23 posters

Ideas, anybody?

SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13

: Male
     Rep12

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Empty Re: Ideas, anybody?

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 9th 2011, 6:52 pm

Miles24 wrote:I actually strongly disagree with the such. If we were to change the topic that TSC surrounds, not only can we lose possible new members, but we could bring in members that could cause harm to the community. The fact that it is a Sonic site is not the issue. Outside of the community and the design, there really isn't anything that differentiates us from any other Sonic forum. If we were to add something as a web-comic, commentary team, or even contests with actual prizes, then we could easily bring in new members without having to completely overhaul the site and jeopardize what the site has already established.

I agree with you there, Miles. While we could have some more additions, I have to say that we not only have to add those kinds of activities, we need to add a bit more Sonic into the flow. SF is also right; we sort of need to make the site more Sonic-like. Although I believe that the greatest excuse for not having so many Sonic sections would be that we put a bunch of related Sonic media and put it in one spot.
    I also admit that our topics aren't really doing much for the forums. A while back, I wasn't seeing much activity in some topics, besides a post or two. I am seeing some topics getting some discussion, which is good. Most of the posts, it seems, go into the Random or Forum Games section. If we could spur up some more discussion(like we're doing now! :D), though, that'd be cool.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 10th 2011, 1:40 am

Hmm, okay.
    Banner contest? Fine, we can do that I think.
    The awards take some dedication, but we can get that up and running.
    Lemonade stand? No, too sour.
    Selling members? Illegal, some guy on eBay already tried to sell his family.
    Fan art contest? Sounds good, and I have an idea to reward that. Which will work for the banner contest too.
    Mod status? Nah...but you can still get promoted, you just need to prove yourself.
    Yes. I might need karkooshy's help with this, but this is doable. Just name the games and the code and all that.
    Um, go ahead.
    Roleplay. Yes, you're right, it's different enough from Fanfiction, so I'll make the forum on one condition. Get some Roleplays going in Fanfiction. If you get them going and PM me personally the links, I will make your forum and transfer all the RPs over.
    Miles, you work on that. You're one of the better video makes and banner makers, so that should be easy for you.
    We have quality content, we just have a huge lack of posting effort.
    More Sonic forums? Fine, what then? Honestly, I can't really think of any more to add. Name some, and we can discuss.
    Schismatist, go right ahead.

And no. No, no, and no. This forum will always be The Sonic Community. That's that. We can make spinoff sites like The Kirby Community, we can make The Viewtiful Joe Community, we can even make The Halo Community, but this will always be The Sonic Community.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 10th 2011, 10:13 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Hmm, okay.
    Fan art contest? Sounds good, and I have an idea to reward that. Which will work for the banner contest too.
    Mod status? Nah...but you can still get promoted, you just need to prove yourself.
    Yes. I might need karkooshy's help with this, but this is doable. Just name the games and the code and all that.
    Um, go ahead.
    Roleplay. Yes, you're right, it's different enough from Fanfiction, so I'll make the forum on one condition. Get some Roleplays going in Fanfiction. If you get them going and PM me personally the links, I will make your forum and transfer all the RPs over.
    Miles, you work on that. You're one of the better video makes and banner makers, so that should be easy for you.
    More Sonic forums? Fine, what then? Honestly, I can't really think of any more to add. Name some, and we can discuss.

And no. No, no, and no. This forum will always be The Sonic Community. That's that. We can make spinoff sites like The Kirby Community, we can make The Viewtiful Joe Community, we can even make The Halo Community, but this will always be The Sonic Community.

Nicely said, man.
    Sonamy43
    Sonamy43

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 3qll2

: Female
     Rep3

Post by Sonamy43 March 11th 2011, 3:48 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Hmm, okay.
    Um, go ahead.

Sounds good! :D
    MidnightTC
    MidnightTC

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 WFmvl

: Female
     Rep0

Post by MidnightTC March 11th 2011, 3:16 pm

I like the RP idea!
    Erazor
    Erazor

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Imagee10

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalg10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 14th 2011, 8:38 pm

SEGA Dude wrote:1000 members in three years is not really incredibly hard to achieve. Yes, the fact that this place has active members after that long is good, but I bet at least a hundred of our members never posted, posted less than ten times, or are multiple accounts. Think of that.

I still think we should be asking ourselves a bigger question, since this debate over more Sonic or less Sonic has been going on ever since the very, very first consolidation of the forums I pushed for, which was the dissolution of the specific character boards (Sonic, Tails, Amy, Knuckles, etc.). That bigger question is: Are we even a Sonic forum anymore? Yes, we have Sonic fans, and a Sonic theme, and Sonic avatars and stuff...but what if we expanded and chose a new topic to center TSC around, and gave the forum a HUGE revamp? As in, new forum, new name, new theme/skin, and all of the members could come to the new place and we could all start anew. This place is dying...and the advertisement push could focus more on TSC merging with/growing into another forum.

Some will always disagree...but doesn't it excite you at least a bit? Packing up and moving to a bigger, different place?

