superchaos
The Freedom Fighter
Crystal Chaotix 3
Zez
sykog
10 posters

If silver was a mink...

Poll

If silver was a mink would he be more popular?

[ 5 ]
    If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Bar_le1138%If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [38%] 
    [ 8 ]
    If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Bar_le1162%If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [62%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Zez
    Zez

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 VOZLn

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep24

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Empty Re: If silver was a mink...

Post by Zez February 18th 2009, 9:24 pm

Chances are, I'd hate Silver if he were a hedgehog.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Imagee10

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic February 19th 2009, 6:25 am

Still prefer a Mink
    Chaosmaster8753
    Chaosmaster8753

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Kz2PK

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10

Rep0

Post by Chaosmaster8753 February 19th 2009, 10:07 pm

If anything, I'd like to see a mink in Silver's world as an ally or something.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 18th 2009, 10:18 pm

Zezima wrote:Some of Silver's Character traits are quite annoying, also.

Depends on who the person is I guess.

But it really makes no difference, or rather it shouldn't, if he were a mink or not. If Silver started out as a mink and looked exactly the same way he did now and no one complained about him being a Sonic look-a-like (which would, without a doubt, happen) then I'd see no point in anyone caring what species he was in the first place.
    Zez
    Zez

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep24

Post by Zez March 19th 2009, 1:28 pm

If he were Silver the Mink I would have sooo fewer problems with him.
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 19th 2009, 8:34 pm

Zezima wrote:If he were Silver the Mink I would have sooo fewer problems with him.

That sounds a bit odd really.
    sykog
    sykog

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 10:48 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:If he were Silver the Mink I would have sooo fewer problems with him.

Yeah it does. Too bad 30% of the fanbase agrees with that statement.
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 20th 2009, 10:52 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Why Too Bad? Just the fact that they actually freegin' chose to make yet another hedgehog when they could have been at least a little original? But now, it's jsut like: Oh my god... another one?
    sykog
    sykog

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 10:55 pm

Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Why Too Bad? Just the fact that they actually freegin' chose to make yet another hedgehog when they could have been at least a little original? But now, it's jsut like: Oh my god... another one?
    4 isn't that much. Now if we have about 7 hedgehogs running around then that could be a problem.x
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 ZtZYh

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13If silver was a mink... - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 20th 2009, 10:57 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

4 isn't that much. Now if we have about 7 hedgehogs running around then that could be a problem.x
    Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Silver, Mephiles Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and a battalion of Shadow Androids. Is that enough? :P
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic March 20th 2009, 10:59 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Silver, Mephiles Silver Sonic, Metal Sonic, Mecha Sonic, and a battalion of Shadow Androids. Is that enough? :P
    *sigh*
    Welp time to go on a killing spree
    *loads shotgun*
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 March 20th 2009, 11:01 pm

Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

But that's the thing. If Silver was simply called a mink but his look hadn't changed absolutely no one would've had a problem with that as much as they do now. And I think they were original when they chose Silver's personality at least. Naive and full of justice isn't a combination I see often. Still, this is just a labeling casualty that I find a bit unfair.

Silver had to get the short straw and debut in a game that had all ready drastically messed with the other characters. It's almost as if he wasn't even given a fair chance by anyone, not even the people that created him.

Besides, even though Next-gen failed, I do like the Past, Present, and Future theme they had going there with the hedgehogs. And for each hedgehog there is an Eggman/Robotnik as well. However, that I see as more of a cool coicendence rather then a basis for argument.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 11:02 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

No, I'm not including Robots, since they are just Metallic Sonics. And Mephlis technically is not a hedgehog. I could say the same for Shadow but I won't go that far. [:center][img]h
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 11:04 pm

Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:
    Zezima wrote:
    sykog77 wrote:
    Crystal Chaotix 3 wrote:

But that's the thing. If Silver was simply called a mink but his look hadn't changed absolutely no one would've had a problem with that as much as they do now. And I think they were original when they chose Silver's personality at least. Naive and full of justice isn't a combination I see often. Still, this is just a labeling casualty that I find a bit unfair.

Silver had to get the short straw and debut in a game that had all ready drastically messed with the other characters. It's almost as if he wasn't even given a fair chance by anyone, not even the people that created him.

