+2
Jmh
NeoMetalSonic
6 posters

Rockman Online!

NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Rockman Online! Imagee10

Rockman Online! Blackr10Rockman Online! Medalw11Rockman Online! Zigzag10Rockman Online! White10Rockman Online! Medal13Rockman Online! Medalg10

: Male
     Rep35

Rockman Online! Empty Rockman Online!

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 3rd 2010, 6:24 pm

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/06/03/new-details-and-images-on-rockman-online/

I post my thoughts later
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rockman Online! Imagee10

Rockman Online! Medalw11Rockman Online! White10Rockman Online! Medal13

Rep67

Rockman Online! Empty Re: Rockman Online!

Post by Jmh June 3rd 2010, 6:31 pm

My head just exploded with awesomeness..

...... OH HELL YEAH! Sorry, just had to get that out there.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rockman Online! Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 3rd 2010, 7:18 pm

Wait, a megaman MMO

Rockman Online! 498834

this happy face does'nt begin to describe how estatic i am
    Mighty
    Mighty

Rockman Online! WFmvl

Rep-2

Post by Mighty June 4th 2010, 2:07 am

Probably won't be released in the west, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Interesting that they're doing a X MMO though, definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rockman Online! Imagee10

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 4th 2010, 2:36 pm

Mighty wrote:Probably won't be released in the west, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Interesting that they're doing a X MMO though, definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    Well, then I guess I'm moving to Japan. Wink
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rockman Online! Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 4th 2010, 4:02 pm

Mighty wrote:definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    thats a good point, that was more of an RPG game anyway
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rockman Online! Blackr10Rockman Online! Medalw11Rockman Online! Medalg10Rockman Online! White10Rockman Online! Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 4th 2010, 8:56 pm

Mighty wrote:Interesting that they're doing a X MMO though, definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    My thoughts exactly, and I'm rather disappointed about it, the EXE series just lends itself to genre so much.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rockman Online! Medalw11Rockman Online! Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 5th 2010, 9:43 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    Mighty wrote:Interesting that they're doing a X MMO though, definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    My thoughts exactly, and I'm rather disappointed about it, the EXE series just lends itself to genre so much.

Yes, but I think that the gameplay doesn't really have anything else to offer. It was the same thing over and over again, except with subtle changes like taking out the style change and putting in double soul, but the navi customizer was a good idea.

Anyone thing that this will turn out a little bit like Megaman Battle Network Transmission, except without battlechips?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rockman Online! Blackr10Rockman Online! Medalw11Rockman Online! Medalg10Rockman Online! White10Rockman Online! Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 5th 2010, 6:50 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Yes, but I think that the gameplay doesn't really have anything else to offer. It was the same thing over and over again, except with subtle changes like taking out the style change and putting in double soul, but the navi customizer was a good idea.
    For the MMO genre, I still think it offers a lot more than the X series. Given the context of the story, creating a custom Net Navi isn't just plausible but expected, and the Battlechips would give them hundreds of items and abilities from the get-go.

You would start out with a generic Normal Navi or Heel Navi, explore unique locations in the real world and internet (as opposed to the X series which is mostly ruins and wasteland), fight viruses as regular encounters, organize raids for liberation missions, and I'm not even getting into what they could do with Double Soul.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 5th 2010, 7:04 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Yes, but I think that the gameplay doesn't really have anything else to offer. It was the same thing over and over again, except with subtle changes like taking out the style change and putting in double soul, but the navi customizer was a good idea.
    For the MMO genre, I still think it offers a lot more than the X series. Given the context of the story, creating a custom Net Navi isn't just plausible but expected, and the Battlechips would give them hundreds of items and abilities from the get-go.

You would start out with a generic Normal Navi or Heel Navi, explore unique locations in the real world and internet (as opposed to the X series which is mostly ruins and wasteland), fight viruses as regular encounters, organize raids for liberation missions, and I'm not even getting into what they could do with Double Soul.

