Jmh
Auflodern
SonicFanPS2
23 posters

Ideas, anybody?

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 ZtZYh

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medal13Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ideas, anybody?

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 11th 2011, 10:11 pm

Hushimo wrote:No, The Freedom Fighter did, which is one reason why he's defending it. There are so many other titles we could use, it's limitless to subject matter. The current one is just a description of what we already know is there. Using an original name can only work in our benefit.
    I came up with it? Confused
    Jmh
    Jmh

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Imagee10

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 12th 2011, 12:30 am

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    Hushimo wrote:No, The Freedom Fighter did, which is one reason why he's defending it. There are so many other titles we could use, it's limitless to subject matter. The current one is just a description of what we already know is there. Using an original name can only work in our benefit.
    I came up with it? Confused
    Is this really Zez?
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 VOZLn

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 12th 2011, 6:36 pm

Oh yeah, could we make it so we could login at any time on any topic? That'd always be handy.

Also, like before, could we type a message even as a guest, which automatically causes it to ask us to login, and then the message is still entered(sorry, run-on sentence thar)? That was also pretty nice.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 12th 2011, 7:55 pm

Probably not. Forumotion isn't magic. Hosting your own site, however...you can do pretty much anything with that. But sadly, we lack the required monies (and likely the technical skill) to do that.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 12th 2011, 8:19 pm

The Fused Ones wrote:Probably not. Forumotion isn't magic. Hosting your own site, however...you can do pretty much anything with that. But sadly, we lack the required monies (and likely the technical skill) to do that.

Hmm, well, is it possible to at least put a login spot on the front page/forum? I've seen some forums that have it, though I'm not entirely forumotion would be able to do it.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Blackr10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalw11Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Zigzag10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 White10Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medal13Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 13th 2011, 1:50 am

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Oh yeah, if you guys would want any remixes on the music player, there are free mp3 remixes of Sonic songs over are OverClocked ReMix!

http://ocremix.org/

Also, is it possible to get the music player as a window?
    Not that I know of. I'd suggest just making a separate tab.

I'll put up all those songs eventually, I have to find the links I need to integrate them.

On the bright side, all the songs have been fixed for the TSC Music Player! Go listen up!
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 GOMM8

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medal13

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 13th 2011, 7:35 am

Forumotion does allow you to put a quick login feature on the index, I just chose not activate it seeing as how there's already a log in button.
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy April 13th 2011, 10:57 am

The Fused Ones wrote:Probably not. Forumotion isn't magic. Hosting your own site, however...you can do pretty much anything with that. But sadly, we lack the required monies (and likely the technical skill) to do that.

That's not entirely true.
    You can do anything with forumotion, its just that it takes more effort to build stuff since you'd have to do it all from scratch.
    I would recommend against the idea of a name change as well, seeing as how the site is old. Members and guests get attached to it.

What my recommendations are:
    1. Change the arcade into a forum and only allow staff members to post new topics... so you can include the game in the post and users can comment on the game and share and compete against each others' scores.
    2. More contests. I would start off with something big that everyone can take part it in. Like a quiz hosted on the chatbox about Sonic, Sega, gaming or TSC history in general.
    3. Blog. I've suggested this before xD... have a forum where a specific group can write official, quality articles. Articles about gaming and specifically Sonic. You can then tweet about such articles, you get guests, and guests are potential members. If possible, I would also allow guests to be able to comment in the blog.
    Articles can range from trailers of new games, to console specs, to game reviews.
    There are endless possibilities :D
    4. More skins xP
    Kuronoa
    Kuronoa

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by Kuronoa April 13th 2011, 4:12 pm

karkooshy wrote:
    3. Blog. I've suggested this before xD... have a forum where a specific group can write official, quality articles. Articles about gaming and specifically Sonic. You can then tweet about such articles, you get guests, and guests are potential members. If possible, I would also allow guests to be able to comment in the blog.
    Articles can range from trailers of new games, to console specs, to game reviews.

I like this idea. It certainly interesting enough to see news, editorials and reviews from a community as opposed to just a select few (owners of site more-less).

It would also help to be flexible, centering around Sonic and Sega yet also just plain gaming talk or perhaps putting attention to platformer genre talk which keeps things broad without straying from being Sonic site to begin with.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 13th 2011, 7:16 pm

Hushimo wrote:Forumotion does allow you to put a quick login feature on the index, I just chose not activate it seeing as how there's already a log in button.