If this is some sort of hint that you're making your own forum fill me in, because I'd be on board for that.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix March 21st 2011, 4:44 pm

What do you mean, you'd be on board for moving to a forum if I made one?
    The Blue Blur
    The Blue Blur

Rep0

Post by The Blue Blur March 21st 2011, 8:03 pm

If it Helps i Told a Tiny Sonic Fan YouTube Channels Leader About This One
    The Blue Blur
    The Blue Blur

Rep0

Post by The Blue Blur March 21st 2011, 8:40 pm

Also Is This Site How About a Net Work Of Websites Like This And Make iT A Part Of Sonic Fan Network i Know Its Stupid Also Is This Site How About a Net Work Of Websites Like This And Make iT A Part Of Sonic Fan Network i Know Its Stupid

Last edited by The Blue Blur on March 24th 2011, 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : k)
    Erazor
    Erazor

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalg10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor March 22nd 2011, 10:37 pm

SEGA Dude wrote:What do you mean, you'd be on board for moving to a forum if I made one?
    Well, let's face facts. This place sucks now. If you were to make a new forum I'd happily join.
    Cy-Fox
    Cy-Fox

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep0

Post by Cy-Fox March 23rd 2011, 2:49 am

The Blue Blur wrote:Also Is This Site How About a Net Work Of Websites Like This And Make iT A Part Of Sonic Fan Network i Know Its Stupid

Erazor wrote:
    SEGA Dude wrote:What do you mean, you'd be on board for moving to a forum if I made one?
    Well, let's face facts. This place sucks now. If you were to make a new forum I'd happily join.

#1: Please don't double post. If you have something add, use the Edit function.

#2: Nothing is compelling you to stay here Erazor. The last thing this place needs during this period is a straw man spitting on what's been achieved and what's to be done.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 25th 2011, 1:22 am

I'd like to add my own opinion as well.
    I love Sonic, and just about everything Sonic. That's why I joined the SEGA forums. I quickly found out that everyone else who likes Sonic is a moron.
    Then, I got a kindly invite from someone I've never heard from, suggesting I move here. I figured I didn't have much to lose, so I tried this place out. And you know what? I liked it here. Everyone is nice, reasonable, and generally thinks out what they say. I have yet to see any of you whine about green eyes or plastic grass.
    I still play Sonic. All the time. I play Colors occasionally just to fly through as Super Sonic. Same thing with 3 and 4. I've also seen an astounding amount of reasonableness. Instead of the usual "oh Unleashed sucks and '06 was dreadful, boo to heroes" I see people saying they enjoyed them, and I even saw someone post that Heroes was their favorite. That, I think, is possibly what I like the most about this place. You guys break away from the crowd, state your opinion, and show it proudly. So what if Unleashed got some of the worse reviews and hate? It was fun, and enjoyable. So please, if there's anything I can do to help, I'd like to. I'm not much good at anything really, but I'll try for this forum.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 25th 2011, 1:37 am

Well, if you know of anyone worth inviting, go right ahead, we'd love more members to keep the discussions going, Sonic or not.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 March 27th 2011, 5:59 pm

Uhh, would it possible to bring back our music player?
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 27th 2011, 6:28 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Uhh, would it possible to bring back our music player?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 27th 2011, 10:04 pm

Step 1: Build ultimate fighting arena.
    Step 2: Get contestants.
    Step 3: Force them to fight to the death, broadcast it live.
    Step 4: ?
    Step 6: Profit!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 29th 2011, 4:07 am

Jmh wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Uhh, would it possible to bring back our music player?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Yeah, I'll do that right now. Just to be clear, at the time, Zezima was experiment to find a better player, and he wanted to set up multiple playlists. So yeah, that's why things are not so great. But yeah, I'll set that up right now.

Now, I wanna get that thing going. Sadly, if I remember right, foreigners will have a hard/impossible time with it, so I still want a new player, but this will do for now.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 29th 2011, 7:30 am

Always a goal for a future date, right?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 29th 2011, 1:28 pm

nuva500 wrote:Always a goal for a future date, right?
    Well, unless you have a DeLorean, we can't set it for a past date. :P
    In any case, I can't do it yet, so that's why I'm trying to grab someone's attention now. But we'll see. In the meantime, go to Home and choose the Music Player! 8)
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 29th 2011, 5:17 pm

You'd be surprised of when I can set dates. I may or may not be a Timelander.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 29th 2011, 11:49 pm

Alright, then start time traveling. :P
    Anonymous

Post by Guest March 30th 2011, 2:49 am

So you want to time travel? Just make sure you don't become your own grandfather. Stuff leads to weird genetic problems, man. Oh, and don't give yourself an item or information from the future. Especially don't give yourself a time machine from the future, because that'll slowly rip the entire universe apart. And that's bad.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva March 30th 2011, 7:29 am

Geez guys, I know all this already. You don't just become a Timelander, you also have the Official Time Traveler's League come by and give you all the rules and helpful tips. Besides, I've been doing this for years (or will I be doing it for years? It's hard to remember sometimes) already, so no worries. But I appreciate the concern.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter March 30th 2011, 5:41 pm

I figured you did, hence why I'm sending you on the mission. So go! :P
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh March 30th 2011, 6:06 pm

Hell yeah! Thank you TFF!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content