Link451
14 posters

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons?

Link451
    Link451

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Kz2PK

: Male
     Rep11

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Empty Thoughts on the Digimon seasons?

Post by Link451 August 13th 2010, 9:22 pm

I've been rewatching all the seasons lately and would say from favorite to least favorite:
    1. Season 1
    2. Season 2
    3. Season 5
    4. Season 4
    5. Season 3

Season 1 was amazing. Loved the characters, story and just the original feeling. Season 2 was awesome as well. 5 I liked Marcus and Thomas a lot and their conflict, along with the story behind Kurata tricking everyone and Mercurymon and all... so a good season. 4 was okay, I'd say. Better than I remembered my first time watching it.

I'm not actually done rewatching 3 yet (am done with the other four though), and after rewatching it I'm really thinking it's pretty mehish. I've finished about the first 25 episodes and the plot's just not as appealing to me, not to mention all the characters except Rika, Henry and Takato are real irritating. Hopefully I'll start liking it better as I go on, but I dunno...
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Imagee10

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Blackr10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Zigzag10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? White10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalg10

Rep35

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Empty Re: Thoughts on the Digimon seasons?

Post by NeoMetalSonic August 13th 2010, 10:01 pm

1 was amazing
    2 was god fg awful and ruin everything about season 1
    3 was pretty cool
    4 gets WAY to much hate
    5 haven't see the ending I only had like 3 more episodes before I stop watching 3 years ago
    6 I wait until they release it
    Erazor
    Erazor

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Blackr10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalg10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? White10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 13th 2010, 10:33 pm

Well, I stopped watching after season 2, but what I've watched was good.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? VOZLn

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Blackr10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalg10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? White10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz August 23rd 2010, 11:28 pm

In my opinion, Season 3 as a whole was, without question, the best in the franchise.

It's a little slow and gimmicky in the beginning, but a much more meaningful and coherent plot starts developing in the background. The main characters had meaningful backstories and serious flaws that actually become relevant to the plot later on. And the last arc, the Reaper Program, is easily one my all time favorite stories of anime in general.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord August 24th 2010, 7:20 am

I like the first 4 seasons, even though I missed the last 2 or so episodes of season 3 and only watched a chunk of season 4 when it was on TV and I was bored.
    Favorites: 1, 3, 4, 2
    karoshio
    karoshio

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? WFmvl

Rep0

Post by karoshio September 19th 2010, 1:01 am

I still have all these seasons on my hard drive, they were so good. I used to love watching them every morning before school when i was little.
    wigsaw
    wigsaw

Rep0

Post by wigsaw September 21st 2010, 3:59 pm

My favorites in order are 2, 1, 4, 3

I'm yet to see any of the fifth season as I've heard terrible reviews on it. I'm currently working on getting through seasons one and two again though :D
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz September 22nd 2010, 10:22 pm

What does everyone have against season 3? Did you guys actually see the whole thing? It constantly gets better as it goes on.
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord September 22nd 2010, 11:05 pm

I said that it was good. I liked Season 1 more, but I just re watched it and it was definitely great.
    Independence76

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? GOMM8

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalg10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep4

Post by Independence76 October 6th 2010, 5:26 pm

I haven't watched Digimon in at least 10 years, but from what I remember...

1. Great
    2. Good
    3. Decent
    4. You have got to be f**king kidding me.

I gave up upon the 4th season's first episode.
    Link451
    Link451

Rep11

Post by Link451 October 18th 2010, 4:34 pm

Roterblitz wrote:What does everyone have against season 3? Did you guys actually see the whole thing? It constantly gets better as it goes on.

There's no doubt about that. It got really good around episode 30 with Beelzemon killing Leomon and all the drama with Jeri. The others on the other hand, though, stayed consistently interesting and good throughout the whole series.
    Shade
    Shade

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Zigzag10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 18th 2010, 5:00 pm

Roterblitz wrote:What does everyone have against season 3? Did you guys actually see the whole thing? It constantly gets better as it goes on.

Yeah, that's true. The other seasons were also very good, as well. But I still think Season 1 was better than Season 3.
    Roterblitz
    Roterblitz

Rep6

Post by Roterblitz October 27th 2010, 1:29 am

Link451 wrote:There's no doubt about that. It got really good around episode 30. The others on the other hand, though, stayed consistently interesting and good throughout the whole series.
    Even before that, the characters and setting were established in much greater detail than the previous seasons. The digi-destined were pretty much defined by a single character trait: Matt was the antisocial one™, Izzy was the smart one™, etc. The tamers, however, from the moment they're introduced, feel like real people.

The original Digital World was just a parallel universe (with nothing particularly "digital" about it) that came out of nowhere and needed the help of a few Earth kids to fight the evil digimon that were wreaking havoc in both of their worlds, it wasn't a bad plot by any means, but it just pales in comparison to the maturity of Tamers' man-made, violently regulated Digital World.

