Super Racer Z
Jmh
SpeedyBlueDude
24 posters

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Poll

So, Who Is The Worst Publisher?

[ 3 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le1117%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [17%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le1161%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [61%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le1111%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le110%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le110%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le116%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_le115%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Bar_ri11 [5%] 

Total Votes: 18
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? GOMM8

: Male
     Rep4

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Empty Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 25th 2012, 6:07 pm

Title says it all, which Video Game Publisher is the worst in your eyes?

I have compiled a Pros n Cons list for each one to help you make your decision:

Activision
    +Hate it or love it, some of the most successful licenses. Call of Duty, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Spiderman, Transformers, etc.

+No B.S. Online passes/DRM crap.

However,

-They believe in annualizing almost everything.

-Destroyed many franchises as a result. Guitar Hero is dead, Tony Hawks is on life support and everyone hates Call of Duty.

-Could be considered responsible for overpriced DLC in the market now a days.

-Popularized the subscription based service for their games with CoD Elite.

Electronic Arts
    +Many quality franchises

However,

-Focus a lot on insulting CoD being an annual release, ironically they
    a) release 20 shooters in a year
    b) annualize sport games

- Clumsy marketing

- Their CEO said in a statement that he envisions a video game world where you PAY to reload. . .

- Monopoly like control over the NFL and UFC licenses. Infact this may have also hurt THQ.

-ONLINE PASSES... may I say more?

-Took the Subscription idea from Activison and used it in Battlefield 3 with Battlefield Premium.

-Pretty much flipped off their PC fanbase by leaving Steam and Valve and making their own store, Origin.

Capcom

+ Recognizable franchises

+Even though a lot of the franchises are milked savagely, they're still fun as hell.

However,

- Milk the crap out their games.

-Release a new game like Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 or Resident Evil 5 and 6 months later or even less, voila, RE5 Gold Edition, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, etc.
    (they basically make you pay more for something that should be non exclusive disc DLC)

-THEY LOVE ON DISC DLC. Does anyone else think this is crooked? To have something on the disc but being forced to PAY to UNLOCK the disc?

Ubisoft

+Quality game franchises, Rayman, Tom Clancy's______, Assassins Creed, Beyond Good & Evil, etc.

+Less scheming as Acti, EA, Cap,etc.

However,

-Stupid as hell DRM issues, basically being forced to be online to play a game.

-Uses Beyond Good & Evil 2 as a ransom note to sell a lot of their games;

"OH HEY BUY RAYMAN ORIGINS AND MAYBE WE'LL THINK ABOUT MAKING BG&E 2!"
    However,

If I may, did they honestly think that was smart? Releasing a game like RM:O at the time of one of the busiest months in Video Games going against games like MW3, BF3, Halo CE:A, Saints Row 3, GoldenEye, UBISOFT's OWN ASSASSINS CREED REVELATIONS!

THQ

+ They can publish some pretty good games.

However,

-They were the ones who originally started Online passes, however they are in financial problems so really trying to get every cent made sense.

- In financial problems because of their own faults. uDraw anyone?

Sega

+One of the titans originally of gaming

+Great /Decent titles.

+Own some of the most popular and recognizable IPs in gaming.

However,

-Ironically, can't get their business straight (as of right now).

-Really do make decent to mediocre games, some are just unrecognizable .

Nintendo

+Saved and main streamed the gaming industry.

+Owns some of the most recognizable and popular IP.

+Good /Decent titles.

However,

-Casualized the gaming industry with motion controls.

-Milks there beloved franchises to hell.

-Is behind the times with their systems /online.

-Made the horrible as hell Friend Codes.

-Milks and 'rips off' their fanbase.

Microsoft

+Made the Xbox 360 and is essentially made Online Play for consoles.

+Have gave us some of the best games for their respected genre. (Halo, Forza)

+Helps out Indie Developers get there games sold and noticed.

