Plix
10 posters

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin

Plix
    Plix

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin VOZLn

: Male
     Rep13

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Empty Thread of grievances against Mly as admin

Post by Plix June 22nd 2012, 10:47 pm

This is not a cash cow, nor a Sonic game. The latter has already (thankfully) been affirmed, but the former is also a false statement. The first was reviewed well, and this one is offering more SEGA goodness to the fans who enjoy mash up type games with SEGA characters. Panzer Dragoon, Skies Of Arcadia, Jet Set Radio...and more. All in one.

And what the...you call him pompous and a troll? When exactly did he troll in this thread? He was saying his opinion that there haven't been good Sonic games since before Sonic '06...wha..?

And Mly, he didn't ignore your warning. He's right, have some class or something when you're talking to people on here. You have the same exact elitist attitude you're blaming him for having, and just used it to abuse your ban button on him. He was stating an opinion. And if I remember right:

Mly wrote:...provided the staff aren't protected preemptively against any and all challenges to their abuse of power, whether genuine or not, by a catch-all "the staff are infallible" rule, or one that makes such challenges impractical to the point of insanity.

Mly wrote:If there's a legitimate problem to be discussed about any given staff member, it should be allowed to take place publicly. Proper-thinking staff members would correct any problem they're capable of rather quickly, even if it's their own doing. Else, more idiotic ones (I can name a few examples in this site's past, but I'll spare you.) would be self-serving, try to censor complaints against them, ban members persistently calling them out, and reveal themselves for what they are: egotistical, selfish, and downright childish.

Rules wrote:1) Be respectful.

Mly wrote:stop being a damned nuisance

Mly wrote:stop being such a low-class troll

Mly wrote:pompous ass

Mly wrote:moron

Rules wrote:1) Be respectful.

I think he should be unbanned immediately. With apologies. This is an incredible double standard, what just happened here. This wasn't a "challenge" to anyone, he was debating his opinion of Sonic games, which is not "trivial and pointless Sonic-related derpia", but rather the subject at hand.
    Moran

: Female
     Rep34

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Empty Re: Thread of grievances against Mly as admin

Post by Moran June 23rd 2012, 1:59 am

Split from SA2's thread somewhere or another in the Sonic fora. I just split Plix's last post, might should've cut more out, but that's good enough for right now. Will edit my reply into this post shortly.

ETA:

Re: Insinuation that I assume myself infallible as an admin, am therefore hypocrite: Explain why this argument is taking place, then. Were I so unearnedly haughty as to assume myself infallible, surely I wouldn't waste my time by granting such a complaint as this audience.

Re: Insinuation that I am all of the described of a horrible admin in the second quote: Again, I'm allowing this to be discussed, not deleting your post as if I'm some haughty lord censoring dissent. Argument again invalidated.

Re: Poor definition of respect: There's a line, even thinner than that between respectful and sloppy behavior, between respect and allowing everyone to push one around, being not a person, having no policies or ideas of one's own, having no part of oneself, no matter how small, be an island, ... I'm a very zealous and notoriously "pants-wearing" person, and while I may cross the former line at times, I will never cross the latter. While my job is essentially to serve the ends of the spirit of this site and so on, and that means my actions are decidedly at the whims of that spirit, my authority should yet have some degree of respect as well.

Re: SA2's alleged innocence: Such haughtiness and feigned innocence on SA2's part was downright disgusting. Moreover, though, he's gotten away with more than he should have for quite a while now for much the same reason the staff has been disorganized and persistently tripping over itself: needless politics. Political speak, political acting, political everything, the vast majority of it unneeded. This isn't politics, this is a damned Sonic site. Such inanity has no place in TSC, barring discussion of actual worldly politics, which, mind, hasn't happened for a great while, so as of right now, it simply has no place here.