I do see your point; I usually just click on that. I just think it would be a nice touch, I guess.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 13th 2011, 7:41 pm

karkooshy wrote:1. Change the arcade into a forum and only allow staff members to post new topics... so you can include the game in the post and users can comment on the game and share and compete against each others' scores.
    Hmm, I like it. We'll leave the Arcade, but we can do the forum thing as well: make new topics, post the links to each specific game, and then let people post in it.
    karkooshy wrote:2. More contests. I would start off with something big that everyone can take part it in. Like a quiz hosted on the chatbox about Sonic, Sega, gaming or TSC history in general.
    Alright, good idea. If anyone wants to head that quiz or submit more contest ideas, say so here.
    karkooshy wrote:3. Blog. I've suggested this before xD... have a forum where a specific group can write official, quality articles. Articles about gaming and specifically Sonic. You can then tweet about such articles, you get guests, and guests are potential members. If possible, I would also allow guests to be able to comment in the blog.
    I really want to do this. Like Zelda Informer, but for Sonic fans. If we can get enough support for this, we'll set it up as best we can.
    karkooshy wrote:4. More skins xP
    We're just waiting on Zezima to get back online now. :P
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy April 14th 2011, 5:13 am

Just to say, you can include the flash game itself in the post and save members a click... There are a few disadvantages to this (if you want to comment, you'd have to reload the game), but otherwise I think its more convenient since you don't have to go back and forth between tabs/windows, and it doesn't mess up the HTML pages back at the ACP- especially since there is a limit to how many HTML pages you can have, you would be able to use search to search for the game, and it makes it easier to add new games (all you gotta do is create a new topic), it also mean you can dedicate more staff members to add new games since admins wouldn't be the only ones capable of doing so. You can also include a brief description of the game, along with the controls in the post. Staff members can then edit the post and include a high scores list for that particular game.

In my opinion, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Example:
    Spoiler:
    The Blue Blur
    The Blue Blur

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 WFmvl

Rep0

Post by The Blue Blur April 14th 2011, 11:45 pm

It Is A Nice Idea This Place Is The Sonic Community Now This Is Just Me Fine But I Think The Only Thing We Can Do Besides Ads Are Getting A Bunch Of Tiny Sonic Forums Then Add Them Here As Members

Also Im Finshing Up Sonic & Forte Yeah I Know The Series Was Crap

No Not The Cookie Monster Agh!!!

Last edited by The Blue Blur on April 14th 2011, 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bite Me)
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 15th 2011, 12:28 am

Be careful The Blue Blur, there are several members who would be happy to bite things. :P

Well okay, Karkooshy. The only reason I didn't want to do the embed thing was because I didn't want to have to find the link to each game, but if the Arcade forum takes off, I'll put the rest of the games in.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 24th 2011, 2:07 pm

Do you guys think we could start any events?
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 24th 2011, 5:28 pm

Sure, got anything in mind?
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 24th 2011, 6:30 pm

Eh, just some ideas to bring the members together, I guess. Could we have annual contests, or celebrations of some sort? Maybe just a social gathering every once in a while?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 24th 2011, 7:26 pm

We could add each other on our respective consoles, and compare Sonic 4 time trials. It's recorded on the leaderboards, and you can easily look up your friends' scores.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 24th 2011, 7:53 pm

Can that work cross-console? 'Cause I only have a Wii.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 24th 2011, 8:15 pm

nuva500 wrote:Can that work cross-console? 'Cause I only have a Wii.

It could. We would probably need photographic evidence at that point, though. It's still comparable and plausible, however, so yes.
    theez

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 3qll2

Rep0

Post by theez April 24th 2011, 9:11 pm

Yeah. But since we have PSN account usernames and Xbox live Gamertages, we can communicate with online play and stuff like that.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

Rep38

Post by Hushimo April 24th 2011, 9:27 pm

theez wrote:Yeah. But since we have PSN account usernames and Xbox live Gamertages, we can communicate with online play and stuff like that.

Yeah, I know. I'm saying if it's from Wii to PS360.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 25th 2011, 7:41 am

You guys should just all get Wii's to make me feel not left out. Or something. I haven't quite thought this out completely yet.
    theez

Ideas, anybody? - Page 4 3qll2

Rep0

Post by theez April 25th 2011, 9:16 am

nuva500 wrote:You guys should just all get Wii's to make me feel not left out. Or something. I haven't quite thought this out completely yet.
    Sorry, but not right now at least. Mayby when Sonic starts to never come out on PS3. But we could all have like a time attack tournament on Sonic unleashed.
    Nuva
    Nuva

Rep20

Post by Nuva April 25th 2011, 4:41 pm

I only have Unleashed for PS2, so it'd have to be the same deal as Sonic 4

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content