Besides, even though Next-gen failed, I do like the Past, Present, and Future theme they had going there with the hedgehogs. And for each hedgehog there is an Eggman/Robotnik as well. However, that I see as more of a cool coicendence rather then a basis for argument.
    Yup. if that was true, NO ONE would even think of calling him a recolor.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Blackr10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 White10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13If silver was a mink... - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 20th 2009, 11:05 pm

I know this is off topic a bit, but I kinda wanted Shadow to be a lizard, but yeah...
    But a mink actually could have changed things up. If he had mink like qualities paired with his telekinesis, it could have made him a bit more special; actually, I don't think he even did anything similar to his species in all of SNG. But I agree the hedgehog trio theme was a good idea, if not better, considering the situation.

Last edited by The Freedom Fighter on March 20th 2009, 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zez
    Zez

Rep24

Post by Zez March 20th 2009, 11:07 pm

What I'm saying is that the creators were actually so brazen as to make ANOTHER friggin' hedgehog. Wow, dude, your mascot is a hedgehog, his enemy is a hedgehog, his girlfriend is a hedgehog, his OTHER enemies are hedgehogs, hey I got an idea: LESS MAKE ANUDDER HEDGEHOG!!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 20th 2009, 11:08 pm

sykog77 wrote:Yup. if that was true, NO ONE would even think of calling him a recolor.
    Not exactly true. I still feel Marine could be a Ray recolor, and quite a few think she is a Cream recolor.
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 11:09 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:I know this is off topic a bit, but I kinda wanted Shadow to be a lizard, but yeah...
    Now that I think about it, that would actually be pretty cool. TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 11:12 pm

sykog77 wrote:Yup. if that was true, NO ONE would even think of calling him a recolor.
    Not exactly true. I still feel Marine could be a Ray recolor, and quite a few think she is a Cream recolor.
    Why? Recolor: a character with the same appearance as another character, but colored differently. I can see the similarities, but they definitaley don't look exactly the same. Some people need to get their definitions straight. eye roll
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 20th 2009, 11:21 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    Why? Recolor: a character with the same appearance as another character, but colored differently. I can see the similarities, but they definitaley don't look exactly the same. Some people need to get their definitions straight. eye roll
    I think they look quite alike.
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img167/7240/raywannabeqz2.png
    sykog
    sykog

Rep29

Post by sykog March 20th 2009, 11:23 pm

sykog77 wrote:
    I think they look quite alike.
    https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img167/7240/raywannabeqz2.png
    Yes, they are similar, but they aren't recolors.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 20th 2009, 11:26 pm

Most spriters consider minor edits and recolors as just recolors. So I suppose I should be saying it's a minor edit and recolor, but whatever.
    Gamma The Great
    Gamma The Great

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalw11If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medalg10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Zigzag10If silver was a mink... - Page 2 Medal13

Rep2

Post by Gamma The Great March 26th 2009, 3:55 am

Silver is on the border of recolor, although naiming him as a Hedgehog was a bold move in of itself.
    Topaz
    Topaz

If silver was a mink... - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Topaz November 9th 2009, 11:46 am

-shrugs-

I just call him a minkhog.

As for the popularity- imagine shadow as a rabbit. Would that be popular?

Also did that make sense? I think not..
    Crystal Chaotix 3
    Crystal Chaotix 3

Rep17

Post by Crystal Chaotix 3 November 13th 2009, 2:03 pm

Zezima wrote:What I'm saying is that the creators were actually so brazen as to make ANOTHER friggin' hedgehog. Wow, dude, your mascot is a hedgehog, his enemy is a hedgehog, his girlfriend is a hedgehog, his OTHER enemies are hedgehogs, hey I got an idea: LESS MAKE ANUDDER HEDGEHOG!!

If there weren't connections that led to me understanding why they decided to make those hedgehogs, hedgehogs I'd probably agree with you.

Silver's gimmick was to complete the past, present , and future roles they had going on. And honestly, two hedgehogs and a mink would've just been odd. So at least there's a reason. Not to mention, four actual hedgehogs isn't a big number. Complaining about the robots seems stupid because of the extreme number of them already. But that's not something we complain about is it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content