Re: Noting of my offensive mannerisms: I'll grant that I can often lack certain aspects of "class." There's an unspoken code of sorts, however. Any more, I'm tolerable at a bare minimum, and often much more. The rules don't cover every fine little aspect of social code. I like to think I'm so accepted around here because of my flair and style, which is only rarely anything resembling courteous, but still seems to enrapture others and grant me much support for my continued existence here. Regardless of why, I'll say, for the first time now, what everyone already subconsciously realizes: I'm allowed to get away with far more than most, myself. Is it for a right reason, and moreover, is there any right reason for that? I'm biased on the matter, and therefore couldn't hope to give a straight answer to any sort of question. I'll leave that to you and everyone else to decide.

Re: Unbanning SA2, etc.: I'll unban him. However, I'm also demoting you. And myself as well, once I've done both of those. One, neither, or both of us can be re-promoted once this rather clusterfuck-like situation, which I'll have you know I perceive to be a long time in the making, is sorted out. You don't trust me, I don't trust you, we're old rivals, and for all either of us know the site could be divided cleanly in half along an unspoken Plix/Mly line already or at least have the precursors of view to allow such to happen quickly, making it soon if not that if such is the case. Until such a sorting out, though, there's no better evidence than our own inability to do so, to support the notion that we aren't editing each other's posts to weaken the other's arguments and make our own seem stronger by comparison. Once this doubtless cumbersome situation is defused, there can be talk of if he should be punished or not, if he deserves the apology you're suing for on his behalf if not, and how he should be punished if so. Hopefully, in the long run this will serve as prime example of policy on these things so such madness as this doesn't have to take place again.

ETA2: Note, I'll be archiving this entire thread. I encourage you to do the same, Plix, as well as anyone else willing and able to do so. Such would ensure a deadlock in the event of retconning posts in ridiculous fashions, and discourage from doing it on a tactical basis, as this measure would lead it to go nowhere.
    Shadow's Grave
    Shadow's Grave

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin WFmvl

Rep0

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Empty Re: Thread of grievances against Mly as admin

Post by Shadow's Grave June 23rd 2012, 7:36 am

Right on, Plix, even though I post here breaking a rule because of using a second account. Still, you say almost exactly what I do in my own rant thread. And yes, I know a thing or two about running forums

My ban wouldn't have happened if the mods/admins treat their members the some respect.

And no reason you should be demoted because of disagreement. Once again, a hypocritical act on the admins. One gets banned for actually standing up and defending his reasons. Maybe I'm a bit biased because he's defending me, but he hasn't posted with sheer hate or totalitarian speech and provides evidence to why his case is worthy. Shame on the admins for demoting an admin for doing his job.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 23rd 2012, 12:32 pm

Try actually reading both sides of an argument instead of just the side you like, SA2. You may actually learn something about the motives and ideals of your "enemy."
    Shadow's Grave wrote:My ban wouldn't have happened if the mods/admins treat their members the some respect.
    I contend that your ban wouldn't have happened if you had some damned sense in your head. Now get back on your main account. I didn't see it unbanned, because I consulted Zez about demoting both myself and Plix as well as unbanning you, and he demoted me just after I demoted Plix. Though he claims it should be unbanned, at least for now.

And no reason you should be demoted because of disagreement.
    Note how we were both demoted. It's to ensure a fair and simple fight; as admins or even mods, we could easily just censor parts of the other's post we don't like. I'd claim to never think of such a thing, but I can't prove it for certain as admin, nor could Plix. If neither of us are able to, however, then there's really not an argument for the possibility of it happening in the first place.

Once again, a hypocritical act on the admins. One gets banned for actually standing up and defending his reasons. Maybe I'm a bit biased because he's defending me, but he hasn't posted with sheer hate or totalitarian speech and provides evidence to why his case is worthy. Shame on the admins for demoting an admin for doing his job.
    He was demoted on the grounds that his own bias could lead him to improperly use his power to sway the discussion of this very issue to his liking. As was I, if you'll notice. I'd appreciate if you add as little needless fluff for me to pseudo-rebut to your arguments if possible. I tend to ramble, but at least I say different things, whereas you just said the same thing twice. Further, it could've been said in a short sentence, likely, whereas you took two paragraphs.

