+6
Super Racer Z
NeoMetalSonic
Shade
Auflodern
Phantom
The Freedom Fighter
10 posters

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels ZtZYh

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Blackr10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels White10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Empty RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels

Post by The Freedom Fighter October 10th 2010, 2:06 pm

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/10/09/sonic-anniversary-to-be-modern-adaptation-of-best-classic-levels/
    Phantom
    Phantom

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels VOZLn

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep11

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Empty Re: RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels

Post by Phantom October 10th 2010, 6:06 pm

As in, re-created verbatim or just designed in the similar style?

Sounds good to me, but I'd prefer something relatively new.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels VOZLn

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels White10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep26

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Empty Re: RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels

Post by Auflodern October 10th 2010, 6:15 pm

This is good for Sega.

Everyone kows that they suck at new ideas so they just remake old ones. Pretty damn good marketing for those circumstances...
    Shade
    Shade

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 11th 2010, 3:52 pm

I'm glad. The Sonic Comics of the old were absolutely sublime, so it makes sense to recreate them in a modern way. Good work, SEGA.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Imagee10

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Blackr10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels White10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic October 11th 2010, 5:32 pm

Sweet Mercy wrote:I'm glad. The Sonic Comics of the old were absolutely sublime, so it makes sense to recreate them in a modern way. Good work, SEGA.
    What?
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels 56qtD

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z October 11th 2010, 7:25 pm

Seems like it could be pretty cool. I just hope SEGA/Sonic Team start making good original titles again someday soon.

And regarding Sonic Adventure 2 levels, I hope Metal Harbor is in there.
    Phantom
    Phantom

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep11

Post by Phantom October 11th 2010, 8:34 pm

If this does happen, then there might be some sort of poll as to which levels from what games people like the most.
    TurboAce360
    TurboAce360

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels 3qll2

Rep0

Post by TurboAce360 October 12th 2010, 2:33 am

This is great! As long as they screw anything up.
    Shade
    Shade

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep2

Post by Shade October 12th 2010, 11:11 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Sweet Mercy wrote:I'm glad. The Sonic Comics of the old were absolutely sublime, so it makes sense to recreate them in a modern way. Good work, SEGA.
    What?

Sorry, Neo, I meant the games. You've got to admit, though, I've got a point. The old Sonic games were really good.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix October 12th 2010, 1:11 pm

This is just a rumor, nothing about the title has been confirmed yet, except that there is one.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 13th 2010, 11:37 am

SupaSEGA wrote:This is just a rumor, nothing about the title has been confirmed yet, except that there is one.

It's just a rumour? I hope it's true. It would be nice to think SEGA would take inspiration from times when their games were really good, and adapt that into their future games.
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa October 14th 2010, 10:29 am

I wouldn't mind a game that remakes old zones for the anniversary. Would be cool if retired characters show up too, to celebrate Sonic in-game.
    sykog
    sykog

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Imagee10

RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Blackr10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalw11RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medalg10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Zigzag10RUMOR: Sonic 20th Anniversary to be Modern Adaptation of Best Classic Levels Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog October 16th 2010, 2:51 pm

I liked how they made a 3D version of Green Hill Zone in SA2.
    Shade
    Shade

Rep2

Post by Shade October 16th 2010, 4:20 pm

Kuronoa wrote:I wouldn't mind a game that remakes old zones for the anniversary. Would be cool if retired characters show up too, to celebrate Sonic in-game.

I agree with you on that one. Retired characters showing up in the new game would be very good, and I would look forward to that a lot. It would also help the classic theme.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content