TSC Enters Contest

Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

TSC Enters Contest Medal13

Rep38

TSC Enters Contest Empty TSC Enters Contest

Post by Hushimo April 29th 2011, 7:40 pm

Forumotion is hosting a contest for the best of the Forumotion forums. I entered TSC. The details are vague. They'll narrow the contestants down with a series of 3 rounds, the first round ends May 2nd. As for the prize, they didn't reveal what it is, simply that it's something highly desirable. We'll see if we make it.

Thoughts, questions, comments?
    Jmh
    Jmh

TSC Enters Contest Imagee10

TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

TSC Enters Contest Empty Re: TSC Enters Contest

Post by Jmh April 29th 2011, 8:07 pm

Awesome! Let's show them which forum is truly in motion!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

TSC Enters Contest Blackr10TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13TSC Enters Contest 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 29th 2011, 8:14 pm

Hmm...I know, the prize is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l91ISfcuzDw
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

TSC Enters Contest Medalg10

Rep9

Post by karkooshy April 30th 2011, 10:41 am

The prize is probably points for your forum... you know... to remove adds, purchase a domain name, legally be able to remove the FM link (even though its not there already... which is very worrying xP)... etc. etc.
    Good luck! :)
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 7th 2011, 7:09 pm

*agnry faic*

TSC didn't make to round 2, and what's worse, is that they considered this site to be technically superior in terms of design and creativity potential, displaying Forumotion's better qualities as a host: http://haihaua.foruma.biz/

Last edited by Hushimo on May 7th 2011, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

TSC Enters Contest Blackr10TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13TSC Enters Contest Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 7th 2011, 7:37 pm

Hushimo wrote:
    *agnry faic*

TSC didn't make to round 2, and what's worse, is that they considered this site to be technically superior in terms of design and creativity potential, displaying Forumotion's better qualities as a host: http://haihaua.foruma.biz/

Someones mad their site is bad
    karkooshy
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy May 7th 2011, 10:57 pm

Hushimo wrote:
    *agnry faic*

Someone forgot to close his HTML tag so now everything below his post is bigger xD
    Regardless... TSC is definitely the better site in terms of design in my opinion. I guess the judges were a little lazy... you know... when you get dozens of participants, you develop a reluctance to look at all of them, happened with loads of my old teachers. Not to mention that the very name "sonic" in the url is a turn-down for most people...
    You can politely ask one of the judges via PM why TSC didn't make it to the second round, and we can see what really went wrong :)
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 7th 2011, 11:10 pm

Already did. Waiting for a reply.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

TSC Enters Contest Blackr10TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13TSC Enters Contest 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 8th 2011, 3:16 am

Watch that take forever too.
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

TSC Enters Contest VOZLn

TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 8th 2011, 6:58 am

Hushimo wrote:
    *agnry faic*

U mad bro?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 8th 2011, 11:53 am

Auflodern wrote:U mad bro?

No... I only said I was angry in centered and superfluously enlarged text, what makes you think I'm disgruntled my fellow compatriot?
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

TSC Enters Contest VOZLn

TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 8th 2011, 12:09 pm

Hushimo wrote:
    Auflodern wrote:U mad bro?

No... I only said I was angry in centered and superfluously enlarged text, what makes you think I'm disgruntled my fellow compatriot?

you did not attend my parties
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 8th 2011, 12:09 pm

Cry me a river.

EDIT:

This is the PM I sent to the main judge:

Xanthis wrote:Yes, I just wanted an answer from one of the judges as to why my forum didn't make it past round 1. I don't mean to be conceited, boastful, or cocky, but I believe compared to a few of the forums you've selected for round 2, it could have easily qualified. As previously stated in my submission reply, it has a functioning skin selector, a feature I failed to see in the other applicants, over a thousand members, and over one hundred thousand messages, but I know that's a little frivolous, as quality should be considered over quantity.

But still, I'd like to know how, my forum was submitted in the right timeframe, didn't break any rules, had appropriate content, and an original, and what I think to be a tasteful theme(s). I'm not trying to be that one d who has to complain about everything, but just a little "The others were better," or something. I don't understand how some of those forums that took no effort placed higher in your views than a site that took months of planning and designing and effort failed to capture your attention. Again, no spamming or other such nonsense intended, thank you. I doubt you'll even read, let alone reply to this, but it was worth a try, eh?