+Gets DLC first for their userbase and works with other companies to get exclusives. (Left 4 Dead, Minecraft)

+Made the Xbox 360 an entrainment device capable of watching TV, Movies, Browsing the Internet.

However,

-Charges for Online Play.

-Kinect and casualized their system.

-Stopped giving their fanbase good exclusives as of now.

-'Abandoned' the hardcore.

-Must have Gold to do anything basically.

-Allowed Online Passes.

Now, who do I vote for? Nintendo or Activison, I'm going with Nintendo.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Imagee10

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13

Rep67

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Empty Re: Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Post by Jmh July 25th 2012, 6:53 pm

I don't really think there is a worst, just they all have their own problems.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Empty Re: Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 25th 2012, 7:10 pm

Jmh wrote:I don't really think there is a worst, just they all have their own problems.
    There's always a worst, one of them must have problems worse then the others.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 25th 2012, 7:22 pm

Well, if I had to choose, I'll go with Activision, since I dislike what they did to Infinity Ward. Still, EA isn't much better, but I see them as a lesser of two evils.

Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? 56qtD

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 25th 2012, 7:59 pm

EA. Every single bit of my hate to EA.

They didn't get voted the worst company in America for nothing. All of the cons you listed, and so much more, make them the worst video game publisher by far in my eyes.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalg10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz July 25th 2012, 10:13 pm

Have to say Hal-Leonard. Final answer.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest July 25th 2012, 10:16 pm

I'd have to go with Activision.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 25th 2012, 11:40 pm

I forgot to add Sony to the list :|

Meh, there not that bad anyways, don't deserve to be on the list.
    T@ilz
    T@ilz

Rep6

Post by T@ilz July 26th 2012, 1:24 am

I have to say, Mircrosoft is my least favorite, mainly because of all the reasons you've stated, and they've bought out Rare.

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? VOZLn

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 July 26th 2012, 3:43 am

1. EA
    2. Microsoft
    3. Activision

Also, if you think Nintendo is the worst... well that's just sad.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 26th 2012, 5:11 am

I think some of you are forgetting to vote, because the polls don't match up with the opinions presented in the posts.
    iHawk
    iHawk

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? 3qll2

Rep15

Post by iHawk July 26th 2012, 1:00 pm

hal leonard
    -RT
    -RT

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? WFmvl

Rep1

Post by -RT July 26th 2012, 3:22 pm

Electronic Motherfucking Arts, full stop. I... I just hate them. And I loved them like five years ago. They make everything other publishers do to screw off their customers, but manage to make it even worse. Online passes? Here you go. Shitty Steam knockoff? Of course. Day-one DLC? Yes. Said Day-one DLC BEING ON DISC? YES. They swallow studios, shit out crappy franchises and then BOOM - the studio's gone. BioWare is the next one to vanish into nothing, remember my words. As Jim Sterling said "EA is like bad Activision and Activision is downright satanic".
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 26th 2012, 6:22 pm

-RT wrote:Electronic Motherfucking Arts, full stop. I... I just hate them. And I loved them like five years ago. They make everything other publishers do to screw off their customers, but manage to make it even worse. Online passes? Here you go. Shitty Steam knockoff? Of course. Day-one DLC? Yes. Said Day-one DLC BEING ON DISC? YES. They swallow studios, shit out crappy franchises and then BOOM - the studio's gone. BioWare is the next one to vanish into nothing, remember my words. As Jim Sterling said "EA is like bad Activision and Activision is downright satanic".
    So wouldn't Activison be the worse of the too.
    -RT
    -RT

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? WFmvl

Rep1

Post by -RT July 26th 2012, 6:24 pm

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:
    -RT wrote:Electronic Motherfucking Arts, full stop. I... I just hate them. And I loved them like five years ago. They make everything other publishers do to screw off their customers, but manage to make it even worse. Online passes? Here you go. Shitty Steam knockoff? Of course. Day-one DLC? Yes. Said Day-one DLC BEING ON DISC? YES. They swallow studios, shit out crappy franchises and then BOOM - the studio's gone. BioWare is the next one to vanish into nothing, remember my words. As Jim Sterling said "EA is like bad Activision and Activision is downright satanic".
    So wouldn't Activison be the worse of the too.
    "Bad Activision" means "Like Activision, but worse". So if Activision is satanic, then EA is worse than satanic.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 26th 2012, 6:26 pm

