Super Racer Z
Jmh
SpeedyBlueDude
24 posters

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Poll

So, Who Is The Worst Publisher?

[ 3 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le1117%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [17%] 
    [ 11 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le1161%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [61%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le1111%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le110%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le110%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le116%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [6%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_le115%Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Bar_ri11 [5%] 

Total Votes: 18
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 GOMM8

: Male
     Rep4

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Post by SpeedyBlueDude July 28th 2012, 12:10 pm

Jmh wrote:
    SpeedyBlueDude wrote:I just want an FPS with their awesome Level Design. That's the thing MW3 was missing, good maps.
    Yeah, they were so forgettable.
    MW3 had good gameplay and finally good balanced guns. Only thing that made it 'the worst cod' was those 2 over powered guns (PP90M1 And FMG9s) and the terrible levels (Underpass... -shivers-)
    AshuraSenku
    AshuraSenku

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 WFmvl

Rep0

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now?

Post by AshuraSenku July 28th 2012, 5:13 pm

EA.
    Daywalker
    Daywalker

Rep0

Post by Daywalker July 28th 2012, 7:45 pm

In my opinion each company has their ups and downs. Sometimes they deliver with their products and other times they may not. In my opinion EA and Activision did a good amount of moves that just seem to set people off it seems like.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep5

Post by TrueBlue52 July 29th 2012, 6:51 pm

ZOMG, I 4got that Capcom makes Megaman. So they're not the worst after all.
    -Shadow The Hedgehog-
    -Shadow The Hedgehog-

Rep0

Post by -Shadow The Hedgehog- July 29th 2012, 7:12 pm

EA they're very frustrating when it comes to playing online.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Imagee10

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalg10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 19th 2012, 12:18 am

Konami has been making consistently boneheaded moves this whole generation. Their seemingly random choices of what and what not to publish may have led to cool beans like No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, Blades of Time and Neverdead, but then they release crap like Jimmy Johnson's Anything With an Engine.

And unless it's a game in the Metal Gear or Castlevania series, don't expect any fair amount of press regarding the game. Hell, I had no idea the Vita was getting a Silent Hill game until they delayed it a week from it's release (for other examples, see Neverdead and Blades of Time).

However, while Konami is just proving to be bad at business as of late, I have to say EA is just pure trash in the way they handle their employees and consumers. So yeah, EA takes the cake, but the fact Konami's proven to be so utterly pointless in the industry this generation that you'd actually forget about them warrant them being a vote option.

On the subject of Activision, the initial post doesn't mention their actions being the cause of the demise of excellent development studios like Luxoflux and Radical. Just you wait, despite the success of the recent Transformers games, if the upcoming Deadpool game doesn't sell well (which it most likely won't) we can say goodbye to High Moon. Even Beenox seems to stumbling dangerously close to Activion's kill line.

You have to give Nintendo some credit though. Unlike Activision or Capcom, with the exception of the Mario series, Nintendo isn't shy about changing things up when they do milk their franchises. For example, the last two Zelda and Metroid games have been quite different from eachother. Metroid had a new developer with a new take on the series usual gameplay and mythos, while Zelda just chose to up the ante on everything we've previously seen in the series by providing gorgeous stylized visuals and an actual instrumental score. Hell, the only reason I think Kirby: Return to Dreamland was even made was because people got tired of all of the weird different directions the series took with each new game (i.e. Canvas Curse, Air Ride, Epic Yarn).
    Alex The Hedgehog

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Kz2PK

Rep1

Post by Alex The Hedgehog August 20th 2012, 11:25 am

EA focused way too much on shooter games, licensed video games, and football.

(Still you have to admit they did make mirrors edge. and that was pretty cool.)
    Jmh
    Jmh

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep67

Post by Jmh August 20th 2012, 5:29 pm

Alex The Hedgehog wrote:EA focused way too much on shooter games, licensed video games, and football.

And Mass Effect.
    Generations
    Generations

Rep0

Post by Generations August 20th 2012, 5:57 pm

I'd go to the one I know the most. Capcom.
    Capcom has been digging themselves in a hole for too long. On disc DLC, screwing up DMC, RE, and killing off the Mega Man franchise by cancelling Legends 3, and denying any plans to continue it. They seem to care about money then their fans. Capcom is dead to me.
    Fans like myself will treat the Mega Man franchise with respect.
    *Pulls out Shadow Blade*
    Come on, Capcom employees. I've got your number.
    The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 ZtZYh

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 2nio02t

Rep76

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 20th 2012, 7:39 pm

Generations wrote:They seem to care about money then their fans.
    I'm not sure I agree to that. There are a lot of ways they could be making money. Like finishing Legends 3. Or maybe they care about money, but they don't really know how to actually MAKE it.
    Erazor
    Erazor

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalg10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep22

Post by Erazor August 21st 2012, 11:41 pm

Jmh wrote:
    Alex The Hedgehog wrote:EA focused way too much on shooter games, licensed video games, and football.