Additionally, perhaps you should stop twisting the very reality of what happened in your head to suit your own ideas. It's not good for your mental health. Nor is it good for your argument; anyone paying attention -- unlike you, it seems -- could easily take note of what's happened.

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Blackr10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 June 23rd 2012, 1:20 pm

Fun fact: no one gives a shit about your drama.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Imagee10

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin White10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalg10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 23rd 2012, 1:28 pm

Can someone explain what the hell is going on? All I know is Mly's an ass, but that's why I love him.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 23rd 2012, 1:40 pm

@84: I'm aware, but I do have to pander to the utterly botched Tescian politico until such a point that it can be remedied. If that wasn't implied heavily enough over the past however-long, I'm outright stating it now.

@Schnicky: tl;dr version: I banned SA2 for 3 days, Plix mad. I ain't even mad.
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Blackr10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Zigzag10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin White10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic June 23rd 2012, 2:48 pm

This whole thing is redonkeylous, it's unknown if SA2 truly deserve the bannings but his behavior is completely unacceptable with constantly forcing his opinion on Sonic franchise in every post he has and getting away with it as Mly said "being political" which downright annoying
    With Mly doing the arguing and bans bans and with SA2 attitude shit was only going to go south because both ego could block the sun
    Everyone just stop acting like fucktards

Also I saw Mly being demoted a long time ago
    Jmh
    Jmh

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11Thread of grievances against Mly as admin White10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 23rd 2012, 5:15 pm

Either way, I think we can all agree that bacon is good.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin White10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalg10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 23rd 2012, 6:01 pm

Yep.

But seriously, here's my two cents about this whole thing.

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Two-Cents-Worth
    Jmh
    Jmh

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11Thread of grievances against Mly as admin White10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh June 23rd 2012, 6:07 pm

Hello, Mr. Lincoln!
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 23rd 2012, 11:51 pm

Mly wrote:Re: Insinuation that I assume myself infallible as an admin, am therefore hypocrite: Explain why this argument is taking place, then. Were I so unearnedly haughty as to assume myself infallible, surely I wouldn't waste my time by granting such a complaint as this audience.

Mly, you called him two names in one post, as well as said they were trolling, were whining, and was a "problem user". And threatened to ban him for stating a dissenting opinion. Then, he says he's going to ignore you due to your lack of decency, and you continue to insult him thrice more, then ban him. And might I quote you again in our rule discussion:

Mly wrote:If there's a legitimate problem to be discussed about any given staff member, it should be allowed to take place publicly. Proper-thinking staff members would correct any problem they're capable of rather quickly, even if it's their own doing. Else, more idiotic ones (I can name a few examples in this site's past, but I'll spare you.) would be self-serving, try to censor complaints against them, ban members persistently calling them out, and reveal themselves for what they are: egotistical, selfish, and downright childish.

Emphasis added throughout. Is this not what just happened?

Mly wrote:Re: Insinuation that I am all of the described of a horrible admin in the second quote: Again, I'm allowing this to be discussed, not deleting your post as if I'm some haughty lord censoring dissent. Argument again invalidated.

Invalidated? You banned a member who called you out. He said he'd "ignore those who refuse to post with decency". You think calling him "pompous ass", "a damned nuisance", a "moron", or a "low-class troll" is decent, even for a member who is not an administrator?

Mly wrote:Re: Poor definition of respect: There's a line, even thinner than that between respectful and sloppy behavior, between respect and allowing everyone to push one around, being not a person, having no policies or ideas of one's own, having no part of oneself, no matter how small, be an island, ... I'm a very zealous and notoriously "pants-wearing" person, and while I may cross the former line at times, I will never cross the latter. While my job is essentially to serve the ends of the spirit of this site and so on, and that means my actions are decidedly at the whims of that spirit, my authority should yet have some degree of respect as well.

