SonicFanPS2
Sonic Adventure 2
Jmh
9 posters

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal

Jmh
    Jmh

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Imagee10

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal White10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13

: Male
     Rep67

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Empty New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal

Post by Jmh April 6th 2012, 4:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iYpz9XY7-kw

Interesting. It appears we'll be able to play as Metal Sonic in the zones from Episode 1 (Or at least sharing the same locations). Also, if you have Episode 1 and 2, then the "Episode Metal" DLC is free.

More information here: http://www.tssznews.com/2012/04/05/episode-metal-lock-on-confirmed-for-sonic-4/
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Kz2PK

Rep7

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Empty Re: New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 April 6th 2012, 1:50 pm

Not enough to make me buy it. Metal is cool, but highly overrated. Besides, he wasn't even in the regular games in his normal form.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal VOZLn

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13

Rep12

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Empty Re: New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 6th 2012, 2:29 pm

Does anything change when you play as Metal Sonic? That would be pretty cool.
    Jmh
    Jmh

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal White10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 6th 2012, 2:54 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:Does anything change when you play as Metal Sonic? That would be pretty cool.
    I don't know, but for some reason I get the feeling he'll be nothing more than a Sonic clone with a different skin of him. Like in SADX.

We'll have to wait and see I guess, but it's free anyways so I can't complain.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 6th 2012, 3:11 pm

Jmh wrote:
    SonicFanPS2 wrote:Does anything change when you play as Metal Sonic? That would be pretty cool.
    I don't know, but for some reason I get the feeling he'll be nothing more than a Sonic clone with a different skin of him. Like in SADX.

We'll have to wait and see I guess, but it's free anyways so I can't complain.

As long as you have both episodes, though. Otherwise, it's still required to buy Episode Metal(and I don't think they've revealed the price, have they?).

It would be disappointing if it was just Metal Sonic in Sonic's levels, but these levels are supposed to be "exclusive", so hopefully they'll be different.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal ZtZYh

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Blackr10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Zigzag10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal White10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 6th 2012, 6:45 pm

*sigh* So unfair.

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Blackr10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 April 6th 2012, 8:38 pm

...and again the people who bought episode 1 on wii are screwed.

The game looks pretty mediocre anyways though.
    Techimo
    Techimo

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11

Rep15

Post by Techimo April 7th 2012, 8:16 am

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Not enough to make me buy it. Metal is cool, but highly overrated. Besides, he wasn't even in the regular games in his normal form.
    Overrated? He wasn't even playable in the main cannon!
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Blackr10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Zigzag10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal White10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 7th 2012, 1:15 pm

84 wrote:...and again the people who bought episode 1 on wii are screwed.

I just realized this is kind of hilarious but logical and sad, since Dimps has been abandoning Nintendo products for the past few years.
    sykog
    sykog

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Blackr10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalg10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Zigzag10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog April 7th 2012, 2:34 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:
    84 wrote:...and again the people who bought episode 1 on wii are screwed.

I just realized this is kind of hilarious but logical and sad, since Dimps has been abandoning Nintendo products for the past few years.
    Apparently they want to be rivals want Nintendo again... as if they weren't bankrupt enough. So frikken dumb >_>
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 7th 2012, 3:07 pm

sykog wrote:
    Apparently they want to be rivals want Nintendo again... as if they weren't bankrupt enough. So frikken dumb >_>
    That's strange. You would think if they really wanted to be rivals again, they'd get back into the console business. Until then it would all be pointless.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 April 7th 2012, 3:37 pm

Sir Lord Tech Hushimo I wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Not enough to make me buy it. Metal is cool, but highly overrated. Besides, he wasn't even in the regular games in his normal form.
    Overrated? He wasn't even playable in the main cannon!
    That's exactly what I was saying. Unless you count Silver Sonic, a metal Sonic was not in the original series.

Although it seems like Sega wants to place CD with those classics.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 7th 2012, 3:50 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Sir Lord Tech Hushimo I wrote: Overrated? He wasn't even playable in the main cannon!
    That's exactly what I was saying. Unless you count Silver Sonic, a metal Sonic was not in the original series.