I guess.....But still, I don't think they could add anymore awesome chips, you would probably be able to pwn easily having 5 chips with a party of 3, and the power- ups and Double - Souls can only go so far. I honestly think that they pushed Battle Network and Star Force to the limit, here. Also, you normally have to change screens to enter battles or liberation missions in the games, and on a computer with tons of people, it's going to get laggy. There are some other problems, too.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 6th 2010, 1:11 am

Obviously the fact that there is more than one player would be addressed, that's the very thing that would make it an MMO. Simply increasing the difficulty of viruses and boss Navis in certain areas to account for a party-system or having a slower level progression would completely solve the imbalance issue without making any changes more significant than numbers.

Using nothing but existing Battlechips would already give them hundreds of items and abilities to work with, and I'm sure they could still come up with new ones. And I'm not sure what your concern with battles and liberation missions is, MMO's tend to handle changing screens quite well.

Admittedly, 4-6's Double Soul and Cross Fusion would be far too difficult to use for anyone but an official NPC, but they could still easily do 2-3's Style Changes.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 6th 2010, 11:10 am

Roterblitz wrote:Obviously the fact that there is more than one player would be addressed, that's the very thing that would make it an MMO. Simply increasing the difficulty of viruses and boss Navis in certain areas to account for a party-system or having a slower level progression would completely solve the imbalance issue without making any changes more significant than numbers.

Using nothing but existing Battlechips would already give them hundreds of items and abilities to work with, and I'm sure they could still come up with new ones. And I'm not sure what your concern with battles and liberation missions is, MMO's tend to handle changing screens quite well.

Admittedly, 4-6's Double Soul and Cross Fusion would be far too difficult to use for anyone but an official NPC, but they could still easily do 2-3's Style Changes.

Well, it'd be difficult to have multiple players on the same screen if they keep the battle zone the 3 by 6 squares like in the original. And again, having tons of players in the game will probably cause lag, and if the screen goes black from the overworld to the battle screen, it might lag. That's what I meant. I'm sure that having random encounters would be annoying, and I'm wondering what would happen to you in the overworld while you battle. The transition from the overworld to the battle, I think, would be difficult to do, if you include the lag and the sheer amount of players who are also about to/are in a battle.

Liberation missions would be difficult to do if everyone decided to do their own thing, and I admit, with the battle chips they have now, it's possible to give them the "hundreds of items and abilities". And having so many style changes would be difficult to have, but it would be a good addition. They would, however, have to enlarge the battle zones if they want party play.

You're right; there are a lot of goods to having a Battle Network type of MMO, but to be honest, I'd rather just stick to the Megaman X MMO kind of gameplay they're doing right now.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rockman Online! Imagee10

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 6th 2010, 2:10 pm

I just hope we get it in the US. Also, anyone know if it will be on consoles?
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 6th 2010, 2:17 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Well, it'd be difficult to have multiple players on the same screen if they keep the battle zone the 3 by 6 squares like in the original.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:They would, however, have to enlarge the battle zones if they want party play.
    You answered your own question.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:And again, having tons of players in the game will probably cause lag, and if the screen goes black from the overworld to the battle screen, it might lag. That's what I meant. I'm sure that having random encounters would be annoying, and I'm wondering what would happen to you in the overworld while you battle. The transition from the overworld to the battle, I think, would be difficult to do, if you include the lag and the sheer amount of players who are also about to/are in a battle.
    The entire point of running a game with an MMO engine is so that a massive amount of multiple players can interact online, this is literally the very thing the genre was designed for.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Liberation missions would be difficult to do if everyone decided to do their own thing
    Most typical MMO raids are difficult when everyone does their own thing, which is why they have in-game chat and mutual rewards; even then some people just can't cooperate, but that's part of the experience, good communication and teamwork pay off.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:And having so many style changes would be difficult to have, but it would be a good addition.
    Change color and add one item, it can't be that hard.
    SonicFanPS2"="SonicFanPS2 wrote:I'd rather just stick to the Megaman X MMO kind of gameplay they're doing right now.
    We haven't even seen a single screenshot of it, we don't actually know what they're doing. Likewise, I'm not putting down the idea of an X series MMO, I just think an EXE MMO would have more potential.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rockman Online! Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 6th 2010, 4:23 pm

does'nt the exe series revovle around the internet with hmmm.... i don't know NET NAVIS, it basically called for it to be made an MMO
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 6th 2010, 8:08 pm