And the members don't deserve respect? You want your authority respected, yet you hold yourself above the members on some pedestal where you think you're incredibly clever and cannot be beaten in an internet fight? Get real. Give, and you shall receive.

Mly wrote:Re: SA2's alleged innocence: Such haughtiness and feigned innocence on SA2's part was downright disgusting. Moreover, though, he's gotten away with more than he should have for quite a while now for much the same reason the staff has been disorganized and persistently tripping over itself: needless politics. Political speak, political acting, political everything, the vast majority of it unneeded. This isn't politics, this is a damned Sonic site. Such inanity has no place in TSC, barring discussion of actual worldly politics, which, mind, hasn't happened for a great while, so as of right now, it simply has no place here.

Please directly quote the offenses SA2 has committed, right here in this thread. I just looked at the three most recent pages of his posts, and none of them break any rules. Yours, however, are filled with constant insults.

http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6751p32-what-types-of-sonic-fans-do-you-hate#134963
    http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6758-how-do-you-report-a-post#134962
    http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6751p32-what-types-of-sonic-fans-do-you-hate#134924
    http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6751p32-what-types-of-sonic-fans-do-you-hate#134921
    http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6751p16-what-types-of-sonic-fans-do-you-hate#134855
    http://www.sonicommunity.net/t6751p16-what-types-of-sonic-fans-do-you-hate#134803

Admit it. You're a bully. And if you say his supposed ban worthy behavior is past those three pages, then how about we just ban both of you? Because Your insults, breaking the respect rule numerous times, were much more recent.

Mly wrote:Re: Noting of my offensive mannerisms: I'll grant that I can often lack certain aspects of "class." There's an unspoken code of sorts, however. Any more, I'm tolerable at a bare minimum, and often much more. The rules don't cover every fine little aspect of social code. I like to think I'm so accepted around here because of my flair and style, which is only rarely anything resembling courteous, but still seems to enrapture others and grant me much support for my continued existence here. Regardless of why, I'll say, for the first time now, what everyone already subconsciously realizes: I'm allowed to get away with far more than most, myself. Is it for a right reason, and moreover, is there any right reason for that? I'm biased on the matter, and therefore couldn't hope to give a straight answer to any sort of question. I'll leave that to you and everyone else to decide.

No, there is no right reason, and all should be treated equally.

Mly wrote:Re: Unbanning SA2, etc.: I'll unban him. However, I'm also demoting you. And myself as well, once I've done both of those. One, neither, or both of us can be re-promoted once this rather clusterfuck-like situation, which I'll have you know I perceive to be a long time in the making, is sorted out. You don't trust me, I don't trust you, we're old rivals, and for all either of us know the site could be divided cleanly in half along an unspoken Plix/Mly line already or at least have the precursors of view to allow such to happen quickly, making it soon if not that if such is the case. Until such a sorting out, though, there's no better evidence than our own inability to do so, to support the notion that we aren't editing each other's posts to weaken the other's arguments and make our own seem stronger by comparison. Once this doubtless cumbersome situation is defused, there can be talk of if he should be punished or not, if he deserves the apology you're suing for on his behalf if not, and how he should be punished if so. Hopefully, in the long run this will serve as prime example of policy on these things so such madness as this doesn't have to take place again.

I would never unfairly edit anyone's post, whether they hate me or not. In my three years here, most of the time on staff, that has never happened. I'm sure everyone here will back the fact that I have never done that, acting unfairly. Though I understand your reasoning.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 24th 2012, 3:04 am

@SA2's rule breaking: I couldn't care less, as far as administration goes, what he thinks about anything. I called him out with threat of using my power for being an ass, breaking the very respect rule you two are touting. His annoying habits have gone unpunished for too long due to plain and simple pseudo-political ridiculousness. I sought to change this for the better, and moreover, improve upon all of this overarching situation of needless forum politics. I in fact expected a high possibility of something much like this happening. Regardless of the outcome, this will serve as an example. A paradigm for future advancement. And I don't know about you, but I, for one, want to get away from the botched bureaucracy of the second order of the site, and move further into the ideas of the third professed by myself and Zez.