This is the reply I received:

Tilum wrote:Hi,

Your forum appeared on my list (not trying to appease you, just informing you). It did not appear on the the other two judges lists though. Since we have a couple of spaces and you wrote a long and persuasive PM, I'll put your forum through to the next round. Darren said something about a footer violation, which is why your forum didn't get a vote from him, you may want to fix that before/if your forum gets to round 3. Also, i hate your navbar.
    Also, watch your manners, and those of your members. This thread nearly made me change my mind.

~ Tilum

PS, I read it, replied to it AND actioned on it. Bet you didn't see that coming did you. eh?

karkooshy
    karkooshy

Rep9

Post by karkooshy May 8th 2011, 3:30 pm

I mentioned the footer violation before in another topic (I think I also PMed one of the staff while you were absent).
    But it can't be fixed until the founder account is back- well unless you find another way to include a Forumotion link to every page of TSC. Using widgets is an idea, but that would ruin the looks in my opinion.
    Forumotion updated their forum system so users can exchange points to remove the FM link, as a result, the templates have changed and any edited templates were broken.
    Once the founder account is back, you can fix the footer by following the instructions FM provided:
    http://help.forumotion.com/t86470-new-update-mobile-forums-footer-edit-and-more-inside

Congratulations on making it to round 2 btw :)
    Good luck with the rest of it ;)
    You got my vote ^^

EDIT: Actually... there might be a way to modify how widgets look like and move them to the footer using css..... but that will take ages... The quickest most efficient way would be to get the founder account back.
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 8th 2011, 4:33 pm

And so God commandeth ye to vote: http://help.forumotion.com/t90052-best-of-forumotion-2011-round-2
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 8th 2011, 4:52 pm

The Navbar? Well um, okay, that's your opinion I guess. And as for the manners thing, yeah, the two above need to pay more attention to that pony show, and I'm just frustrated with waiting for that password. In fact, as karkooshy said, it'll help us get that footer thing back.

But to the real topic, I still wish the prize was a million, but I'll be happy with points too. I'm just glad we got the Round 1 thing clarified; even if we didn't get bumped to Round 2, that's all I would have wanted.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh May 8th 2011, 4:59 pm

Not to be a downer or anything, but what are the chances of us winning anyways? I mean, do you honesty expect them to give us the Number 1 spot for best forum ever on forumotion?
    Hushimo
    Hushimo

TSC Enters Contest GOMM8

Rep38

Post by Hushimo May 8th 2011, 4:59 pm

We're in 4th right now.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 8th 2011, 5:18 pm

Our chances are infinite! Just raise your hand to the sky, point, and proudly boast that we are Number One! Nothing stands in our way! We won't stop until we pierce the Heavens! That's when we know we've won!
    Auflodern
    Auflodern

TSC Enters Contest VOZLn

Rep26

Post by Auflodern May 8th 2011, 5:36 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Our chances are infinite! Just raise your hand to the sky, point, and proudly boast that we are Number One! Nothing stands in our way! We won't stop until we pierce the Heavens! That's when we know we've won!

Sarcasm self test complete
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh May 8th 2011, 5:38 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Our chances are infinite! Just raise your hand to the sky, point, and proudly boast that we are Number One! Nothing stands in our way! We won't stop until we pierce the Heavens! That's when we know we've won!
    .... Or I could just play Halo Reach.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

TSC Enters Contest Blackr10TSC Enters Contest Medalw11TSC Enters Contest Zigzag10TSC Enters Contest White10TSC Enters Contest Medal13TSC Enters Contest Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic May 8th 2011, 7:50 pm

Nobody likes that show anymore
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 9th 2011, 12:44 am

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    Nobody likes that show anymore
    Yeah, well, until Nobody joins TSC, his opinion doesn't apply.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh May 9th 2011, 1:50 am

Anyways, if we really want to win, we should host a tea party for all the admins at forumotion.

That totally would work.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

TSC Enters Contest ZtZYh

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter May 9th 2011, 3:25 pm

Um, if one of the admins is Professor Layton, that might work...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content