Roterblitz wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Well, it'd be difficult to have multiple players on the same screen if they keep the battle zone the 3 by 6 squares like in the original.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:They would, however, have to enlarge the battle zones if they want party play.
    You answered your own question.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:And again, having tons of players in the game will probably cause lag, and if the screen goes black from the overworld to the battle screen, it might lag. That's what I meant. I'm sure that having random encounters would be annoying, and I'm wondering what would happen to you in the overworld while you battle. The transition from the overworld to the battle, I think, would be difficult to do, if you include the lag and the sheer amount of players who are also about to/are in a battle.
    The entire point of running a game with an MMO engine is so that a massive amount of multiple players can interact online, this is literally the very thing the genre was designed for.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Liberation missions would be difficult to do if everyone decided to do their own thing
    Most typical MMO raids are difficult when everyone does their own thing, which is why they have in-game chat and mutual rewards; even then some people just can't cooperate, but that's part of the experience, good communication and teamwork pay off.
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:
    And having so many style changes would be difficult to have, but it would be a good addition.
    Change color and add one item, it can't be that hard.
    SonicFanPS2"="SonicFanPS2 wrote:I'd rather just stick to the Megaman X MMO kind of gameplay they're doing right now.
    We haven't even seen a single screenshot of it, we don't actually know what they're doing. Likewise, I'm not putting down the idea of an X series MMO, I just think an EXE MMO would have more potential.

Well, then I would wonder why Capcom wouldn't want to do it, honestly.

Also, I'm pretty sure that double souls are easier than that, but style changes are a bit more complicated.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 6th 2010, 9:26 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:I'm pretty sure that double souls are easier than that, but style changes are a bit more complicated.
    How? Double Soul combines the designs of two completely unique Navis, Style Change is just a palette swap.
    ActivistZero
    ActivistZero

Rockman Online! Kz2PK

Rep0

Post by ActivistZero June 11th 2010, 3:11 pm

sounds simple
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 June 12th 2010, 10:19 am

Roterblitz wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:I'm pretty sure that double souls are easier than that, but style changes are a bit more complicated.
    How? Double Soul combines the designs of two completely unique Navis, Style Change is just a palette swap.

Well, there are a lot of styles that have their own requirements, as well as the palatte swapping and the technique changing. Double Soul is really just battling and "uniting" with the guy and then you can use their own power.
    Mighty
    Mighty

Rockman Online! WFmvl

Rep-2

Post by Mighty June 13th 2010, 4:00 pm

The Justice Striker wrote:
    Mighty wrote:Probably won't be released in the west, so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Interesting that they're doing a X MMO though, definitely thought EXE would of been the route they were headed with this.
    Well, then I guess I'm moving to Japan. Wink

Don't even count on Japan, it's only being released in China and Korea (which have huge online bases). Capcom has stated that if it goes over well in those two then it may potentially be released in Japan.

NA/EU have pretty much no chance.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rockman Online! VOZLn

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz June 14th 2010, 12:02 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Well, there are a lot of styles that have their own requirements, as well as the palatte swapping and the technique changing. Double Soul is really just battling and "uniting" with the guy and then you can use their own power.
    You say "just uniting" like it's easy to do, they have to almost completely redraw Megaman's sprites, as well as a new charge busters and at least 2 other Soul-exclusive abilities, which they balance out by requiring you to sacrifice a chip of the correct type and limiting the form to 3 turns. Imagine how hard it would be to make Double Souls for navis other than Megaman.

With Style Changes, Besides Bug Style, they only have to change his color, give him 1 of 4 different elemental busters, and give him 1 extra ability that the Navi Customizer could just as easily cover.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content