@Decency: I, for one, find the overly PC attitude you take on a Sonic forum, of all places, to be indecent. I'm more inclined to get my hands suitably dirty. Honest to whatever god(s) you put stock in, (Or whatever god[s] may be; whichever you prefer.) the sort of behavior displayed by you in particular and the staff in general to a lesser extent ... isn't fit for the leadership of the United States. And, indeed, you can draw uncomfortable comparisons between admins' actions and policies on this site and those that are slowly choking the US as I type this. If the strongest nation in the world is slowly rotting by such things, how can a little Sonic site like this one hope to survive, without immense change for the better?

@Claim that I banned SA2 for nothing more than dissent: Neglecting for a moment that you're a hypocrite, having done to the same to none other than myself some time back, ... I did no such thing. I made it clear why I banned him: being a dick. If you want to challenge my reasoning on that, go ahead, but don't act like dissent is the only reason, or even a reason at all for that matter.

@Me "holding myself on a pedestal": I'll grant that I do that in jest, as Mly. It's understood to be a big joke, though, and out of character, I do no such. I grant my proper respect to those who deserve it. SA2 has, so far, proven to me that he deserves no such treatment; only that he deserves the "don't give an inch" treatment, seeing as he's the sort who'll take a mile.

@Me a bully: Hardly. I call things as I see them, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty fixing things proper.

@Banning both of us: I'm a notoriously effective ban-dodger, and you saw SA2 disregard my ban. Though he was already unbanned for the sake of trial at the time, the creation of his second account betrays the fact that he wasn't aware at the time. No, that'll get us nowhere. By the end of this, at least one of us needs to learn a lesson of some sort. Perhaps two or even all three of us. Possibly even the entire site, not just us three at the core of this cluster-fuck. If not, it just throws the problem into the future. The old "our children will deal with our mistakes," a cruel joke reality loves to play. Only, with the timespans involved, it'll be "us a few weeks from now at most" rather than "our children."

@Your ideal of equality: Here's a place I completely disagree, and this is likely the root of the notion that I'm a hypocrite: circumstance is all. Whereas SA2 is incessantly irritating, pseudo-political, and in the possession of the trait of shoving his opinions down everyone's throat; I, while downright atrocious in the past, have significantly improved since. Note most starkly, the difference in my behavior before and after becoming an admin. I was, of course, deemed fit for adminship even before the change, and rapidly improved after. Myself, I have a very different view of it. In fact, it could be called inequality; barring outright unacceptable things below a bare minimum threshold, I'd say different people should be held to different standards. I get away with what I do because of these unspoken different standards, that most -- even you, likely -- follow without even realizing it. SA2, meanwhile, I'd contend to fall below the aforementioned threshold between what is acceptable at baseline and what isn't, and that's why I opted to warn him and then ban him. Really, par for the course with me is for me to be so heavy-handed and dirty that it's almost arguably too much. Any more, I'm part of the forum zeitgeist for that very reason. Neo can vouch for the fact that I refrained from delivering similar punishment to him as was delivered to SA2, because I noticed that he's very capable of doing far better than he was, and may even want to if given some incentive. Now, to SA2, I granted the same incentive, and in honesty me very equal or similar in my dealings with two different people is rare, though I thought it would've worked for the better with SA2 as it did with Neo. I warned both of them, to the tune of "improve or your ass is grass." The only major difference between the two cases, prior to SA2's banning, is that with him, the warning was public so as to put it before the eyes of others; I figured he'd completely ignore it were it private, as he'd likely think it to do no damage to his reputation with only my eyes on him. He clearly thinks in politics, much like you; something apparently "off the record," he'd see as no threat to him, and therefore not work against it, whether by improving or by aiding in this madness. Sadly, however, I did get a slight response, though it wasn't one betraying anything resembling a will to improve. So I pushed harder. I have no intent of throwing SA2 right out the window so casually; the ban was for 3 days, and if you hadn't started this mess, and if he had returned with a better attitude, 3 days it would've been. I'm well aware that SA2 could be a much better member around here, but he's thus far refused to improve himself. It's the path he's going down, I'd venture, that will get him banned forever sooner or later, regardless of whether by my hand or not.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest June 24th 2012, 1:19 pm

