Plix
10 posters

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores

Plix
    Plix

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Empty SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores

Post by Plix October 7th 2010, 12:31 pm

http://www.segabits.com/?p=4766
    Shade
    Shade

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep2

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Empty Re: SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores

Post by Shade October 7th 2010, 1:53 pm

That is the smartest move made in history. As promotion goes, I have to doff my cap to SEGA's intelligence concerning this decision.

It's kind of like only showing your parents test scores which you scored A or above in, and just discarding the rest of the tests.
    Zez
    Zez

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Blackr10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep24

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Empty Re: SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores

Post by Zez October 7th 2010, 4:13 pm

I'm surprised SEGA was aware that they made poor games.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Imagee10

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy October 7th 2010, 4:21 pm

Which games are they de-lisinting
    I enjoyed all sonic games... except for Sonic Riders...
    It would be a shame to see so many disappear. =/
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores White10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern October 7th 2010, 5:05 pm

Well let's see...
    every game from 1995-present now never happened?

I can live with that
    Shade
    Shade

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 7th 2010, 5:08 pm

Zez wrote:I'm surprised SEGA was aware that they made poor games.

Every company in the world will be aware when they make poor games. SEGA is no exception. They've simply chosen to cover up their poor games, though, which is marketing genius (as I said earlier).
    Zez
    Zez

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Blackr10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez October 7th 2010, 5:53 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:Every company in the world will be aware when they make poor games. SEGA is no exception. They've simply chosen to cover up their poor games, though, which is marketing genius (as I said earlier).

Joke, joke, sarcasm, and lulz.

I meant that SEGA never addressed this before, which lead everyone else to assume they were happy with everything they've done, sorry there, Captain Literal.
    TurboAce360
    TurboAce360

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 3qll2

Rep0

Post by TurboAce360 October 7th 2010, 6:27 pm

Finally, Sega's getting the picture.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores ZtZYh

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Blackr10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Zigzag10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores White10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 7th 2010, 6:38 pm

That is so hilarious. :faic:
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez October 7th 2010, 6:42 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    That is so hilarious. :faic:

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 207_not_sure_if_serious
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 56qtD

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 8th 2010, 3:17 am

Auflodern wrote:Well let's see...
    every game from 1995-present now never happened?

I can live with that

Actually, Sonic Adventure 2 on the Dreamcast is above average on Metacritic, so everything after June 19, 2001 never happened.

Now I can live with that as well.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy October 8th 2010, 4:22 am

also that means we'll be losing a few characters....
    Like silver the hedgehog.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 8th 2010, 9:11 am

karkooshy wrote:also that means we'll be losing a few characters....
    Like silver the hedgehog.

That's a pity, but I can live with that.

I hope we don't lose any games with Shadow the Hedgehog in it...
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez October 8th 2010, 7:51 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:I hope we don't lose any games with Shadow the Hedgehog in it...

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 24czcxx

Last edited by Zez on October 8th 2010, 8:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jmh
    Jmh

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores White10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 8th 2010, 8:13 pm

Wait, they're removing characters too?

Holy crap, my dream come true!
    Hayzer
    Hayzer

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores 3qll2

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores White10

Rep0

Post by Hayzer October 9th 2010, 1:10 pm

Wow...

I like how everyone here makes the ungodly jump in logic that "removing games from stores" means the same thing as "removing characters from franchise."

SEGA's not going to get rid of any characters. By the way, this de-crapisizing of Sonic retail is only in EMEA. Europe, Middle East and Africa. I don't think SoA is doing it or SoJ.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 9th 2010, 3:52 pm

Hayzer wrote:Wow...

I like how everyone here makes the ungodly jump in logic that "removing games from stores" means the same thing as "removing characters from franchise."

SEGA's not going to get rid of any characters. By the way, this de-crapisizing of Sonic retail is only in EMEA. Europe, Middle East and Africa. I don't think SoA is doing it or SoJ.

That's good. Some of the characters in some of the 'bad' games are quite vital.
    Jmh
    Jmh

SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medalw11SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores White10SEGA de-listing Sonic titles with low review scores Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh October 9th 2010, 5:56 pm

Ah...... Crap.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content