Dr. Witt 20/20
TheShadowWalker
Gamma The Great
16 posters

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog

Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog VOZLn

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Zigzag10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep2

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Empty The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog

Post by Gamma The Great May 1st 2010, 4:40 pm

An interview published by the German website Sega Portal Sunday with Sega Germany Managing Director Markus Lorenz Wiedemann indicates his proudest publication in the five year re-establishment of the localized division is Shadow the Hedgehog–one in a series of Sonic titles from the last decade to deeply divide Sonic fandom.

But for Wiedemann, who acknowledged the seemingly superficial absurdity in the interview, there’s a good reason for the distinction.

“it was our very first title (published),” Wiedemann said under a translation, adding it was the first game through the division to make it onto the country’s sales charts in first place under his direction. "Then we were very proud.”

Pride, in theory, can only go so far–especially when you consider the Metacritic scores for the Playstation 2, XBOX, and Gamecube editions of Shadow are 49, 45, and 51 (out of 100) respectively. But shortly after the game’s late 2005 release, despite the division and criticism of Shadow’s darker themes, it did become a million seller–and its strength in numbers at the time likely pushed the priority for Shadow up for the newly formed subsidiary.

Wiedemann also noted other achievements under his tenure in the interview, including Sega’s presence at the time of the Playstation 3 launch, and the sales success of the Mario and Sonic franchise. But he’d prefer not to hear Sega referred to as a company for kids.

I realize that many fans accuse us that we would merely like to produce ‘Kids Games,’ I can therefore not be left unchallenged. These games are really suitable for all gamers. In addition, SEGA can afford with the enormous success of Mario & Sonic even more exotic developments.

You can read the full interview at the hyperlink cited above.
    TheShadowWalker
    TheShadowWalker

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog 2hygec

: Male
     Rep3

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Empty Re: The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog

Post by TheShadowWalker May 1st 2010, 4:42 pm

Shadow was the best spinoff I've played. I agree with his statement.
    Dr. Witt 20/20

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog WFmvl

Rep0

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Empty Re: The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog

Post by Dr. Witt 20/20 May 1st 2010, 5:00 pm

Yeah, I still don't think that the game deserved near as much criticism as it did. I mean, maybe the dark story-telling was a bit cheesy, and there's a couple sticky camera spots in some places, and he has guns, but it also tried some pretty cool ideas when it comes to gameplay.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Blackr10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz May 1st 2010, 5:48 pm

I realize that many fans accuse us that we would merely like to produce ‘Kids Games,’ I can therefore not be left unchallenged. These games are really suitable for all gamers.
    Shadow the Hedgehog's older demographic seen here.

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Groucho-kid
    TheNewThing
    TheNewThing

Rep0

Post by TheNewThing May 1st 2010, 6:51 pm

I enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog more than Sonic Heroes and Sonic 06. Really and underrated game
    SockWizard
    SockWizard

Rep0

Post by SockWizard May 2nd 2010, 12:03 am

I was like 10 when I got it, and it was the [bomb].
    So I don't see why not.
    NellyDaHobo
    NellyDaHobo

Rep0

Post by NellyDaHobo May 30th 2010, 6:17 pm

Shadow The Hedgehog was awesome. I got it years ago, and still haven't got all the keys.
    Independence76

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog GOMM8

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 May 31st 2010, 6:43 pm

......am I the only one in this topic that absolutely hated the game? It was the worst shooter I have ever played (but not the worst Sonic game. Heroes takes that award).

He doesn't like the company to be seen as one for kids? Well, that's just how out of touch Sega is with the real world. They see numbers, and that's all they care about.

Put Sonic games in front of the average 17-year-old gamer such as myself, and watch the sparks fly. Damn.........
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Imagee10

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Blackr10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Zigzag10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 31st 2010, 6:46 pm

Independence76 wrote:......am I the only one in this topic that absolutely hated the game?
    You're not alone
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog ZtZYh

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Blackr10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Zigzag10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 31st 2010, 7:22 pm

Independence76 wrote:Put Sonic games in front of the average 17-year-old gamer such as myself, and watch the sparks fly. Damn.........
    The sparks of nostalgia?
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Blackr10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Zigzag10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 31st 2010, 7:25 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Independence76 wrote:Put Sonic games in front of the average 17-year-old gamer such as myself, and watch the sparks fly. Damn.........
    The sparks of nostalgia?
    He didn't exactly say which Sonic games
    Independence76

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog GOMM8

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 May 31st 2010, 7:31 pm

The sparks of nostalgia?

The sparks of true hatred.
    Eivana
    Eivana

: Female
     Rep0

Post by Eivana June 2nd 2010, 5:06 am

Independence76 wrote:......am I the only one in this topic that absolutely hated the game? It was the worst shooter I have ever played (but not the worst Sonic game. Heroes takes that award).

He doesn't like the company to be seen as one for kids? Well, that's just how out of touch Sega is with the real world. They see numbers, and that's all they care about.

Put Sonic games in front of the average 17-year-old gamer such as myself, and watch the sparks fly. Damn.........

No, my friend! Fear no more! As I, too, am a hater of the joke that was Shadow the Hedgehog!

Not only was it the worst shooter in the world, (And I agree, Heroes absolutely sucked.) but it had the worst storylines, the worst characters, the Shadow clones were blacker than 'Shadow', and the game ultimately boned Shadow's personality all to hell, made him look like a weak fool, kicked his masterpiece SA2 persona in the balls, and just ultimately failed. The worst Sonic spin-off to ever be created. Awful. Miserable.

I never cared about kid-friendly bs. I don't believe in it. So that can be thrown out the window too. SEGA only sees numbers, of course, that is why they come out with such awful games nowadays. Apparently people like too-simple storylines and plots that go nowhere and the general a-raping of characers. It's a phase of fad I hope dies forever soon.
    Jmh
    Jmh

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 2nd 2010, 5:43 pm

Shadow is a Zero wannabe. Yeah, I said it.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog 56qtD

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z June 2nd 2010, 10:16 pm

Shadow is definitely better than Sonic Heroes and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. I still absolutely hate Shadow the Hedgehog (and Shadow as a character after Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06. Such a convoluted mess was made of the character's backstory.) though, so all that goes to show is the absolute unadulterated hatred that comes from the depths of my heart which extends towards Sonic Heroes and Sonic 06.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalg10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 2nd 2010, 10:56 pm

Shadow the Swearhog, er, Hedgehog was one of the worst games they've made (behind Sonic Genesis GBA and 06). It was stupid, filled with curses and guns, and not to mention it defeated its own purpose. It was made to clear up Shadow's past, so we'd know more about him. We come out knowing less, now we can only verify that THIS IS WHO HE IS. Indeed.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog ZtZYh

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Blackr10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Zigzag10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter June 3rd 2010, 9:45 am

Independence76 wrote:
    The sparks of nostalgia?

Then you need to experiment more.
    Jmh
    Jmh

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog White10The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 4th 2010, 2:50 pm

Independence76 wrote:
    The sparks of nostalgia?

Then you need to experiment more.
    With what?
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medalw11The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 5th 2010, 9:50 am

Shadow the Hedgehog wasn't as good as Sonic Heroes, but better than Sonic 06. 2P was fun too.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

The Greatest Gaming Achievement: Shadow The Hedgehog Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 5th 2010, 10:50 am

i thought heroes was alrite, not perfect but definatly not terrible, shadow was sorta played like heroes, but to out the team gameplay and just added guns instead

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content