I actually read every word on this page. I'm so proud of my self.
    Plix
    Plix

Rep13

Post by Plix June 24th 2012, 5:17 pm

mly wrote:@SA2's rule breaking: I couldn't care less, as far as administration goes, what he thinks about anything.

Nobody cares. As an administrator, one must take everyone's opinion seriously, at least to a point. I don't care what you think about many things, but since you were an admin, I took it to thought.

You said it yourself, in our rules discussion. Whether you agree or disagree, the fact that people are in disagreement warrants your attention.

mly wrote:I called him out with threat of using my power for being an ass, breaking the very respect rule you two are touting.

You both broke the rule. You insulted him several times over, to the point of being over the top, and he ignored your warning. I would've taken it to a staff member if I were him, for saying he will ignore you, kind of is a taunt. But he was right.

mly wrote:His annoying habits have gone unpunished for too long due to plain and simple pseudo-political ridiculousness.

If annoyance is the only problem here, you're even more off base than I originally thought. Since when does anyone punish annoying people? And I don't know if you know what "political" or "politics" mean, but saying "the Sonic series is dead", even numerous times, is not political.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/political
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

mly wrote:I sought to change this for the better, and moreover, improve upon all of this overarching situation of needless forum politics.

Again with the "politics". Where?

"mly"]I in fact expected a high possibility of something much like this happening.

Congratulations, you predicted this?

mly wrote:Regardless of the outcome, this will serve as an example. A paradigm for future advancement. And I don't know about you, but I, for one, want to get away from the botched bureaucracy of the second order of the site, and move further into the ideas of the third professed by myself and Zez.

In other words, you want to distance the forum and yourself away from people who will stand up to you, and create a different yet same bureaucracy of people who only will fall in line with you and Z?

mly wrote:@Decency: I, for one, find the overly PC attitude you take on a Sonic forum, of all places, to be indecent. I'm more inclined to get my hands suitably dirty. Honest to whatever god(s) you put stock in, (Or whatever god[s] may be; whichever you prefer.) the sort of behavior displayed by you in particular and the staff in general to a lesser extent ... isn't fit for the leadership of the United States.

Good thing this isn't anything to do with US politics, and I'm not running for public office here. And your low regard for how I act is reciprocal for how I see you.

mly wrote:And, indeed, you can draw uncomfortable comparisons between admins' actions and policies on this site and those that are slowly choking the US as I type this. If the strongest nation in the world is slowly rotting by such things, how can a little Sonic site like this one hope to survive, without immense change for the better?

How do you even see a comparison to the corruption of the US government to a forum? Not only are you thinking way too deep and seriously for an internet forum, but I'm simply standing up for what I believe to be right. Surely you can find that respectable, since you're doing the exact same thing right now?

mly wrote:@Claim that I banned SA2 for nothing more than dissent: Neglecting for a moment that you're a hypocrite, having done to the same to none other than myself some time back,

That's your personal opinion, which happens to be completely wrong. You won't ever believe me, and personally I couldn't care less. But I banned you for being a total jerk, insulting members, insulting the staff, spamming, evading bans, multiple accounts. Hmm...

mly wrote:I did no such thing. I made it clear why I banned him: being a dick. If you want to challenge my reasoning on that, go ahead, but don't act like dissent is the only reason, or even a reason at all for that matter.

When you did the exact same thing, WAY more than he could even ever achieve this year?

mly wrote:@Me "holding myself on a pedestal": I'll grant that I do that in jest, as Mly. It's understood to be a big joke, though, and out of character, I do no such.

