The ancient lands.

4 posters

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit

The Freedom Fighter
    The Freedom Fighter

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit ZtZYh

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Blackr10Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Medalw11Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Zigzag10Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit White10Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Medal13Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit 2nio02t

: Male
     Rep76

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Empty Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit

Post by The Freedom Fighter August 1st 2012, 6:23 pm

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/comments/segas-new-video-game-strategy-manages-to-turn-a-profit

Not sure if I'm happy about this. But I guess it is good news regardless.
    TrueBlue52
    TrueBlue52

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Kz2PK

Rep5

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Empty Re: Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit

Post by TrueBlue52 August 1st 2012, 8:03 pm

Elsewhere, Sega's Pachinko and amusement machine businesses saw increased sales and profits thanks to solid performance of certain machines and sales of collectible cards, more than balancing out the consumer business' losses.

So Sega makes Pachinko machines??? One of my friends had a Pachinko machine, i thought it was one of the coolest things ever.

This is a better link: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/174995/Sega_begins_to_see_payoff_from_new_video_game_strategy.php

I'm not sure what they are referring to when they say "IP".

P.S. their strategy was to close several offices.
    SpeedyBlueDude
    SpeedyBlueDude

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit GOMM8

Rep4

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Empty Re: Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit

Post by SpeedyBlueDude August 1st 2012, 9:10 pm

Of course it's making a profit. The Mobile/Social market is a gold mine right now. The very small amount it takes to port/make IOS game, and then the huge payoff they give is incredible. Then now with Sega only focusing on their big sellers (Sonic/Aliens/Football Manager) they make sure they always make more then the game took to make.

This business strategy was really smart by Sega.
    Schnickelfritz
    Schnickelfritz

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Imagee10

Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit White10Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Medalg10Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Medal13Sega’s New Video Game Strategy Manages to Turn a Profit Medalw11

Rep34

Post by Schnickelfritz August 2nd 2012, 1:51 am

Anyone remember their "Toylet" a few months back? yeeeeahhhhhhhh no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content