Most Ported Ever? Blackr10Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medalw11Sonic Most Ported Ever? Zigzag10Sonic Most Ported Ever? White10Sonic Most Ported Ever? Medal13Sonic Most Ported Ever? 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter December 26th 2009, 7:36 pm

Not on the N64 either...Right?
    I agree with Phantom. I missed out on a lot of games, and these ports have brought me all the awesome I missed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content