Wonderful that now you have more to hide behind for being a jerk. Joke or not, it's not acceptable.

mly wrote:I grant my proper respect to those who deserve it. SA2 has, so far, proven to me that he deserves no such treatment; only that he deserves the "don't give an inch" treatment, seeing as he's the sort who'll take a mile.

All deserve it. Like I said (and you failed to deliver), post proof. I looked through three pages of his posts, and found nothing incriminating. Stop hiding behind your "character" for a reason to be a jerk.

mly wrote:@Me a bully: Hardly. I call things as I see them, and I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty fixing things proper.

This wasn't even close to a dirty situation. You overreacted. And yes, you like to bully people, and take pride in it.

mly wrote:@Your ideal of equality: Here's a place I completely disagree, and this is likely the root of the notion that I'm a hypocrite: circumstance is all.Whereas SA2 is incessantly irritating,

Idea*. And irritating is not a reason to ban someone.

mly wrote:pseudo-political,

Again, where?

mly wrote:and in the possession of the trait of shoving his opinions down everyone's throat;

Where? I saw no evidence of that in the three pages of his post.And if he wants to say Sonic is dead in discussion of new Sonic games, then this is his outlet to do so, it's a forum after all.

mly wrote:I, while downright atrocious in the past, have significantly improved since.

I agree, you have, but not in situations like this.

mly wrote:Note most starkly, the difference in my behavior before and after becoming an admin. I was, of course, deemed fit for adminship even before the change, and rapidly improved after. Myself, I have a very different view of it. In fact, it could be called inequality; barring outright unacceptable things below a bare minimum threshold, I'd say different people should be held to different standards. I get away with what I do because of these unspoken different standards, that most -- even you, likely -- follow without even realizing it. SA2, meanwhile, I'd contend to fall below the aforementioned threshold between what is acceptable at baseline and what isn't, and that's why I opted to warn him and then ban him. Really, par for the course with me is for me to be so heavy-handed and dirty that it's almost arguably too much. Any more, I'm part of the forum zeitgeist for that very reason. Neo can vouch for the fact that I refrained from delivering similar punishment to him as was delivered to SA2, because I noticed that he's very capable of doing far better than he was, and may even want to if given some incentive. Now, to SA2, I granted the same incentive, and in honesty me very equal or similar in my dealings with two different people is rare, though I thought it would've worked for the better with SA2 as it did with Neo. I warned both of them, to the tune of "improve or your ass is grass." The only major difference between the two cases, prior to SA2's banning, is that with him, the warning was public so as to put it before the eyes of others; I figured he'd completely ignore it were it private, as he'd likely think it to do no damage to his reputation with only my eyes on him.

But he had no reason to improve. Evn constantly repeating the same thing over and over (according to you, "shoving his opinion down everyone's throat"), isn't a bannable offense. And improve in who's eyes, yours? You want him to stop saying his opinion that Sonic is dead?

mly wrote:He clearly thinks in politics, much like you;

Again, I think you are misunderstanding this word. Please, quote me.

mly wrote:I have no intent of throwing SA2 right out the window so casually; the ban was for 3 days, and if you hadn't started this mess, and if he had returned with a better attitude, 3 days it would've been.

So again, you blame me for standing up for a member and what I believe is right? This "mess" is all my fault when you caused it, due to a member not living up to your personal standards of intelligence and post substance?

mly wrote:I'm well aware that SA2 could be a much better member around here, but he's thus far refused to improve himself.

Again, improve to who's standards?

mly wrote:It's the path he's going down, I'd venture, that will get him banned forever sooner or later, regardless of whether by my hand or not.

He's not going down any "path", are you senile? Quote him, post chat archives, do something that will allow me to rationale some tiny piece of your point of view.

Super S. Hushimo wrote:I actually read every word on this page. I'm so proud of my self.

:)
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 24th 2012, 5:23 pm

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin MichealJacksonPopcorn

In all seriousness, I agree with both of you on some counts. Here's my real two cents:

Mly: like I said, most of use here know you're an ass, but we also all know that you're an intelligent contributor and useful to the site on the whole behind that. Maybe you just need to be more serious more often to show that?