And Mass Effect.
    Yes. EA has published some great games. But at what price? Games with few to no online features such as Bulletstorm and Reckoning (both great titles) came with online passes shoehorned on to assure that gamers wouldn't "steal" by buying used.
    Super Racer Z
    Super Racer Z

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 56qtD

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13

Rep16

Post by Super Racer Z August 22nd 2012, 1:42 am

Erazor wrote:
    Jmh wrote:And Mass Effect.
    Yes. EA has published some great games. But at what price? Games with few to no online features such as Bulletstorm and Reckoning (both great titles) came with online passes shoehorned on to assure that gamers wouldn't "steal" by buying used.

That's what I hate most about EA. They have good developers who have produced games I absolutely love. This makes it difficult to avoid games published by EA, as it means you have to avoid games you enjoy and not support developers you know deserve something for their efforts. Then again, considering the way EA treats their employees, I'm not even sure they get what they deserve regardless of whether or not you buy their product...
    Duck King
    Duck King

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 3qll2

Rep1

Post by Duck King September 3rd 2012, 12:16 am

I hate EA with a passion. I don't know why... but I do. Weird.

Capcom loves on-disc dlc. :/
    awesomesaucexp
    awesomesaucexp

Rep0

Post by awesomesaucexp September 14th 2012, 12:15 pm

I'm going to have to go with EA, even though Microsoft ruined Rareware. That's an old hurt, and EA is such a fresh wound. The Origin system, and multiple lifeless franchises make me hate them so much. I realize every company has some terrible games under their belt, but EA takes the cake for recycled, cookie cutter junk food with very gamer-unfriendly and frankly, shady business practices. Online passes for single player games. Ha.

Nintendo still puts out the most games that I really enjoy, having Mario, Metroid, Zelda and all of that, although I do think some of their more recent titles have been lackluster. The New Super Mario Bros. series has been played out for years now. It, in and of itself, is a rehash of Mario 3, but even now with 5 or so games out, none of them changes much. Same enemies, same music, same bosses, same backgrounds.

Where are the new, great games for Wii? I realize this probably has more to do with the Wii being at the end of it's life cycle, and that NSMB sells like hotcakes, but this also makes me more excited for the Wii U. I feel like the console is more developer friendly because it doesn't require motion controls. Rather, the gamepad is an option to developers that, by itself, doesn't impose any real technical demands on developers, thereby allowing them to make more games. Retro Studios, I'm looking at you. Become the next Rareware, please!

Capcom, I think, pisses me off the most, though. They squeeze the life out of a series, or they don't use it at all. A great property like Megaman with a fantastic history of innovation in the 16 bit era(just look at the difference between Megaman and Megaman X) gets treated like a redheaded stepchild, and Street Fighter gets made into 20 versions of the same damn thing. No thanks.

II2none
    II2none

Rep1

Post by II2none September 14th 2012, 8:11 pm

Cmon Guise EA is the worst.

They supported SOPA and NEVER CHANGED THEIR MIND.

- They want to ban the sell of used games

- They want you to pay more out of pocket just to play a damn game online with there stupid online pass nonsense.

EA is the worst VG company to date. It's hard to believe this is the same company that graced us with 007 games, burnout and need for speed.
    II2none
    II2none

Rep1

Post by II2none September 14th 2012, 8:17 pm

Jmh wrote:

And Mass Effect.

DICE developed Mirrors Edge

BioWare Developed Mass Effect

EA only Published both.
    HeartBreaker
    HeartBreaker

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 3qll2

: Female
     Rep3

Post by HeartBreaker September 15th 2012, 7:50 pm

I don't like EA. for obvious reasons stated above by other users.
    DW_
    DW_

Rep0

Post by DW_ September 16th 2012, 2:39 pm

EA, hands-down. They, along with LucasArts, killed Free Radical Design, one of the greatest FPS developers of all-time. RIP TimeSplitters. ;-;

II2none wrote:
    Jmh wrote:And Mass Effect.

DICE developed Mirrors Edge

BioWare Developed Mass Effect

EA only Published both.

No, EA owns both of them. DICE's full name isn't EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment for no reason. EA also bought BioWare in... 2008, I think.

EDIT: I FORGOT EA ALSO KILLED PANDEMIC STUDIOS. I HATE THEM EVEN MORE NOW.

Last edited by DW_ on September 16th 2012, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    PROTECHMODZ
    PROTECHMODZ

Rep0

Post by PROTECHMODZ September 16th 2012, 2:46 pm

I would just have to say Nintendo since they ruined Mario
    NeoMetalSonic
    NeoMetalSonic

Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Blackr10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalw11Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Zigzag10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 White10Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medal13Who Is The Worst Publisher Right Now? - Page 2 Medalg10

Rep35

Post by NeoMetalSonic September 16th 2012, 2:56 pm

But Mario better than ever
    PROTECHMODZ
    PROTECHMODZ

Rep0

Post by PROTECHMODZ September 16th 2012, 3:23 pm

NeoMetalSonic wrote:But Mario better than ever

I feel that they used used mario cause now their is like over 15 different mario carts games.
    DW_
    DW_

Rep0

Post by DW_ September 17th 2012, 5:40 pm

PROTECHMODZ wrote:
    NeoMetalSonic wrote:But Mario better than ever

I feel that they used used mario cause now their is like over 15 different mario carts games.

Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Kart Advance, Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart 7.

That's nine, not fifteen.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content