-RT wrote:
    SpeedyBlueDude wrote:So wouldn't Activison be the worse of the too.
    "Bad Activision" means "Like Activision, but worse". So if Activision is satanic, then EA is worse than satanic.
    I took it as 'EA is Activison if they were just bad, and Activison is just plain satanic and horrible'
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z July 26th 2012, 10:22 pm

I dunno about EA being an even worse Activision. Someone needs to follow the timelines and see which one began selling off their souls first. I think it's EA, but I could be wrong. Either way, I find EA to be far, FAR worse.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 27th 2012, 5:39 pm

Super Racer Z wrote:I dunno about EA being an even worse Activision. Someone needs to follow the timelines and see which one began selling off their souls first. I think it's EA, but I could be wrong. Either way, I find EA to be far, FAR worse.
    Too bad Respawn's with them.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 27th 2012, 5:52 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Super Racer Z wrote:I dunno about EA being an even worse Activision. Someone needs to follow the timelines and see which one began selling off their souls first. I think it's EA, but I could be wrong. Either way, I find EA to be far, FAR worse.
    Too bad Respawn's with them.
    I wonder what Respawns's First Game will be. Hopefully an FPS as good as MW2 and MW1.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 27th 2012, 5:58 pm

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:
    Jmh wrote:Too bad Respawn's with them.
    I wonder what Respawns's First Game will be. Hopefully an FPS as good as MW2 and MW1.
    I heard it will be a Sci-Fi shooter. I'm hoping for a game that takes the Modern Warfare concept and makes it more unrealistic (Funner, basically).
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Rep4

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 27th 2012, 6:05 pm

Jmh wrote:
    SpeedyBlueDude wrote:I wonder what Respawns's First Game will be. Hopefully an FPS as good as MW2 and MW1.
    I heard it will be a Sci-Fi shooter. I'm hoping for a game that takes the Modern Warfare concept and makes it more unrealistic (Funner, basically).
    I just want an FPS with their awesome Level Design. That's the thing MW3 was missing, good maps.
    Jmh
    Jmh

Rep67

Post by Jmh July 27th 2012, 7:14 pm

SpeedyBlueDude wrote:
    Jmh wrote:I heard it will be a Sci-Fi shooter. I'm hoping for a game that takes the Modern Warfare concept and makes it more unrealistic (Funner, basically).
    I just want an FPS with their awesome Level Design. That's the thing MW3 was missing, good maps.
    Yeah, they were so forgettable.

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? VOZLn

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11

Rep33

Post by 84 July 27th 2012, 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure MW3 was missing a lot of things, such as any effort at all.
    sykog
    sykog

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medalg10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Zigzag10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Medal13

Rep29

Post by sykog July 27th 2012, 9:31 pm

I don't play enough of the games to decide which is the worst, but Nintendo is definitely my favorite.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 July 27th 2012, 10:25 pm

Every one of these game companies have games I just can't stand. (Hey, rookie programmers need to start learning somewhere, right?)

Of all the companies, sadly, I would have to say the worst is capcom. I can't think of one game of theirs that has enough content for me. As much as I love Resident Evil games, they are just way too short. I can't say that about assassin's creed or most other shooters.

I agree, almost every game company has overpriced downloads. or maybe i'm just poor.

I didn't even think sega was still a company??

I would have to say that Nintendo is the best just because I have absolutely loved GB, GBC, GBA, DS, and will love my 3ds as soon as the new yugioh game comes out on it cough cough. Pokemon is the shiz, super smash bros, etc. I have logged a million more hours on nintendo than I have on any other system.

p.s. did i mention i love milk.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content