Plix: I'll be honest, I don't really know you unless you've recently changed your username from something else, but from what I can tell you're intelligent enough and you stand by your beliefs, and i respect you for that. But you gotta understand where Mly is coming from and stop acting like he's the only one in the wrong and that we all should hate him. And please don't resort to correcting grammar errors. We're all adults here.

Last edited by Schnickelfritz on June 24th 2012, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Blackr10Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medal13Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 June 24th 2012, 5:26 pm

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Tumblr_lxjm4n4umw1rn1xxfo1_400
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Thread of grievances against Mly as admin Kz2PK

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 24th 2012, 5:27 pm

Too much for me to read, but if I got Mly demoted, then my job is done here. Well worth the trouble. My point has been made and I've stirred enough controversy in my favor, so I'll just go back to following the rules of the forum like I was doing before. And I will continue to ignore those who post without the decency of others.

If I'm doing something wrong, approach me like an administrator would please. But don't approach me like an ignorant administrator, because I won't listen to rules that aren't followed by those who make them.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz June 24th 2012, 5:32 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Too much for me to read, but if I got Mly demoted, then my job is done here. Well worth the trouble. My point has been made and I've stirred enough controversy in my favor, so I'll just go back to following the rules of the forum like I was doing before. And I will continue to ignore those who post without the decency of others.

If I'm doing something wrong, approach me like an administrator would please. But don't approach me like an ignorant administrator, because I won't listen to rules that aren't followed by those who make them.
    Really? Really? You're sole purpose here is to stir up controversy and get Mly demoted? I understand you and all, but seriously?
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 24th 2012, 5:45 pm

Schnickelfritz wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:Too much for me to read, but if I got Mly demoted, then my job is done here. Well worth the trouble. My point has been made and I've stirred enough controversy in my favor, so I'll just go back to following the rules of the forum like I was doing before. And I will continue to ignore those who post without the decency of others.

Really? Really? You're sole purpose here is to stir up controversy and get Mly demoted? I understand you and all, but seriously?

No it's not my purpose. It just happened to be a bonus. That never would have been my purpose if there was no issue in the first place. My main point is that his demotion claims that my opinions are valid. Uncovering this fact has become my purpose since this argument began.

But it goes to show that my opinion is not only valid, but what goes around comes around.

Last edited by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 24th 2012, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 24th 2012, 5:46 pm

Ahaha. Aha. Ah.

You do realize you just admitted to being a troll, right? See, folks? I'm not as stupid as I act. And there it is, straight from the horse's mouth.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 24th 2012, 5:48 pm

I wasn't a troll.

Just someone out to defend my opinion. My opinion just happened to be defended when you were demoted.

If I were a troll in any case, then you without a doubt would have been a trolling administrator, as is proven by the demotion.
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 24th 2012, 5:50 pm

Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I wasn't a troll.
    Explain how what you just said you were doing isn't trolling.

Go ahead.

I'm waiting.
    Sonic Adventure 2
    Sonic Adventure 2

Rep7

Post by Sonic Adventure 2 June 24th 2012, 5:52 pm

Master Mly Hushimo wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:I wasn't a troll.
    Explain how what you just said you were doing isn't trolling.

Go ahead.

I'm waiting.

What do you mean?

I was voicing my opinion.

And like I said, call me a troll (I don't care). It's not going to change anything.

You yourself were a trolling admin taking advantage of your role, and using your role to bash other members rather than solve problems. This part was at least proven by your demotion.

So, if ever I were a troll, you share the role.

Last edited by Sonic Adventure 2 on June 24th 2012, 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Moran

Rep34

Post by Moran June 24th 2012, 5:53 pm

The above post, with all pointless and irrelevant appeals to emotion, botched logic, etc. removed:
    Sonic Adventure 2 wrote:
    ... Oh look, it's empty. Bummer!

Try again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content