+2
Super Racer Z
Army
6 posters

I might get my tonsils removed.

Army
    Army

I might get my tonsils removed. VOZLn

I might get my tonsils removed. Blackr10I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Medalg10I might get my tonsils removed. Zigzag10I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13I might get my tonsils removed. Rainbo10

: Male
     Rep2

I might get my tonsils removed. Empty I might get my tonsils removed.

Post by Army March 7th 2010, 1:43 am

Well, today I went to the doctors to check out the throat and ear pain I've been feeling the last few days. The doctor checked my throat and alarmed me that my right tonsil was WAY bigger then it should be, and advised me to get it removed. I don't know if I will though, I'm sort of scared...

Anyone here had there tonsils removed? If yes, then how'd it feel? Before, during, and after.
    Side note, it's so big, that if a swallow anything, It hurts badly, I cried today eating my ice cream shake because I was forcing myself to finish it through the pain.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

I might get my tonsils removed. 56qtD

I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13

Rep16

I might get my tonsils removed. Empty Re: I might get my tonsils removed.

Post by Super Racer Z March 7th 2010, 3:28 am

http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEducENT/tonsils.htm

It depends. I'd say, keep them unless they cause serious problems, but I'm not you, so I can't make the decision for you. Also, I once did something to my throat, where I ended up with a blister or something in my throat. I was almost (somtimes was) in tears eating top ramen and drinking water.

Just let out some tears, and some sighs(unless this hurts), and only eat what is essential for now. That is to say, no Ice Cream shakes, and absolutely no carbonated anything. You should mainly be drinking water and eating things soft on your throat/tonsils, like top ramen, or soups(or some other things I can't think of right now). Just know that there are some risks, just like with any surgery.

However, from what I've read, there are no health benefits in this day and age for keeping your tonsils, and there's no hit on your health if you remove them. I'd just prefer to keep them myself, because it's what I was born with. Unless of course, you have something which is life threatening or could become life threatening. Then you should probably get rid of them.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Medalg10I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13I might get my tonsils removed. 2hygec

Rep3

Post by TheShadowWalker March 7th 2010, 9:32 am

Hey! Same here! My tonsils are acting up!
    They better get us some Coldstone...
    Army
    Army

I might get my tonsils removed. Blackr10I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Medalg10I might get my tonsils removed. Zigzag10I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13I might get my tonsils removed. Rainbo10

Rep2

Post by Army March 7th 2010, 12:44 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:http://www.pedisurg.com/PtEducENT/tonsils.htm

It depends. I'd say, keep them unless they cause serious problems, but I'm not you, so I can't make the decision for you. Also, I once did something to my throat, where I ended up with a blister or something in my throat. I was almost (somtimes was) in tears eating top ramen and drinking water.

Just let out some tears, and some sighs(unless this hurts), and only eat what is essential for now. That is to say, no Ice Cream shakes, and absolutely no carbonated anything. You should mainly be drinking water and eating things soft on your throat/tonsils, like top ramen, or soups(or some other things I can't think of right now). Just know that there are some risks, just like with any surgery.

However, from what I've read, there are no health benefits in this day and age for keeping your tonsils, and there's no hit on your health if you remove them. I'd just prefer to keep them myself, because it's what I was born with. Unless of course, you have something which is life threatening or could become life threatening. Then you should probably get rid of them.
    I think I might have to then, my doctor did tell me that my right tonsil has some serious thing inside of it or something that could go into my kidney or blood and cause serious problems for me as an adult.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

I might get my tonsils removed. Imagee10

I might get my tonsils removed. Blackr10I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Zigzag10I might get my tonsils removed. White10I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13I might get my tonsils removed. Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 7th 2010, 1:06 pm

Well they hurt you that bad maybe you really should remove them
    Zez
    Zez

I might get my tonsils removed. Blackr10I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Zigzag10I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 7th 2010, 1:47 pm

One of the doctors I've been to has said that if you get a tonsil inflammation every so often within a short period, either one or two years, that warrants a tonsil removal. I've had many tonsil inflammations before, but I'm apprehensive towards the prospect of having surgery performed on me.
    Twixie Hushimo
    Twixie Hushimo

I might get my tonsils removed. Medalw11I might get my tonsils removed. Medal13

: Female
     Rep13

Post by Twixie Hushimo March 7th 2010, 2:54 pm

I had my adenoid removed when I was three. In other words, they stuck a huge stick down my throat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content