Season 1 was just consistently decent, but by the time the tamers went to their Digital World, it far surpassed any of the other seasons, and for me personally, just about any other anime I can remember.
    darkchaos2009
    darkchaos2009

Rep9

Post by darkchaos2009 October 31st 2010, 8:55 pm

hmmmm....
    1) it was great
    2).....well ....it was decent....didn't expect the who would go with who result though...(yeah many people will flame me for that...maybe)
    3)....its my second favorite....made me cry at the last minutes though...*sniff*...why did henry's dad had to do what he did...WHY!!!
    4).....well....this is a love and hate for me ....but....I kinda was ok with it...sure it was different than the other 3 but hey it still was alright...well to me that is
    5).....yeah......haven't watched so.....IDK
    Humble Novice

Rep0

Post by Humble Novice November 7th 2010, 2:56 pm

The first three seasons of Digimon were great, but I’m not so sure about the rest since I haven’t really watched them all that much. Among the five of these shows, Digimon Tamers struck a chord with me the most.
    darkchaos2009
    darkchaos2009

Rep9

Post by darkchaos2009 January 19th 2011, 6:48 am

Humble Novice wrote:The first three seasons of Digimon were great, but I’m not so sure about the rest since I haven’t really watched them all that much. Among the five of these shows, Digimon Tamers struck a chord with me the most.
    the ending of it got to ya too right??
    Shade
    Shade

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Zigzag10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade January 19th 2011, 10:03 am

darkchaos2009 wrote:
    Humble Novice wrote:The first three seasons of Digimon were great, but I’m not so sure about the rest since I haven’t really watched them all that much. Among the five of these shows, Digimon Tamers struck a chord with me the most.
    the ending of it got to ya too right??

Yeah, and the endings got to me as well.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Blackr10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalw11Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Zigzag10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? White10Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medal13Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic January 19th 2011, 7:56 pm

So whats anybody thoughts on Digimon Xros so far?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord January 20th 2011, 12:33 am

I have watched some of it. It is okay, but they should have had more evolutions other then just Shoutmon in different forms... then again, I have only watched to like... episode 5.

On a separate note, I think I'm near the end of Digimon Savers (aka Digimon Data Squad), its pretty good, and has some pretty awesome Mega level digimon.

On a separate separate note, I found this on a website I frequently go to. All I can say is: THIS is what they should have done for the openings instead of the stupid English opening.
    http://www.d2brigade.net/shows/josmain/new-lyrics/748-new-lyrics-digimon-themes

Last edited by Chaos_Overlord on March 14th 2011, 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Yioibon
    Yioibon

Rep3

Post by Yioibon February 9th 2011, 12:25 am

It's too scary to lay eyes on. It BURNS!
    Erazor
    Erazor

Rep22

Post by Erazor February 9th 2011, 12:37 am

Yioibon wrote:It's too scary to lay eyes on. It BURNS!
    Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Gamelon_Ganon
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

Thoughts on the Digimon seasons? Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 February 28th 2011, 11:50 pm

Are you talking about the seasons for the first Digimon series?
    Chaos_Overlord
    Chaos_Overlord

Rep11

Post by Chaos_Overlord March 4th 2011, 11:20 pm

...eerrr, if you mean like Digimon Adventure and all the other seasons, then yes. If you mean the first season and its different story arks... then no.
    To Yioibon: Do you mean the new lyrics? Its not that bad, I personally liked them.
    Nate21212
    Nate21212

Rep0

Post by Nate21212 September 17th 2011, 12:36 am

I'll give the pros and cons of the first 5 seasons. I watched the english dubs if you were wondering..

Adventure 1:
    Pros- great start to the whole series, stunning timing on the first warp digivolutions, fun enemies Myotismon and Piedmon, memorable characters, i won't ever forget this season!
    Cons- apolycamon was only in 2 episodes, Sora was very bland, other "dark masters" were nothing compared to piedmon

Adventure 2:
    Pros: Patamon was cute, nice to see old characters
    Cons: other than ken there was ZERO character development, the dark ocean was a waste of space, new characters annoyed me so much, the ultimates were terrible, arukenimon and mummymon reminded me of team rocket, going back and forth through digital world like it was a freakin game :/

Tamers:
    Pros: mainly focused on 3 characters, BIOMERGING CAME OUT OF NOWHERE!, though the kids were a bit younger the show was more mature, beezelmon, amazing ending
    Cons: almost every adult in the season said at one point- "They're only children...", some people refuse to finish the series after seeing the cards

Frontier:
    Pros: good characters in Koji and Kouichi, duskmon looked amazing, difficulty level was insane throughout the season, mercurymon demolishing seraphimon
    Cons: No digimon partners, tagalong digimon bobamon and neemon...., the royal knight arc dragged on for what seemed like decades, lucemon's second form defeated with one attack

Data Squad/Savers
    Pros: many episodes ended dramatically, therefore hard to stop watching, kurata wasn't one of those villians that becomes swayed by digidestined(great change of pace), redundant fight/digivolution music but never got sick of it
    Cons: reiterated friendship, courage, and whatnot way too many times, kristy and biyomon was an annoying subplot, season felt a lot longer than it actually was(in a very bad way)

Heres my overall ranking-
    Tamers
    Frontier
    Adventure 1
    Data Squad
    diarrhea
    Adventure 2

I've watched every season all the way through and am open to debate :D

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content