I actually see your point. Metal is a little overrated considering Mecha Sonic did a lot more in the classics, yet people disregard him and they made Metal the one who reappears in games like Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, and other games like Sonic Adventure 2 multiplayer, and Sonic Heroes. Whereas Mecha Sonic, the dude who was a main villain (And an awesome one at that) in S3&K, as well as Knuckles' final boss, gets thrown aside for a mini-villain in Sonic CD. Maybe people thought Mecha and Metal were the same back then, but who knows.

I still like Metal Sonic though.
    Gaming Misfit
    Gaming Misfit

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal WFmvl

Rep1

Post by Gaming Misfit April 7th 2012, 11:06 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    Sir Lord Tech Hushimo I wrote: Overrated? He wasn't even playable in the main cannon!

Why wouldn't CD count as a classic? Confused

Anywho, Episode Metal looks cool; being the Metal Sonic fanboy I am, but it better be more than just a chance to play with a new skin.

This is a great opportunity to fix the physics in Episode 1.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 7th 2012, 11:14 pm

Jmh wrote:
    sykog wrote:
    That's strange. You would think if they really wanted to be rivals again, they'd get back into the console business. Until then it would all be pointless.
    Well you're going too far, I'm specifically on Dimps. I think SEGA's waaaay to frightened to get into the console business. Or SEGASammy, whatever.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 April 8th 2012, 7:12 am

Gaming Misfit wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:

Why wouldn't CD count as a classic? Confused

Anywho, Episode Metal looks cool; being the Metal Sonic fanboy I am, but it better be more than just a chance to play with a new skin.

This is a great opportunity to fix the physics in Episode 1.

I don't mind Metal rising to fame. I just find him overrated. I wouldn't buy a game just with him, especially when he's not in the originals.

CD is a classic, but what I meant is that it's not part of the original series, though I think Sonic Team is trying to make it that way.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 8th 2012, 1:46 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:CD is a classic, but what I meant is that it's not part of the original series, though I think Sonic Team is trying to make it that way.
    Technically it should be anyway, it was made by the original Sonic Team.
    SonicFanPS2
    SonicFanPS2

Rep12

Post by SonicFanPS2 April 15th 2012, 10:57 am

I finally got it. If you got to 4:11 or 4:12 on the video, brand manager Ken Balough explains that Episode Metal really is four exclusive levels, but actually "reworked" levels for Metal Sonic that take place in the same zones from Sonic 4: Episode 1.

The rest of the video also talks about how SEGA redid a lot of things for Episode 2, wanted to listen to the fans, and brought back lock-on technology(which is how you get Episode Metal - it virtually locks-on Episode 1 and Episode 2). Also, Billy Hatcher music plays throughout the video. Awesome.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 15th 2012, 2:57 pm

Le. Sigh.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Blackr10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalw11New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Zigzag10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal White10New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medal13New Sonic 4: Episode 2 trailer and Episode Metal Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic April 15th 2012, 3:07 pm

The Freedom Fighter wrote:Le. Sigh.
    Out
    Anonymous

Post by Guest April 15th 2012, 3:35 pm

Actually looks good to me.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh April 15th 2012, 4:42 pm

SonicFanPS2 wrote:

I finally got it. If you got to 4:11 or 4:12 on the video, brand manager Ken Balough explains that Episode Metal really is four exclusive levels, but actually "reworked" levels for Metal Sonic that take place in the same zones from Sonic 4: Episode 1.

The rest of the video also talks about how SEGA redid a lot of things for Episode 2, wanted to listen to the fans, and brought back lock-on technology(which is how you get Episode Metal - it virtually locks-on Episode 1 and Episode 2). Also, Billy Hatcher music plays throughout the video. Awesome.
    "So I met the happiest man in the world, the Sonic brand manager."

This guy must not know the Sonic fanbase all too well.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter April 15th 2012, 10:01 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:
    The Freedom Fighter wrote:Le. Sigh.
    Out
    Leout? What's that?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content